Buzz Williams looking good

Saw him in Dallas in July at a tournament and almost didn't recognize him.

Missouri looking pretty good too.

They're as loaded as anyone in the league. They've got a PG, a big stud, and Denmond. I think this guy is a much better coach than they had so we'll see what difference that makes. They look pretty good tonight.

Remember only a year or so ago that Wayman was at our game and looked so good during Jimmy V week. Still so sad about that.

They're as loaded as anyone in the league. They've got a PG, a big stud, and Denmond. I think this guy is a much better coach than they had so we'll see what difference that makes. They look pretty good tonight.

Remember only a year or so ago that Wayman was at our game and looked so good during Jimmy V week. Still so sad about that.

I'll take MU's top 8 against just about anyone. Unfortunately that's all we have. As long as Ratliffe and Pressey stay out of foul trouble, MU will not lose many games.

MU should always have players. I always thought that if they just recruited KC and St. Louis that they would do pretty well(plus they should be able to get something out of Chicago too). As much as I dislike MU it looks as if they'll be hard to beat this year.

Did the title of this thread remind anyone of the Boom goest he dynamite kid.

"Buzz Williams looking good"

"Reggie Miller's looking good" and "Booms goes the dynamite".

I agree with your assessment of Mizzou's former coach. I never bought into the Mike Anderson hype. Everyone seemed to think that he was a Richardson clone who was on course to equal Nolan's success and bring "40 minutes of hell" to Missouri when he brought in the right players. I jokingly called his defenses "40 minutes of heck," because it never even came close to Richardson's defense at Tulsa and Arkansas.

Haith has done an outstanding job at Mizzou so far. If it continues, I'm sure everyone will say that he did it with Anderson's players. I don't buy that either. The Tigers came out smelling like a rose in hiring Haith to replace Mike Anderson. Anderson is a good coach, but nowhere near as good as some made him out to be when he took the Mizzou job.

As for Buzz William's weight loss? Good for him! I have nothing more to add.

...when he brought in the right players...

That's the key.

Anderson does a very good job of coaching his style. He does an awful job of adjusting when his style isn't working, and he was far too selective in his recruiting.

He passed on or was late to the party for several talented players. BJ Young, who's starring for him now at Arkansas, could have been a Tiger, but Anderson chose not to recruit him because of a long history of academic and attitude concerns. He passed on Alec Burks for similar reasons. There's a big guy at VCU right now, Juvonte Reddic, who's a really solid post defender and rebounder. He was ours if we wanted him. Anderson said no thanks. He didn't start recruiting Beal until well after Illinois, kansas and Florida were all over him, which put us behind from the start. The list goes on and on....

When Anderson did have the right guys, though (2008-09), he was damn good.

Haith has proven to be much more flexible, and he's drawn far more interest from much better recruits (2011 5 star guard Jabari Brown is visiting this weekend as a potential transfer, for example). He went out and put together an amazing coaching staff that would challenge him and complement his weaknesses, whereas Anderson filled his staff with yes men and his nephew. Haith's taken the best parts of what Anderson left at Mizzou, left behind the weaknesses, and put together a fantastic team despite only having eight scholarship players to work with right now.

It remains to be seen if Haith can keep it up when he has to put a roster together on his own. He should have talented players, but that's not always enough (see: Capel).

Back