Missouri State at OU: 7:00 11/14

Was it Oregon or Oregon State that beat the USA Women team?

We can't afford to have 4 starters go to the bench with 2 fouls each in the first half. We never played as hard on defense or offense after that.

We missed 7 free throws.

We can't afford for Ana to foul out.

What we can’t afford is Simpson at center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What we can’t afford is Simpson at center.

Did Simpson put 4 players on the bench with 2 fouls each in the 2nd quarter?

Did Simpson miss 7 free throws?

Did Simpson cause Ana to foul out?

Didn't think so.

Keeping Simpson in as much as we did in the second half was a horrible coaching decision and contributed to our disaster collapse. She is not the answer. I don't care how hard you think she hustles, she doesn't rebound any better than any of our guards do, and has absolutely no offensive ability. She shoots a jump shot as though she were a 7-footer, barely leaving the ground. while that's all fine and well and might have been the answer on a high school basketball team it will not help us come conference time, and this is why I'm frustrated. Not giving the other girls more opportunity will cost us. We cannot rely on guard play alone because, as tonight illustrated, once our shooting percentage goes down, we have nothing else to go to we fall apart. I'm hoping Scott can rehab quickly and prove effective otherwise this may be a very up-and-down frustrating season. and with us bringing in a 5'3" backup point guard next season as our only commit I don't see much Hope for change ahead.

Indeed, if we had been more careful about touch fouls, we would have been able to keep our starters on the floor and keep the momentum. It doesn't help that Madi was called on a very suspicious foul. But, Madi really didn't play smart the entire game (she's kind of my favorite).

Ana made her usual mistakes, as well as her great plays. But, once we put the reserves in, they were able to find the holes in our defense.

We did have problems with rebounding. The officials didn't exactly help. We will probably have those all year, unless Aspen and Scott can do something to help. It isn't going to come from Mandy. She isn't bad, but is limited.

We played a very good team. We blew a lead. We almost came back except for some stupid turnovers at the end. We found out some stuff about ourselves. We knew they were good.

There was a streak in which they simply couldn't miss. When they did, for some reason, the ball bounced off our hands to theirs.

I don't mind this loss at this time of year. I would like to have all hands on deck. I would also like to talk to some officials about why they weren't called for pushing off, but we were. Dribbler had her hand on our defenders chest more than once. If this were serious, I would be irritated. This is practice at this point in the season.

They are good. I don't think they will get away with some post immobility when they get back to the NCAAs, which they will. But, they can shoot.

We shot well. Then, we shot ourselves in the foot. When will we learn about touch fouls? Half our fouls are unnecessary.

Surprisingly, I feel pretty good about this game. Well, I feel as good as you can feel when you blow a twenty point lead. At least, it wasn't to TCU or Kansas.

Indeed, if we had been more careful about touch fouls, we would have been able to keep our starters on the floor and keep the momentum. It doesn't help that Madi was called on a very suspicious foul. But, Madi really didn't play smart the entire game (she's kind of my favorite).

Ana made her usual mistakes, as well as her great plays. But, once we put the reserves in, they were able to find the holes in our defense.

We did have problems with rebounding. The officials didn't exactly help. We will probably have those all year, unless Aspen and Scott can do something to help. It isn't going to come from Mandy. She isn't bad, but is limited.

We played a very good team. We blew a lead. We almost came back except for some stupid turnovers at the end. We found out some stuff about ourselves. We knew they were good.

There was a streak in which they simply couldn't miss. When they did, for some reason, the ball bounced off our hands to theirs.

I don't mind this loss at this time of year. I would like to have all hands on deck. I would also like to talk to some officials about why they weren't called for pushing off, but we were. Dribbler had her hand on our defenders chest more than once. If this were serious, I would be irritated. This is practice at this point in the season.

They are good. I don't think they will get away with some post immobility when they get back to the NCAAs, which they will. But, they can shoot.

We shot well. Then, we shot ourselves in the foot. When will we learn about touch fouls? Half our fouls are unnecessary.

Surprisingly, I feel pretty good about this game. Well, I feel as good as you can feel when you blow a twenty point lead. At least, it wasn't to TCU or Kansas.
The Refs aren't out there to help you...You have to help yourself, I do think they are a little better this year not a lot but some. Maybe the new coaches can talk the Coales in recruiting some height

Did Simpson put 4 players on the bench with 2 fouls each in the 2nd quarter?

Did Simpson miss 7 free throws?

Did Simpson cause Ana to foul out?

Didn't think so.
Simpson played almost the entire 2nd half and other than 1 good pass contributed nothing positive. It's almost like we are playing 4 on 5.

Exactly 8693. I love Simpson’s hustle and effort, but she offers little chance for improvement where Williston and Bloom do.

When Williston and Nadi were on the floor tonight the other team seemed to have match-up problems. We inexplicably went away from that.

When Williston was on the floor she makes a difference. Simpson does not.

Exactly 8693. I love Simpson’s hustle and effort, but she offers little chance for improvement where Williston and Bloom do.

When Williston and Nadi were on the floor tonight the other team seemed to have match-up problems. We inexplicably went away from that.

When Williston was on the floor she makes a difference. Simpson does not.

You had me the whole time until you mentioned Bloom. She is absolutely not the answer and people on this board need to come to that realization. It’s like she is the backup QB that everybody loves.... until he plays.

Williston absolutely needs more time. She fatigues easily so I’m not sure she could go for more than 12-15 minutes but they would be good minutes and she needs floor time to keep improving.

That 3rd quarter was reminiscent of OU football's 3rd quarter against K-State.

I agree that Bloom may not be the answer, but she couldn’t be any more ineffective than Simpson.

Back