Cheap Shot on Blake.

I guess you do what you have to do against superior talent? I bet he gets really tired of this type of crap.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...under-clippers/1960843/?morestories=obnetwork

It's kind of ironic. The part about him getting tired of this crap.

There's a reason he seems to get more cheap shots than other players. KD, Lebron, etc don't consistantly have this happen to them.

I'm not saying what Serge did was right because it certainly wasn't, but I can see why BG has this problem. He's a very physical player and gets away with a lot of contact.

Serge made a mistake in the heat of the moment and will probably face a fine and short suspension.

I think he was swinging to knock away Blake's arm and hit the wrong target but guys can't be allowed to swing regardless.

KD and Lebron are not PFs either. They play a much more outside / finesse game. Also lots of physical players in the league, but you don't see Blake hitting them in the man parts.

I don't understand why Ibaka wasn't ejected.

This has been going on since his days at OU....the best way to handle Blake is to get VERY physical with him, i.e., cheap shots.

I remember when Blake played against USC and the very same thing occured.

I remember when Blake played against USC and the very same thing occured.

USC was physical, but Morgan State was a bodyslam.

Lots of games that year where the other team got really physical with Blake. That Moses dude at OSU cheapshotted him in 2 separate games.

blake was fouling serge (clearly holding/pulling his jersey) and serge tried to rip away .. he was looking at the rim it was a F1 and it is unlikely that he gets suspended

blake was fouling serge (clearly holding/pulling his jersey) and serge tried to rip away .. he was looking at the rim it was a F1 and it is unlikely that he gets suspended

Ibaka has done this three times this year to Blake already. He elbowed him on a free throw and no call.

Maybe he didn't mean to hit him down there, but he did. Blake is holding him off because he is trying to not get sandwiched for the rebound.

If you watch, Serge looks where he is going to punch then looks up as he does it.

Last edited:
I love Blake, but he gets away with a lot of pushing on rebounds. As long as the refs do not call it other players will get frustrated and do things like Ibaka did, although clearly wrong. Its hard to blame it on Blake since its not always called. I did notice late in the game Blake gave a hard shove after a basket was made to Perkins. One hand was on Perkins back and the other was on his neck. Made the push look worse just by the placement of the hands.

again, why do you think this is?

Because he's physically superior to just about every other player at his position. He may play in a physical manner, but he's not a cheap shot artist like your boy, Serge.

I wholeheartedly reject your assertion that Blake somehow deserves to be hit in the nuts. Ridiculous.

Thunder are turning into a bunch of thugs. The already are a bunch of whiners.

Because he's physically superior to just about every other player at his position. He may play in a physical manner, but he's not a cheap shot artist like your boy, Serge.

I wholeheartedly reject your assertion that Blake somehow deserves to be hit in the nuts. Ridiculous.

Exactly. Even if BG pushes on rebounds, that's being physical which I don't have a problem with. Why can't the defender get physical back without a cheapshot? No need for that in any level of basketball.

Serge needs to be suspended and fined.

It's kind of ironic. The part about him getting tired of this crap.

There's a reason he seems to get more cheap shots than other players. KD, Lebron, etc don't consistantly have this happen to them.

I'm not saying what Serge did was right because it certainly wasn't, but I can see why BG has this problem. He's a very physical player and gets away with a lot of contact.

Really a dumb comment. Those guys don't play the same position as BG.

Some of the pros get frustrated because BG is going 100% all the time and they don't. He may be physical but he doesn't cheap shot, and there is a big difference.

If it was simply that, all the elite physical superstars would be having the same treatment...they aren't.
Serge made a mistake. some thing it was unintentional, others don't. But to call him a dirty player and not blake is funny
Where did I say it? Maybe you should reread this thread

Really a dumb comment. Those guys don't play the same position as BG.

Some of the pros get frustrated because BG is going 100% all the time and they don't. He may be physical but he doesn't cheap shot, and there is a big difference.

lol, take off the crimson glasses bob

Don't eff with serge

Dunleavy+Slaps+Ibaka.gif

I'm sure you'd enjoy being hit in the nuts, Bounce. Bob's comment was totally appropriate; that absolutely was a cheap shot.

If it was an obvious cheap shot, why was he not kicked out?

The refs either didn't think it was intentional or they knew it was intentional but didn't kick him out because the the crap that blake does all game.

you decide

Blake does not deserve to be defended. He is always starring down players after dunks.....and I don't know how many times he blatantly shoves opposing players in the back, especially yesterday.

Ibaka should not have hit him like that, but Blake deserves most of what he gets. :taylor776:

Go Sooners!

Back