Can anyone explain our rotation?

OkieTC

Reaction score
I don't understand how Willis can start, I believe, 3 games; and then not even play in others? How can Fitz have a really nice game one day, and the next, barely play? I guess I just don't understand Capels rotation. Pledger also has a strange rotation. Its almost like Coach forgets he has other players on the bench. I am sure he has his reasons for the odd rotations, just wondered if anyone out there understands and can explain it to me?

It's definitely weird. One game Pledger and Fitz don't play, then the next game, they are either starting or the first two off the bench. It's defnitely odd.

Injuries, practice, attitude, style of play of opponent, etc.????

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cD7SZsG3nY[/ame]

I don't understand how Willis can start, I believe, 3 games; and then not even play in others? How can Fitz have a really nice game one day, and the next, barely play? I guess I just don't understand Capels rotation. Pledger also has a strange rotation. Its almost like Coach forgets he has other players on the bench. I am sure he has his reasons for the odd rotations, just wondered if anyone out there understands and can explain it to me?

I am not so sure capel can explain why he does what he does....

The answer to your question is simple. You take straws out of a broom and cut them into different lengths... :)

Seriously, I agree that our rotation has been somewhat of a mystery lately. That was not the case early on when Willie, Tiny, Cade, Tony and Ryan started for several straight games. So maybe the off-the-court problems, injuries and illnesses have played a role to some extent, but it doesn't explain everything we're seeing. I was glad to see Fitz get more minutes in the last couple of games. He made the best of the opportunity, too. Let's just hope he doesn't disappear again.

Willis is pretty easy to explain. He got the minutes he got due to injury and suspension. As to the minutes for Wright, Fitzgerald, Tiny and Pledger, I would say your guess as is as good as anyone's including Capel.

Willis is pretty easy to explain. He got the minutes he got due to injury and suspension. As to the minutes for Wright, Fitzgerald, Tiny and Pledger, I would say your guess as is as good as anyone's including Capel.

I think it has had a lot to do with perceived match ups and incidents both on and off the court (that includes practice). JMHO.

I think it has had a lot to do with perceived match ups and incidents both on and off the court (that includes practice). JMHO.

I do too. I was mostly joking. However, I will say it does appear logical to me but I will assume Capel knows more about matchups and progress than I do.

Back