Discuss Porter Moser thread DON'T DO IT ANYWHERE ELSE

You are right. These players that he is bringing in are average at best. Hope they work out great

It would appear that the players are certainly better than average but probably not elite.

My concern is that so many players who got and would have got playing time left and assistants leaving as well. Not a lot of evidence of everything is ok.

as for NIL, my son is in favor of paying the players because he said that there are so many demands on the players that they have no opportunity to earn money. I can buy into that but what would be wrong for the NCAA to set a maximum that a player can get.

It would appear that the players are certainly better than average but probably not elite.

My concern is that so many players who got and would have got playing time left and assistants leaving as well. Not a lot of evidence of everything is ok.

as for NIL, my son is in favor of paying the players because he said that there are so many demands on the players that they have no opportunity to earn money. I can buy into that but what would be wrong for the NCAA to set a maximum that a player can get.

the assistants leaving is not a real thing ..

1 guy so far has departed under weird circumstances (matt brady)

who we still don't understand ..

KT turner got a raise and went to Kentucky (and is now a HC)

everyone else either left to become a HC or left to be an actual Basketball coach and not a support staff guy ..

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/1652058810800910336?s=20[/TWEET]

Players dictated the pace last year. Athletically-challenged team so we had to limit possessions and slow it down. Gave us a shot to win even though it was painful to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/1652058810800910336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1652058810800910336%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Players dictated the pace last year. Athletically-challenged team so we had to limit possessions and slow it down. Gave us a shot to win even though it was painful to watch.

Except our best games were when we actually did look to run when the chance was there. Los and Cortes and Oweh are all guys who can play fast and in the open floor. Moser has NEVER shown a true willingness to push pace. He said in the fall that we would run more last year and it was all talk. I have a very hard time believing that he will be willing to loosen his death grip on the offense to allow his athletes to play free.

Except our best games were when we actually did look to run when the chance was there. Los and Cortes and Oweh are all guys who can play fast and in the open floor. Moser has NEVER shown a true willingness to push pace. He said in the fall that we would run more last year and it was all talk. I have a very hard time believing that he will be willing to loosen his death grip on the offense to allow his athletes to play free.

I agree. I also believe you should always play faster (but not out of control) when your opponent has better athletes. We were often in trouble when we tried to play a half court offense against teams like Okie St. We were much more effective when we got transition buckets before they could get their D set. Unfortunately, we got away from that because it apparently violated our principles.

I am all for setting up your half court O when you don’t have numbers but I would sure like us to try harder to get the easier transition looks when they are available. If we had a dominant big I might feel differently. Bottom line, you have to play the odds based on your players/talent and your opponent and it shouldn’t just be “this is what we do”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we will find out. This roster looks more athletic so far. Add Johnson and I would be very surprised if the pace doesn’t significantly pick up.

I guess we will find out. This roster looks more athletic so far. Add Johnson and I would be very surprised if the pace doesn’t significantly pick up.

I hope it does, but Moser doesn’t project fast pace.

Back