**********OU-Texas A&M Game Thread**********

Today's game was probably the worst run basketball event I've ever been to. I assume it's the OKC All Sports Association that is in charge, but they completely dropped the ball.

Obviously, attendance was low, but that doesn't excuse how poorly run this event was. Should have known it was going to be horrible when only Christmas music was played during the ENTIRE shoot around. The singer's mic during the national anthem kept cutting out. Then, after all the introductions there was a lengthy TV timeout until tip-off... VERY lengthy, which is inexcusable enough. But to make it worse, during this lengthy timeout it was literally minutes of DEAD AIR. No music... no band... no announcements... just crushing silence.

The game announcer kept announcing players for the wrong teams throughout the game. Number 11 for A&M would score and he would announce it as Isiah Cousins... Every timeout was filled with very cheesy contests that were moderated by some matt foley dude that seemed like he was making it all up as he went along. At one point he announced that the winner of the contest won a free 12-month membership... Didn't mention of what... just that it was a free 12-month membership. lol

In my opinion the all sports association really mailed it in on this one... leading up to the event I was actually feeling bad that this tournament had declined so much... but, after witnessing it today, it doesn't appear that even the event organizers seem to care if it continues. If they do, then I can't fathom how they would find it acceptable to throw up such a horribly planned and executed event.

Other than all that, I was really happy with the OU win today. I honestly didn't expect a win, much less a pretty convincing one at that.

Today's game was probably the worst run basketball event I've ever been to. I assume it's the OKC All Sports Association that is in charge, but they completely dropped the ball.

Obviously, attendance was low, but that doesn't excuse how poorly run this event was. Should have known it was going to be horrible when only Christmas music was played during the ENTIRE shoot around. The singer's mic during the national anthem kept cutting out. Then, after all the introductions there was a lengthy TV timeout until tip-off... VERY lengthy, which is inexcusable enough. But to make it worse, during this lengthy timeout it was literally minutes of DEAD AIR. No music... no band... no announcements... just crushing silence.

The game announcer kept announcing players for the wrong teams throughout the game. Number 11 for A&M would score and he would announce it as Isiah Cousins... Every timeout was filled with very cheesy contests that were moderated by some matt foley dude that seemed like he was making it all up as he went along. At one point he announced that the winner of the contest won a free 12-month membership... Didn't mention of what... just that it was a free 12-month membership. lol

In my opinion the all sports association really mailed it in on this one... leading up to the event I was actually feeling bad that this tournament had declined so much... but, after witnessing it today, it doesn't appear that even the event organizers seem to care if it continues. If they do, then I can't fathom how they would find it acceptable to throw up such a horribly planned and executed event.

Other than all that, I was really happy with the OU win today. I honestly didn't expect a win, much less a pretty convincing one at that.
The balloon race didn't get your blood pumping? Lol

It's sad that the All College Tournament has fallen thus far. There was a time when the best who have ever been met in Oklahoma City during the Christmas holidays. We saw the Bob Kurland's, Robert Parish's, and Slater Martins. We also saw the San Francisco team that won two national titles with Bill Russell and K.C.Jones, the building blocks of several Celtic titles. We saw the great Elgin Baylor of Seattle.

They regarded it as an honor to play in the nation's oldest tournament. I would love to field a team of All-Stars from this tournament. Pete Maravich, Bill Russell, K.C. Jones, Slater Martin, Elgin Baylor, Wayman Tisdale, Arnold Short. I might even throw in those stars of the OCU teams of the fifties under Abe Lemons who were always competitive. I wish there were a way to get that many good teams together again.

Back