Caracter (UTEP) learns his fate Saturday

hoopmaster

Reaction score
If you remember Derrick Caracter of Louisville, he was squeezed out by Pitino at Louisville after he had continuous academic issues. He was a five-star out of high school and has transferred from Louisville to UTEP.

He is still having academic issues and has been ineligible the first semester, but he could be declared eligible on Saturday which would make him eligible for the OU game in OKC.

UTEP is already very good in the frontcourt. Adding Caracter will make them down right scary.

Should be a great matchup in the All-College.

This one's for you, JessieW: ZAGSBLOG

Yeah, Caracter was a pretty damn good player. Why he hasn't already left for the NBA, who knows.

Yeah, Caracter was a pretty damn good player. Why he hasn't already left for the NBA, who knows.

He is not a NBA player right now. I remember when he was a freshman in high school and went to either the Adidas or Nike All-American Camp and tore it up, everyone was talking about how he was the next big thing, was a legit 6'8" at the time. However, after his junior year, he never really improved a whole lot and was a non-factor at Louisville most of the time. A wasted talent (so far) that is for sure.

He is not a NBA player right now. I remember when he was a freshman in high school and went to either the Adidas or Nike All-American Camp and tore it up, everyone was talking about how he was the next big thing, was a legit 6'8" at the time. However, after his junior year, he never really improved a whole lot and was a non-factor at Louisville most of the time. A wasted talent (so far) that is for sure.

More often than not guys who have a poor work ethic in the classroom have the same problem on the basketball court. I think Caracter falls in that category. If he had a strong work ethic on the court, he has the God-given ability to be a lottery pick.

Back