Current Events Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I didn't last 10 minutes. And to think there are people out there who actually trust politicians to help fix their lives.....it's insanity.

Outside of some preferences I have on certain policies, it really doesn't matter who is in the white house, you and only you control your house.....and there are more than a few sheep who need to wake up to that reality.

I have you beat. I lasted about 5 minutes. It was so cringy that I just turned it off. Both sides. Biden seems like he is barely alive, and Trump can't shut up and get out of his own way. Sad.

And agree with your second point too. I said it when Obama was in office. My life doesn't change much regardless of who is in office. I may not like the "message" coming out when the dems have control, but my day to day? Not really different. But our country and our government are all trending the wrong direction right now.

Biden came off competent though so that’s a plus for democrats

I think we should just cancel the other two debates

And I can’t imagine a challenger getting away with calling the potus a clown, a racist, and telling him to shut up. Trump isn’t the typical potus either though

I have you beat. I lasted about 5 minutes. It was so cringy that I just turned it off. Both sides. Biden seems like he is barely alive, and Trump can't shut up and get out of his own way. Sad.

And agree with your second point too. I said it when Obama was in office. My life doesn't change much regardless of who is in office. I may not like the "message" coming out when the dems have control, but my day to day? Not really different. But our country and our government are all trending the wrong direction right now.

I'm with ya man. I've lived long enough to know that, in the end, it really doesn't matter. Although politics used to be somewhat civil (or maybe I was too young and naive), there is rarely, if ever, an opportunity to have productive discussions anymore.

Just keep on keeping on.....that's the best advice I could give the youngsters on here. You have to make your own way and not be reliant on legislation or policies to guide your life.

Trump was like an escapee from a mental institution that snorted one too many lines of Adderall. He was a raving ranting lunatic. He was an absolute disgrace. Chris Wallace was also a disgrace for allowing it. Trump refused to condemn white supremacists, probably the easiest softball ever. Trump disgracefully tried to undermine our electoral process. He refused to tell his supporters not to riot after election day. He was an absolute embarrassment. In the next debate they need to have the ability to cut his mic and then do it.

Trump was like an escapee from a mental institution that snorted one too many lines of Adderall. He was a raving ranting lunatic. He was an absolute disgrace. Chris Wallace was also a disgrace for allowing it. Trump refused to condemn white supremacists, probably the easiest softball ever. Trump disgracefully tried to undermine our electoral process. He refused to tell his supporters not to riot after election day. He was an absolute embarrassment. In the next debate they need to have the ability to cut his mic and then do it.

LOL

Trump and Biden should both be ashamed of themselves. Did you really expect different?

And trump responded to the ridiculous question about denouncing white supremacists by saying Sure I will do that. So again fake news.

Proud boys are not a white supremacist group

LOL

Trump and Biden should both be ashamed of themselves. Did you really expect different?

And trump responded to the ridiculous question about denouncing white supremacists by saying Sure I will do that. So again fake news.

Proud boys are not a white supremacist group

Yes they freaking are. He said he would do it and THEN HE DID NOT DO IT. Joe Biden was just fine. I give him props for standing there on the stage with that lunatic for 90 minutes. I would not have blamed him one bit for telling that idiot to F off and walking off the stage.

:ez-laugh:
Yes they freaking are. He said he would do it and THEN HE DID NOT DO IT. Joe Biden was just fine. I give him props for standing there on the stage with that lunatic for 90 minutes. I would not have blamed him one bit for telling that idiot to F off and walking off the stage.

In case you want to know more about white supremacist group the Proud Boys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

wikipedia...always nice sources

Maybe they are now. But they weren't when they were created. If they are now it is because htye have been infiltrated. I've listened to Gavin McInnes quite a bit. He's harsh, but his beliefs are not pro white supremacists. He used to be an atheist that was pro choice. THen he had kids and is a Christian that is anti abortion, anti feminism movement, and pro masculine.

He has distanced himself from Proud boys so maybe they have shifted their focus

In case you want to know more about white supremacist group the Proud Boys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

Officially, the group rejects white supremacy, although members have participated in multiple racist events and events centered around anti-left violence, with a former member organizing the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville.[26] The organization glorifies violence[27][28][29][30] and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has called it an "alt-right fight club."[26][31][32]

Can you list the racist events they have participated in?

They have historically shown up to events where violence is already happening...often throwing flames on the fire. From what I've seen, they are not the first to throw the punch....but that last.

The whole point of Trump's response to the question was to say sure I'll denounce white suprramcists (the fact that this questionw as even asked is laughable and another case of the media pushing agendas. Anyone that still thinks trump supports racism needs to look in the mirror. But then again, most of the debate was over fake news) but is Biden going to denounce antifa? Because they are a much bigger problem in this country than the Proud Boys

Can you list the racist events they have participated in?

They have historically shown up to events where violence is already happening...often throwing flames on the fire. From what I've seen, they are not the first to throw the punch....but that last.

The whole point of Trump's response to the question was to say sure I'll denounce white suprramcists (the fact that this questionw as even asked is laughable and another case of the media pushing agendas. Anyone that still thinks trump supports racism needs to look in the mirror. But then again, most of the debate was over fake news) but is Biden going to denounce antifa? Because they are a much bigger problem in this country than the Proud Boys

Why don't you list them? The links are right there in the paragraph.

It's laughable that you think "antifa" (a loosely affiliated group of rich kids playing dressup) is more of a problem than a white supremacist group of violent incels.

I cannot BELIEVE that someone is arguing that the freaking Proud Boys are not really racists. It's mind-boggling. Anything to excuse Dear Leader I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back