Cade shot 50% again

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
He is really getting disciplined with his shot selection. He is noticeably passing on shots he was taking a couple weeks ago.

You can see him start to go in a shooting motion, then stop and give the ball up.

Great job. You can bet he knew what his shooting % was and is working to increase it.

He works to improve it, no matter what it is.

One thing that is going to help his long ball is the fact that he's driving more. Defensive players are going to guard him differently, knowing that he can get to the rack.

I like Cade and he's a very valuable role player.

Davis clearly having best season of his career. He needs to get more touches and Pledger needs to stop shooting.

I like Cade and he's a very valuable role player.

I would rather see that statement turned around a little to Cade is a very valuable player who knows his role. ;)

Cade's game has improved and matured tremendously in the last few games. As Shooter said, defenders have to respect his ability to put the ball on the floor and drive now. They can't just assume that he is going to shoot from deep and rush at him to put a hand up, and that has led to his getting better shots from three, as well as more scoring opportunities closer to the basket and the free throw line.

In short, he's more of a complete player now. The Cade Davis I saw in high school always had the ability to take defenders to the hole off the dribble. I don't know why it took him so long to show it at the college level?

Davis clearly having best season of his career. He needs to get more touches and Pledger needs to stop shooting.

People have said the same thing about Cade many times.

Steve will get back in the groove.

People have said the same thing about Cade many times.

Steve will get back in the groove.
Yep it is knee jerk reaction like, Pledger has one of the best looking shots on the team, he is just in a major slump. Just like Cade, Tony etc when they're slumping he'll come out of it.

Pledger has one of the best looking shots on the team, he is just in a major slump.

Agreed. The only way he will break out of his slump is to keep shooting.

His 50% average from three for most of his high school career proves he is definitely capable. It's a matter of confidence, better timing on some of the shots he's taking, and a little more luck on the close ones that look like they're going down, only to spin out or take a goofy bounce. Steven will be fine as soon as he makes a few of those shots.

Agreed! We've all seen how Pledger can shoot early, just for some reason he is in a major slump but he hit some key 3's in both home games so he needs to keep firing away!

Yep it is knee jerk reaction like, Pledger has one of the best looking shots on the team, he is just in a major slump. Just like Cade, Tony etc when they're slumping he'll come out of it.

this.

It's all part of a growing process. Tony got better, Cade got better, Pledge will do the same.

Back