Dave Armstrong, Reid Gettys, Doug Bell, Chris Piper, Paul Splittorf, etc

thebigabd

Reaction score
How long have these guys been the Big 12 crew?

Is there anything better than OU vs. Any Big 12 Opponent at 11:00am or 12:00 noon on saturday with these guys on the call?

Agreed.

Those guys' names/voices always remind me of a chilly Saturday afternoon in the winter settling in and watching some Big 12/8 basketball.

Love it.

:clap

Doug Bell may be the worst studio host ever born. Reminds me of Boom Goes The Dynamite Kid all grown own. He is The Man though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1yO7PaeYEw[/ame]

Fred White was the best "the fraishman" "Oh my!"

We used to joke that "Studio 66" looked like it was being broadcast out of Doug Bell's mom's garage.

I love this thread. A crew this great deserves its own topic.

Sudden thought: this crew is a Charlie Spoonhour away from hall of fame status

One of the better thread's since this sites inception. When I moved "back" (long story) to Oklahoma 5 years ago I wondered who these clowns were. Now, I can't live without them.

Love em. Reid is the least liked by me. Always like when they put a greenie in there every once in a while.

Doug_Bell.jpg

'Nuff said.

It doesn't get any better than when Pipes is in studio with Doug Bell previewing the days games. The cohesion between the two reminds me of a pass connection from Eric Moore to JaJuan Penny back in the day.

Agreed.

Those guys' names/voices always remind me of a chilly Saturday afternoon in the winter settling in and watching some Big 12/8 basketball.

Love it.

:clap

That will be this saturday for me. I am gonna go grab something to eat, come back, get in my shorts and t-shirt, and sit on the couch all day watching hoops.

We used to joke that "Studio 66" looked like it was being broadcast out of Doug Bell's mom's garage.

LOL.

By the way, aren't they producing some of the Big 12 network games in HD this year?

Can't wait to see "Studio 66" in glorious 1080p. ;)

If they are upgrading, it will be too bad... another thing that's always been funny in a "how quaint" kind of way is the horrible production quality of the Saturday afternoon games.

The production quality ranks somewhere in between the Zapruter film and something from ABC's Wide World of Sports circa 1982.

LOL.

By the way, aren't they producing some of the Big 12 network games in HD this year?

Can't wait to see "Studio 66" in glorious 1080p. ;)

If they are upgrading, it will be too bad... another thing that's always been funny in a "how quaint" kind of way is the horrible production quality of the Saturday afternoon games.

The production quality ranks somewhere in between the Zapruter film and something from ABC's Wide World of Sports circa 1982.

Can't wait to see what surprises Studio 66 has in store for us this season. A couple of years ago they added the "Fan Email" segment and Doug Bell actually had a laptop sitting in front of him on the set. Very innovative. HD would be a pleasant surprise though.

Can't wait to see what surprises Studio 66 has in store for us this season. A couple of years ago they added the "Fan Email" segment and Doug Bell actually had a laptop sitting in front of him on the set. Very innovative. HD would be a pleasant surprise though.

I remember watching Leroy Combs and Waymon Tisdale on the old Raycom telecasts on channel 34 in OKC...Great memories.

I don't get to see much Big 12 basketball in Nuevo Mexico, but I'm still adjusting to not seeing Jay Randolph and Gary Thompson (the old Big 8 duo) anymore. But, that just shows what a geezer I am.... :)

Some really tremendous stuff in this thread guys.

I think one of my favorite calls is "Ohhh son!" from Reid Gettys. Also who can forget DAve Armstrong's "Minor..WOW!"

Back