Do we really have "no talent"?

I didn't slam Capel for playing Cade inside. Cade had to be on the court at all times and so did Clark, and Fitz, and a PG. Cade is not a 2 and Clark isn't physical enough, or wasn't last year to play the 4.

Maybe you didn't, but plenty did. I hope that we don't have to use Osby at the 4 or 5 much, because that means that we have a similar problem in the paint.

Maybe you didn't, but plenty did. I hope that we don't have to use Osby at the 4 or 5 much, because that means that we have a similar problem in the paint.

If Goff shows up combined with Honore, Fitz, Thompson, and Washington they can make the position respectable.

I remember when Tubbs left, and we didn't think Sampson would have a center and he made Mayden serviceable. The same with Capel and Longar. I am hoping Kruger can figure it out. That's why we are paying him the big bucks.

If Goff shows up combined with Honore, Fitz, Thompson, and Washington they can make the position respectable.

LMAO I'm sorry to pile on, but you can only play 5, just because we are deep with scrub bigs doesn't change the fact that individually each (besides Fitz) aren't fit to eat out of my diaper.

I remember when Tubbs left, and we didn't think Sampson would have a center and he made Mayden serviceable. The same with Capel and Longar. I am hoping Kruger can figure it out. That's why we are paying him the big bucks.

Yes. One of the many intriguing things to watch will be how LK uses the guys we have. We should see better coached players when it comes to defense and rebounding. It will be very interesting to see how the guys respond to better coaching.

:OUbball-logo:

Hope he doesn't get slammed for doing so. That is exactly why Cade had to play inside this yr, and many on here killed JC for it... Funny how one coach will play the best 5 and he is pathetic, another does so and the attitude is so be it.....

How did Cade play inside this year?

Was he asked to hit the boards from the guard position, maybe a little moreso than he should have been? Yea. But it isn't like he was out there with 3-4 smaller players on any kind of regular basis.

We need a center, but most college teams do, too. What we don't have that all good teams do have is a point guard. JMHO.

It's not a talentless roster. Last year they were all freshman/sophs. This year they're all sophs/juniors. This year we will be better. Year after that we should be very good.

Thats how it works. Joe C was smart to hire somebody at this time because whoever it is would be successful the next two years with all the upper classmen Capel left them with.

Of course all this is assuming nobody like Pledger or Fitzgerald decides to leave in the next week or two. Hopefully they won't.

How did Cade play inside this year?

Was he asked to hit the boards from the guard position, maybe a little moreso than he should have been? Yea. But it isn't like he was out there with 3-4 smaller players on any kind of regular basis.

Before you decided to rejoin this board, numerous posters were killing JC for playing Cade down low in our zone defenses. Often times he was blocking out and fighting 4's for rebounds. I think that you can say that he was asked to guard guys that he wouldn't have had to guard on many nights, because of our lack of size.

a scoring guard (like a kemba walker type) could do wonders for the team next year, of course finding one might be a different story

Looks like we will play small again unless we get a new C, but even then he would prolly be a stiff that we would be better off without. just my speculation.

a scoring guard (like a kemba walker type) could do wonders for the team next year, of course finding one might be a different story

Yep.

This team needs one of two things. Either a slight upgrade across the board (namely pg, post, and depth), or it needs a stud scoring guard. A guy like Hollis or Brewer.

I think every program would love a black mamba like Kemba!

Back