Daniel Orton and Xavier Henry not playing Faith 7

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Thanx for big leagueing the state boys and not playing the measly OU vs. TX game. Geesh! I'm glad Kevin Bookout, Blake Griffin, and WW weren't too big for the game, despite two of them being McDonalds All Americans!!!! This year's game includes Reger McDowell, TMG, Roger Franklin, Kyle Hardrick, Lane Adams, Bryson Pope, Matt Qualls, and Tyrus McGee.

As late as Thursday, former Bishop McGuinness forward Daniel Orton expected to come back to Oklahoma to play in the Faith 7 game at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee on June 6. But, at the request of the Kentucky coaching staff, the Kentucky signee won’t represent Oklahoma in the game.

"I’m a little disappointed,” Orton said. "But my coaches don’t want me to miss any school.”

Orton, who has been in Lexington and participating in summer school since May 13, was the headliner of a Oklahoma roster which includes Red Oak’s Lane Adams and Stringtown’s Tyrus McGee.

Oklahoma State signees Reger Dowell and Roger Franklin of Duncanville join Oklahoma signee Tommy Mason-Griffin of Houston Madison on the Team Texas roster.

Thanx for big leagueing the state boys and not playing the measly OU vs. TX game. Geesh! I'm glad Kevin Bookout, Blake Griffin, and WW weren't too big for the game, despite two of them being McDonalds All Americans!!!! This year's game includes Reger McDowell, TMG, Roger Franklin, Kyle Hardrick, Lane Adams, Bryson Pope, Matt Qualls, and Tyrus McGee.

The three who chose to play in the Faith 7 game were OU commits; the other two weren't interested in a state school. Enough said.

It's good to see the Sooners and Pokes will be well represented on both teams. Here's hoping Kyle and TMG have a great game! :woot

Probably Carl Henry's anti-Oklahoma influence on at least one of them.

orton said he was disappointed and the coaches told him not to play. xavier, on the the other hand, probably thought he was too cool.

When has Cal cared about academics? Just have somebody else take Orton's class for him.

LOL. It's funny that it was totally ignored what Orton said that his coaches told him they didn't want him to play. Add to that the fact that no one here knows why Henry isn't playing. The sour grapes is hilarious.

Well, Orton might get a pass, but Henry is a bonafide biznitch.

Why do you feel the need to defend Carl Henry? He reads this board.

I feel no need to defend Carl Henry at all. If you want to talk about Carl Henry that's fine with me but you seem to feel the need to make things up about an 18 year old kid and trash him on the internet which I find comical and sad at the same time.

I feel no need to defend Carl Henry at all. If you want to talk about Carl Henry that's fine with me but you seem to feel the need to make things up about an 18 year old kid and trash him on the internet which I find comical and sad at the same time.

good lord. you are on an ou message board. go cry somewhere else.

Everybody in Oklahoma just talks crap on both of them so why would they play?

good lord. you are on an ou message board. go cry somewhere else.

Who's crying? Certainly not me, you can take that flyby posting junk to another thread. Notice I didn't just take up for Henry but for Orton too. I'm from OK and I think it's dumb that people treat OK kids badly just because they go out of state.

Back