Conference recruits

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Now that the smoke has cleared, can someone post a list of each conference teams new recruits for next year. As a follow up to bigs post, I want to take a peek and pick my all freshman team and all newcomer team. Thanks in advance.

If I had to rank the South I would rank them UT, OU, OSU tied with BU, TAMU, and Tech. UT will have a better backcourt this year than last year when you add the perimeter shooting of Jai Lucas and Shawn Williams to go along with the slashing of Hamilton and Bradley. For Baylor, Ekpe Udoh will play at an All Defensive level coming in and they'll add guard depth with 4 wings. They'll undoubtedly play alot of 4 guard sets. OSU brings in some scoring, but still hasn't solved it's post play issues. Add to that, they won't have a penitrating guard. TAMU has a very underrated class. Naji Hibbert will contribute from day one. Tech brings in Brad Reese who will compete for the 4th starting position with Corbin Ray and Dwaylon Roberts.

If I had to rank the South I would rank them UT, OU, OSU tied with BU, TAMU, and Tech. UT will have a better backcourt this year than last year when you add the perimeter shooting of Jai Lucas and Shawn Williams to go along with the slashing of Hamilton and Bradley. For Baylor, Ekpe Udoh will play at an All Defensive level coming in and they'll add guard depth with 4 wings. They'll undoubtedly play alot of 4 guard sets. OSU brings in some scoring, but still hasn't solved it's post play issues. Add to that, they won't have a penitrating guard. TAMU has a very underrated class. Naji Hibbert will contribute from day one. Tech brings in Brad Reese who will compete for the 4th starting position with Corbin Ray and Dwaylon Roberts.

Tech will go with this lineup, if I had to guess...

PG: John Roberson
SG: Nick Okorie
SF: Brad Reese
PF: Mike Singletary
C: Robert Lewandowski

Tech will go with this lineup, if I had to guess...

PG: John Roberson
SG: Nick Okorie
SF: Brad Reese
PF: Mike Singletary
C: Robert Lewandowski

What are Brad Reese's numbers? It's not going to be easy for him to come in and play over a guy like Roberts or Corbin Ray. Those guys have been in the system. If they were smart, they would use Mike Singletary the way OU use to use Nolan Johnson and Texas use to use PJ Tucker with alot of 1-4 sets and clear outs. His shot has improved enough to play that 3 spot.

The Big 12 is comparable to last year's Big East. The talent is ridiculous.

I would say that 7 teams have top 25 recruiting classes when all the smoke clears:

1. UT- 3 top ESPN top 100's (two top 25- Bradley/Hamilton)
2. KU- 3 top 100's (1 top 25 Xavier Henry)
3. OU- 4 top 100's (2 top 25 TMG/Gallon)
4. OSU- 3 top 100's
5. Baylor- 3 top 100's
6. A&M- 3 top 100's
7. K St- 1 top 100 (Wally Judge who is a top 15)

Newcomer of the year will probably be Avery Bradley, Xavier Henry or possibly Ekpe Udoh. Baylor coaches think Udoh is a 15 pts, 10 rebs, 3 blocks guy.

The Big 12 is comparable to last year's Big East. The talent is ridiculous.

I would say that 7 teams have top 25 recruiting classes when all the smoke clears:

1. UT- 3 top ESPN top 100's (two top 25- Bradley/Hamilton)
2. KU- 3 top 100's (1 top 25 Xavier Henry)
3. OU- 4 top 100's (2 top 25 TMG/Gallon)
4. OSU- 3 top 100's
5. Baylor- 3 top 100's
6. A&M- 3 top 100's
7. K St- 1 top 100 (Wally Judge who is a top 15)

Newcomer of the year will probably be Avery Bradley, Xavier Henry or possibly Ekpe Udoh. Baylor coaches think Udoh is a 15 pts, 10 rebs, 3 blocks guy.

Newcomers are generally Juco players or Transfers. Seems as if Nebraska or ISU will have a Juco guy average double figures or if Jai Lucas averages double figures he'll win.

What are Brad Reese's numbers? It's not going to be easy for him to come in and play over a guy like Roberts or Corbin Ray. Those guys have been in the system. If they were smart, they would use Mike Singletary the way OU use to use Nolan Johnson and Texas use to use PJ Tucker with alot of 1-4 sets and clear outs. His shot has improved enough to play that 3 spot.

The problem with Roberts is he has no game. He is just a good athlete. He cant shoot, cant post, and cant handle. Ray was a freshman last year who barely played at all.

Reese is supposed to be a very good 3pt shooter at 6'6''-6'7'' and is more of a small forward than Ray or Roberts. He got a 94 rating by ESPN, and chose Tech over LSU, OSU, Arkansas, ISU, and South Florida.

I dont know what his numbers will be, but I would guess somewhere around 8-10 points a game. He will be mostly a shooter on the wing, which is something Ray and Roberts can't provide for them.

The problem with Roberts is he has no game. He is just a good athlete. He cant shoot, cant post, and cant handle. Ray was a freshman last year who barely played at all.

Reese is supposed to be a very good 3pt shooter at 6'6''-6'7'' and is more of a small forward than Ray or Roberts. He got a 94 rating by ESPN, and chose Tech over LSU, OSU, Arkansas, ISU, and South Florida.

I dont know what his numbers will be, but I would guess somewhere around 8-10 points a game. He will be mostly a shooter on the wing, which is something Ray and Roberts can't provide for them.

We'll just have to see. Alot of times people's games doesn't transfer over. Who heard fo Brad Reese three years ago when he was a high school senior? He's got good size for a three point shooter and playing with Roberson will help him get some shots.

I'm betting that Reese flops. Just a hunch.

Back