Craziest box score I’ve ever seen

So how do you account for eight wins against a good schedule? Pure luck? If we don't do anything well and obviously are horribly coached according to so many, it's amazing we aren't 0-11. We must have gotten espresso lucky against the Minnesota team that beat number 2 and just boat raced the in-state team so many on this board would love to trade places with from a coaching standpoint.

Some of us actually watch the games objectively...

We just squeaked by at home, scoring only 53 points against a mid-major. It’s not the wins and losses, it’s how horribly we’ve played in those wins and the losses.

Last edited:

We just squeaked by at home, scoring only 53 points against a mid-major. It’s not the wins and losses, it’s how horribly we’ve played in those wins and the losses.

Yep. 1 point win over UCF, scoring 53 in a home game. 2 point win over a NT team that is 5-7 with losses to URI and EMU. Minnesota is 6-5 with losses to some pretty mediocre teams.

It's been a cluster the last 6 games.

Mid-major or not, they beat Duke in the tourney with real refs

And here I thought winning and losing WAS the thing all along. Guess we can save some money and unhook the scoreboard. I'd argue that 90 percent of the Kruger haters are anything but objective. I am a Kruger supporter but I am more than willing to acknowledge all the flaws with how this team has played. Most the haters, on the other hand, are absolutely unwilling to acknowledge any positives.

Objective people would look around and see how many teams are in the same boat we are and realize that a poor stretch of play isn't a sign of incompetent coaching or a complete lack of heart or effort. After all, the thing so many LOVE about Boynton is how hard his teams supposedly play and how they always compete. Yet they have gotten their butts handed to them to an embarrassing degree multiple times the past two weeks. If that happened to us, all we would hear is how it is Lon's fault because he "just sits there and never gets on his players" and doesn't coach/demand effort. Objectivity means you can evaluate OU like you would any other team out there, and that is something that very few of the critical posters have shown they can do.

And here I thought winning and losing WAS the thing all along. Guess we can save some money and unhook the scoreboard. I'd argue that 90 percent of the Kruger haters are anything but objective. I am a Kruger supporter but I am more than willing to acknowledge all the flaws with how this team has played. Most the haters, on the other hand, are absolutely unwilling to acknowledge any positives.

Objective people would look around and see how many teams are in the same boat we are and realize that a poor stretch of play isn't a sign of incompetent coaching or a complete lack of heart or effort. After all, the thing so many LOVE about Boynton is how hard his teams supposedly play and how they always compete. Yet they have gotten their butts handed to them to an embarrassing degree multiple times the past two weeks. If that happened to us, all we would hear is how it is Lon's fault because he "just sits there and never gets on his players" and doesn't coach/demand effort. Objectivity means you can evaluate OU like you would any other team out there, and that is something that very few of the critical posters have shown they can do.

Whataboutism is the worst sort of commentary. I really don’t care what OSU is doing right now or what “boat” other teams are in. I care about how my team is playing and how they look. And what I see is not a “bad stretch,” I see an extremely flawed team that lacks cohesiveness, focus, and worst of all they lack hustle. Getting outrebounded game after game is a sure sign of the lack of hustle. We got outrebounded by North Texas and Central Florida for God’s sake! We managed to barely win those games to make them somewhat less embarrassing but how do you think we are going to do against better Big 12 competition? Which big 12 team would you favor us against? I can’t think of one.

How do you explain our complete lack of ball movement on offense? This lack of offense is not new by the way, it’s just more glaring because of this team’s lack of offensive talent, which is a reflection of bad recruiting, there’s just no sugar-coating this. And the other thing that’s baffling to me is the substitution pattern, does anyone understand what Kruger is doing with our subs? There’s just no rhyme or reason to it at all. Why he’s still playing Bieniemy and Harmon at the same time also blows my mind. The issues are widespread and they’re systemic.

They were 9-2. Good coach. Big, athletic team. Had they beaten OU it wouldn’t have been much of an upset in my view.

Their Ken Pom rating is 102. A good record against a terrible schedule doesn't make you a good team. They've struggled all season. They lost their best players (3 of them) from last year. They are not going to be a good team this year.

Their Ken Pom rating is 102. A good record against a terrible schedule doesn't make you a good team. They've struggled all season. They lost their best players (3 of them) from last year. They are not going to be a good team this year.

They have 11 first year players.

Everyone was saying the same thing about William & Mary, who just lost to the Saint Francis Red Flash.

Latest game... 23 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds. 10-13 from the field, 2-2 from 3.

Sigh.

Latest game... 23 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds. 10-13 from the field, 2-2 from 3.

Sigh.

King of the cherry pickers. Notice you didn't post after his 6-23 gem in a home loss to Creighton. To be fair, he is all the way up to 22 percent from three on the season, and we know how patient people are with the guys on our team who are shooting a terrible percentage so far.

Back