Discuss Porter Moser thread DON'T DO IT ANYWHERE ELSE

Lou Roselli (wrestling HC) was let go today after 7 years.

OU won’t give Moser that long of a leash due to hoops being a revenue sport, but this is how the current admin works. When they deem it time to move on, there really isn’t any doubt that the current regime is not the answer for ou. Moser seat is warm but I don’t see the admin making a move until after year 4.

Lou Roselli (wrestling HC) was let go today after 7 years.

OU won’t give Moser that long of a leash due to hoops being a revenue sport, but this is how the current admin works. When they deem it time to move on, there really isn’t any doubt that the current regime is not the answer for ou. Moser seat is warm but I don’t see the admin making a move until after year 4.

officially he resigned .. and basketball and wrestling are not comparable .

Well, now that pretty much every non-freshman has left the program, I would say it's time for Coach Moser to earn his salary. I just hope he has at least close to a level playing field regarding NIL.

Re: MBB TPT2 TRANSFER PORTAL THREAD 2

Yes, but it's a safe bet that KU will get higher-ranked players than OU will. When we are told, "Relax, it's happening everywhere," those doing the reassuring rarely acknowledge that so far working the portal hasn't been one of Moser's strengths. If and when that changes, the reaction from some fans when someone leaves likely will be very different (personally, I'll never be happy about the annual roster upheavals, but I suppose I'll get used to them over time).

Exactly. KU hasn't lost any key guys, and only a couple who were even in the rotation. They are bringing in four really good freshmen and will probably add a couple very highly rated transfers. By contrast, we have lost three starters plus three or four rotation guys the past two offseasons. Some may think it is good that some of these are leaving (I agree on some of them), but the fact is that Moser clearly didn't want to lose Hill, Mo, and Harkless. If you regularly lose guys you want to keep, it is not a good sign, especially when you haven't shown much of an ability to bring in high level portal talent. It's nice that we are mentioned as being in the running for some guys who would likely help. but finishing second (or third or fourth) on a recruit doesn't do any good. We have to close on players who will turn this ship around.

This x1000

At least attempt, in the thread meant to talk about portal players, to talk about portal players and save the Moser hate for the other thread.

You' guys would win the lottery and ***** that they took too much out in taxes

You might look back and see what post they were replying to. If others can talk about Moser in this thread, I'm not sure why they can't as well.

Exactly. KU hasn't lost any key guys, and only a couple who were even in the rotation. They are bringing in four really good freshmen and will probably add a couple very highly rated transfers. By contrast, we have lost three starters plus three or four rotation guys the past two offseasons. Some may think it is good that some of these are leaving (I agree on some of them), but the fact is that Moser clearly didn't want to lose Hill, Mo, and Harkless. If you regularly lose guys you want to keep, it is not a good sign, especially when you haven't shown much of an ability to bring in high level portal talent. It's nice that we are mentioned as being in the running for some guys who would likely help. but finishing second (or third or fourth) on a recruit doesn't do any good. We have to close on players who will turn this ship around.

Why do you complain and try to tear down EVERY SINGLE point? Can you simply accept the fact that the portal and NIL have changed college sports as you know it and that the way people have to adjust is changing?

MOST teams will have to replace some guys every year. Yes...we lost three starters...only ONE thar we thought may be coming back....and the were simply reserves on a below average team.

Look at it more as an opportunity to fix things than tearing things up. We have a CHANCE to upgrade every spot. The beauty of basketball is that 2 guys could make a TREMENDOUS difference. We have a chance to add several. Instead of whining about "Moser sucks.....he hasn't had success in the portal (which is not completely warranted) .....noone wants to come here.....why would anybody join this team" blah blah blah....take that **** to the other thread.

You might look back and see what post they were replying to. If others can talk about Moser in this thread, I'm not sure why they can't as well.

Again....you can't see past your misery.

Again....you can't see past your misery.

No, I'm making a point. If this thread is about transfers and transfers only, then don't expect posts lifting Moser up to not be met with posts criticizing him.

My misery in our currently crappy program has nothing to do with it.

No, I'm making a point. If this thread is about transfers and transfers only, then don't expect posts lifting Moser up to not be met with posts criticizing him.

My misery in our currently crappy program has nothing to do with it.

Discuss Porter Moser thread DON'T DO IT ANYWHERE ELSE

Was just coming to say something similar. If people are too clueless to see that Sky's comment (and mine) were in response to Coach's post about other teams also losing players, and noted that the comparison is apples to oranges based on who those teams are losing and replacing them with.

