Dayton Forsythe looks LEGIT

It's not all that unlike when Phipps scored 42 for BTW and people turned him into something he never was.

Remind me where he is playing now?
I remember that. Definitely thought Phipps was gonna be better. That’s why I’m not expecting anything from Forsythe

It's not all that unlike when Phipps scored 42 for BTW and people turned him into something he never was.

Remind me where he is playing now?
So forsythe = phipps bc phipps scored 42 in a high school game once? I don't understand the comparison. Did phipps dunk on people in the game like that forsyth video?

So forsythe = phipps bc phipps scored 42 in a high school game once? I don't understand the comparison. Did phipps dunk on people in the game like that forsyth video?
YOU didn't mention dunking. You mentioned Forsythe scoring a bunch of points. You saying Trey Phipps can't dunk?

YOU didn't mention dunking. You mentioned Forsythe scoring a bunch of points. You saying Trey Phipps can't dunk?
Yeah.. im saying phipps looked like a nice high school star that was never going to play at ou. Forsythe might never play either at OU who knows, but he at least has some athleticism

Yeah.. im saying phipps looked like a nice high school star that was never going to play at ou. Forsythe might never play either at OU who knows, but he at least has some athleticism
Phipps was a shooter. That’s it. I was afraid that was all we were getting with Forsythe, but the video posted above has me optimistic about his overall package. The proof will be in the pudding, but my untrained eye tells me maybe there’s more there than I expected.

Quote the out of touch posts in this thread. I couldn't find any.

Why are you so obsessed with crapping on any semi-positive posts/threads about anything? You'd rather there not be this very thread posting video of an OU recruit? And thoughts about the video? Thats such a weird stance for an OU BASKETBALL MESSAGEBOARD..

It would be 1 thing if it were posts about Lazenby. But i bet that guy never dropped 55 points EVER.

I'm sure you're making big forsythe fans on the board so they can take a huge crap on you in every future post if things dont go the way you're predicting (i know I'm trending that way..).
I think I’ve been wrong about two things regarding this program in the last two-plus years (Waldo and Moore). Meanwhile, the sunshine pumpers have been wrong about virtually everything else. So if people want to “take a crap on me,” it makes me wonder what I should be doing to them.

I think I’ve been wrong about two things regarding this program in the last two-plus years (Waldo and Moore). Meanwhile, the sunshine pumpers have been wrong about virtually everything else. So if people want to “take a crap on me,” it makes me wonder what I should be doing to them.
I notice you did not cite any kool aid posts from this thread. Interesting.

I notice you did not cite any kool aid posts from this thread. Interesting.
We have people saying he looks like Trae Young, is "blowing up" nationally, and will start as a freshman. I guess comparing him to a guy who led the nation in scoring and assists as a freshman, and who has been an NBA All Star, isn't at all hyperbolic for a 3-star recruit who didn't have many offers from high level P5 programs.

We have people saying he looks like Trae Young, is "blowing up" nationally, and will start as a freshman. I guess comparing him to a guy who led the nation in scoring and assists as a freshman, and who has been an NBA All Star, isn't at all hyperbolic for a 3-star recruit who didn't have many offers from high level P5 programs.
stop being dishonest. Just take the L. You look ridiculous.

Looking like Trae Young out there against D1 talent lol are we sure he can’t make a big impact in year 1?

He's blowing up right now. Just ballin out on the national circuit.

He’s going to start games next year. More convinced than ever at how good this kid is seeing his ability to compete against D1 size and athleticism.

Here are the quotes that are ridiculous according to WS.

The LOL in rickjames comment makes it pretty obvious it was tongue in cheek to any sensible person

He was blowing up on social media

And we have one prediction that he will start SOME games next year.

Man HOW ABSURD!!! our fans are

stop being dishonest. Just take the L. You look ridiculous.
The first post in the thread compares him to TY. Every single word in my post is accurate. Meanwhile, you look exactly like what you are -- someone who contributes nothing yourself, but just replies to every post of mine, WT, and steverocks35 that you disagree with.

Yup, we all think he's going to be the next Trae Young. Anything less than that and you can run a victory lap and call us all morons.

Yup, we all think he's going to be the next Trae Young. Anything less than that and you can run a victory lap and call us all morons.
Maybe he will be slightly less that Trae but will be as good as another pet player to many of you. After all, we heard all about the wonderful floor spacing that Luke would provide as another unheralded recruit.

Man HOW ABSURD!!! our fans are
I mean, to be fair, our fans do this every year. Just look back recently.

Some had the German kid starting as a freshman.
We were told about Keita's upside.
Quite a few thought Cortes would be better than he ever was.
What were they saying about Cooper before last year?

It's absurd. And honestly, as frequently as it happens, it's an indicator of the basketball IQ present on this board.

It's absurd. And honestly, as frequently as it happens, it's an indicator of the basketball IQ present on this board.
It’s absurd that some use posters quoting tweets to give an update on recruits as their actual opinion. Or take 1 or 2 posts and contribute that to “the boards” opinion on players.

I think just about everyone is hesitant over foreign players since Matt Freeman.

It’s absurd that some use posters quoting tweets to give an update on recruits as their actual opinion. Or take 1 or 2 posts and contribute that to “the boards” opinion on players.
I didn't do either of those two things.

I think just about everyone is hesitant over foreign players since Matt Freeman.
That isn't what happened here. Look at the title of this thread -- it wasn't quoting a tweet or giving an update. It was clearly an opinion about the player. It is very clear that a lot of people have pretty high expectations for him and think he will be much better than his recruiting rankings suggest. They are more than entitled to that opinion. So why is it wrong, on a thread where people are discussing how good they think he will be, for me to take an opposing viewpoint? And before you join Sky in suggesting that I "always" take the negative view, let's remember that there is no one on this board who was a bigger proponent of Cooper than I was. If/when we sign a high school kid who I think has real potential to be a difference maker, I say so. I just can't get too excited about a small-town recruit who hasn't generated much buzz beyond OU fans and beat writers. If I start seeing any credible, national writers talk about him, I will take notice.

lol so ridiculous that fans on a message board give opinions and be optomistic

But congrats again on applying a few opinions to the board as a whole

That isn't what happened here. Look at the title of this thread -- it wasn't quoting a tweet or giving an update. It was clearly an opinion about the player. It is very clear that a lot of people have pretty high expectations for him and think he will be much better than his recruiting rankings suggest. They are more than entitled to that opinion. So why is it wrong, on a thread where people are discussing how good they think he will be, for me to take an opposing viewpoint? And before you join Sky in suggesting that I "always" take the negative view, let's remember that there is no one on this board who was a bigger proponent of Cooper than I was. If/when we sign a high school kid who I think has real potential to be a difference maker, I say so. I just can't get too excited about a small-town recruit who hasn't generated much buzz beyond OU fans and beat writers. If I start seeing any credible, national writers talk about him, I will take notice.
You really suck at comprehension

Again, directly quote the posts you are talking about.

You really think the OP was comparing him to TY? Lol

You really suck at comprehension

Again, directly quote the posts you are talking about.

You really think the OP was comparing him to TY? Lol
Yes, I think when a post directly compares Forsythe to Trae, that person is, in fact, comparing Forsythe to Trae, especially when he follows up by strongly implying that he expects him to make a "big impact" in year one. I'm not saying that he predicted him to lead the nation in scoring or assists, but he very clearly is suggesting that he has the ability to be a dynamic and impactful player as a freshman.

Back