Coach Capel ending twitter

Another reason not to learn what twitter is. I just figured out e-mail and began on facebook. Twitter? Wasn't he a singer?

Yeah, I go to Maryland. You want to see a boring coach, look at Gary Williams's twitter.

I'm glad. The season is here. Don't need any distractions.

Like I said in another thread, Twitter is a nightmare for the NCAA. All the major sports have been cracking down on it.

I think twitter is going to be a fade. I just don't see the appeal with it. If your nobody who cares. If you are famous why do you want to encourage idiots to follow you and worship you. I could be way off base with this, I predict that $3.50 coffee would fail massively in the early 90s.

I think twitter is going to be a fade. I just don't see the appeal with it. If your nobody who cares. If you are famous why do you want to encourage idiots to follow you and worship you. I could be way off base with this, I predict that $3.50 coffee would fail massively in the early 90s.

It did... now it's $5. :chestram2:

i don't think micro blogging is goign anywhere any time soon ... it is still growing by leaps and bounds ...

twitter may or may not last ... but the format will be here for the long term

Twitter isn't going anywhere anytime soon...its one of the most significant P.R./Marketing developments the internet has ever seen. Its huge for so many reasons, but maybe the biggest is that marketers are able to get instant feedback on any number of things. And the celebs/athletes aren't exactly trying to grow an army of worshippers...they're branding. It really is an amazing form of interaction.

And depending on how you use it, it can be a phenomenal resource for any number of things once you learn your way around a little bit.

Its gonna be around for a long time...its every bit as significant as facebook...

Perhaps twitter will be something that Coach Capel just uses in off season.

and Capel's run has ended... who will we replace him with?:kelvin

I would like to say a few words on behalf of JCT:

It was a good twitter - a twitter that could make us laugh. Make us filled with joy. It taught me how to use short-hand - to write in code. It was a twitter that spoke of music, basketball, basketball recruiting, and making fun of Jeff Goodman. It was a twitter that made friends with the twitter of Terrence Jones. Most of all, it was a twitter that we could all believe in. Amen.

RIP JCT

You will be missed.

Back