And Carolina -- your post isn't even accurate. The coaching staff didn't expect to lose Gibson and Harkless last year, nor Hill this year. More importantly, they didn't WANT to lose them.

I get it -- you used to coach so you take offense to any post questioning Moser, and will defend him at all costs. You can spin it as an opportunity to get better, and it would be great if that happens. But it would require blind faith at this point to think that'll happen.

Was just coming to say something similar. If people are too clueless to see that Sky's comment (and mine) were in response to Coach's post about other teams also losing players, and noted that the comparison is apples to oranges based on who those teams are losing and replacing them with.

And Carolina -- your post isn't even accurate. The coaching staff didn't expect to lose Gibson and Harkless last year, nor Hill this year. More importantly, they didn't WANT to lose them.

I get it -- you used to coach so you take offense to any post questioning Moser, and will defend him at all costs. You can spin it as an opportunity to get better, and it would be great if that happens. But it would require blind faith at this point to think that'll happen.

Wrong...I take offense to you cluelessly posting your opinions as facts. Everyone gets that you dislike Moser but at least try to use a grain of common sense. It gets old reading "the sky is falling" in every damn thread.

Some of your points are valid but some are so off base it's laughable. I'm not trying to defend Moser on every point....noone is perfect but some of the stuff you guys try to put on him is totally off base.

You don't even know what happened behind closed doors with Harkless and Gibson...but you lay the blame on PM...it has been stated Hill is a NIL issue. That isn't on PM. GS wants to go pro. How's that on PM?

MY POINT is simply can we TRY to use this thread to talk I about potential portal guys and not a thread to say how terrible Moser is every time a portal guy is brought up?

Wrong...I take offense to you cluelessly posting your opinions as facts. Everyone gets that you dislike Moser but at least try to use a grain of common sense. It gets old reading "the sky is falling" in every damn thread.

Some of your points are valid but some are so off base it's laughable. I'm not trying to defend Moser on every point....noone is perfect but some of the stuff you guys try to put on him is totally off base.

You don't even know what happened behind closed doors with Harkless and Gibson...but you lay the blame on PM...it has been stated Hill is a NIL issue. That isn't on PM. GS wants to go pro. How's that on PM?

MY POINT is simply can we TRY to use this thread to talk I about potential portal guys and not a thread to say how terrible Moser is every time a portal guy is brought up?

Great post NCSooner

facts

Well said.

Re: 2023-2024 Roster

Idk, if i'm a Moser target from the portal, i'd be hesitant to commit. So far his track record in Norman with transfers isn't good...actually his record in general isn't. It could be me being pessimistic right now, but idk that PM will be able to land any of the highly regarded players from the portal, and most likely will have to settle with those not getting as many offers as they'd like. Only time will tell!

I could not do that without mentioning Coach Moser

Yeah, that's kinda the point of this thread...for people that can't seem to talk about anything other than Moser. It's the same thing over and over. We understand where you stand, but occasionally we want to talk about something else.

Re: 2023-2024 Roster

Idk, if i'm a Moser target from the portal, i'd be hesitant to commit. So far his track record in Norman with transfers isn't good...actually his record in general isn't. It could be me being pessimistic right now, but idk that PM will be able to land any of the highly regarded players from the portal, and most likely will have to settle with those not getting as many offers as they'd like. Only time will tell!

We have a thread for take a dump on PM.

Yeah, that's kinda the point of this thread...for people that can't seem to talk about anything other than Moser. It's the same thing over and over. We understand where you stand, but occasionally we want to talk about something else.

exactly

Re: Portal Moser

He is getting guys that are wanted and needed. I don't play the hindsight game. If a team signs a top 5 class but they all turn out to be duds, that doesn't mean the coach isn't a good recruiter...it was still a top 5 class.

Porter has consistently brought in guys via the portal that were sought after and considered great gets. Its fine to criticize what he does with what he brings in, but I don't see how anyone can objectively be dissappointed in Porter's portal game

Consistently? Great gets? One site was very high on McCollum. Grant was a good get, I will certainly give him that one. Tanner had a couple decent offers. But you act as if he has pulled in a lot of guys who had offers from several top 25 programs, and that just isn't true.

And if a coach consistently gets highly rated players who don't turn out to be good, I guess it is fair to say he is a good recruiter/salesman, but not a good talent evaluator.

Back