Dave Armstrong, Reid Gettys, Doug Bell, Chris Piper, Paul Splittorf, etc

I think one of my favorite calls is "Ohhh son!" from Reid Gettys. Also who can forget DAve Armstrong's "Minor..WOW!"

Classic!

Anytime there is a big block or dunk Gettys does the "OHHH SON!", and Armstrong will also chime in with a "WOW!". Armstrong always tries to use players names to make some cheesy joke. I remember when Hollis Price was around he would also say "The Price is right!"...

Are any of these guys calling the Baylor game tomorrow?

Classic!

Anytime there is a big block or dunk Gettys does the "OHHH SON!", and Armstrong will also chime in with a "WOW!". Armstrong always tries to use players names to make some cheesy joke. I remember when Hollis Price was around he would also say "The Price is right!"...

:ez-laugh:

Good stuff...

Reid Gettys doin work....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mM336_tY8[/ame]

Classic!

Who was the guy last year who was obsessed with "Hilton Magic!" when we played there?

The Tech-OSU game gets flippin Chad McKee and Daniel Bobik...

McKee's awful! We'll see about Bobik.

My guide says we get Big 12 hoops from 12:30 to 9 straight through tomorrow night. Would love for that to be a season-long thing, although I'm not getting my hopes up. Also it looks like it's been re-branded from ESPN Plus to the "Big 12 Network."

Anyone know who is calling our game tomorrow?

Never mind, I see it is in the notes thread up above. Bob Carpenter, who I have a love/hate relationship with, and Rich Zvosec, who I am unfamiliar with but wikipedia tells me coached at UM-KC in the 2000s. Will be interesting to hear a new voice.

My guide says we get Big 12 hoops from 12:30 to 9 straight through tomorrow night. Would love for that to be a season-long thing, although I'm not getting my hopes up. Also it looks like it's been re-branded from ESPN Plus to the "Big 12 Network."

Anyone know who is calling our game tomorrow?

It was Big 12 Network last year, I have a banner to prove it.

Last edited:
I don't get to see much Big 12 basketball in Nuevo Mexico, but I'm still adjusting to not seeing Jay Randolph and Gary Thompson (the old Big 8 duo) anymore. But, that just shows what a geezer I am.... :)

Gary Thompson was greatness. Jay Randolph, on the other hand, well, he referred to Wayman as "Wayman Teasdale". :ez-laugh:

Bill Teegins was up for the Studio 66 host job at one point. I think it was when Doug Bell got it instead. Saw Doug Bell in the airport one time and we struck up a conversation. He's a pretty cool guy.

So I heard my first "WOW!!!!!!" of the season today during the A&M/Nebraska game... it felt good.... it felt real good....

:)

Back