Current Events Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd never heard of the emolument clause before 2016, partisan hack. Go and reread it instead of diarrheaing lib talking points without understanding them

For someone who wants the politics threads nuked, you can't help but come into them and blast out your condescending tripe. It's weird. I don't mind, it gives me something to laugh about, but it's still weird.

No, she gave some of the questions.

But lets act like it isn't a big advantage lol and downplay it.

If Trump wound up with some questions that would be asked for the debate, you guys would lose your ****

I would love to see Trump give his opinion on what questions would be asked.

For someone who wants the politics threads nuked, you can't help but come into them and blast out your condescending tripe. It's weird. I don't mind, it gives me something to laugh about, but it's still weird.

Maybe he wants it nuked because he knows he can't control himself... Not because he is worried about other people discussing it.

By the way, every time a foreigner checks into a room at Mar-a-lago it causes Trump to violate the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the Constitution since he refused to relinquish control of all his businesses and ventures when he became president.

Maybe he wants it nuked because he knows he can't control himself... Not because he is worried about other people discussing it.

Maybe, I guess it takes a certain amount of willpower. I can just picture him. "Must... not.... COMMENT! Oh no, I CAN'T HELP IT! STEVE SAID SOMETHING I DISAGREE WITH AND I CAN'T LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT AGAIN!"

:ez-roll:

You guys watching the debate tonight?

If so:

What are you looking for?
What will you be eating?
What will you be drinking?
What are you hoping happens?

If so:

What will you be eating?

I'll watch it after the kids are in bed.

I'm looking for entertainment honestly. A coworker printed out a bingo card for it

Whatever the wife makes...or leftovers.

I might have to bust out the Lagavulin 16

I hope that Trump actually shows restraint (lol) and doesn't provide any soundclips that will be taken out of context. And I hope that Biden looks like a fool

I'll watch it after the kids are in bed.

I'm looking for entertainment honestly. A coworker printed out a bingo card for it

Whatever the wife makes...or leftovers.

I might have to bust out the Lagavulin 16

I hope that Trump actually shows restraint (lol) and doesn't provide any soundclips that will be taken out of context. And I hope that Biden looks like a fool

Lagavulin 16 is a great choice. I love it. Really good stuff.

Lagavulin 16 is a great choice. I love it. Really good stuff.

Never had it... I will have to check that out.

I currently have Wild Turkey Russells Reserve 10... and I have a Pike Creek Canadian whisky.

If so:

What will you be eating?

I’m recording it.
Already ate.
Mexican mules.
Biden does well & Trump remains civil enough for an actual debate to happen.

I don't have much desire to watch it, but probably will just to see how bad Biden looks. I know who I'm voting for. I know what Trump is going to be like. Not much reason for me to watch except entertainment.

I feel for Chris Wallace...having to deal with these two clowns...think we’re screwed no matter who wins.

Might be related to other events/issues, but the Dow futures have doubled since the debate began.

I feel for Chris Wallace...having to deal with these two clowns...think we’re screwed no matter who wins.

Yep, I didn't last 10 minutes. And to think there are people out there who actually trust politicians to help fix their lives.....it's insanity.

Outside of some preferences I have on certain policies, it really doesn't matter who is in the white house, you and only you control your house.....and there are more than a few sheep who need to wake up to that reality.

Can’t say I disagree with you, WF! I watched the entire debate, but it wasn’t easy. Disgusting is a word I would use to describe what I saw.

Yep, I didn't last 10 minutes. And to think there are people out there who actually trust politicians to help fix their lives.....it's insanity.

Outside of some preferences I have on certain policies, it really doesn't matter who is in the white house, you and only you control your house.....and there are more than a few sheep who need to wake up to that reality.

Too many people envision a character riding into town on a white horse that will change everything for the better and it's all just an illusion.

Seemed to me that Wallace and Biden ganged upon trump in the second half.
Half the talking points were simply items specific to trump instead of the country.

And did I hear Biden say that 1 in 1000 black people have died from covid and if trump is re-elected it will be 1 in 500?

Wallace is as a joke and was helping Biden out. He’s not impartial at all. Both candidates looked like a **** show. What a disaster. We’re all losers.

What a waste of time. Nobody will be swayed either way. This debate didn’t change anyone’s mind or offer any info on the candidates position on the issues.

The American people deserve better than this.

I’d challenge anyone to look deeply into green energy. It isn’t green. It is destructive.

I’ll just say that Biden is out of this element on energy. Green energy isn’t green. Watch Michael Moore’s (of all people)documentary.

And also, the more energy that is available is directly related to poverty level. If we want to help the worlds poorest countries, the answer is helping them develop energy infrastructure. You aren’t doing that with “green” energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back