Does Cam make the All American Team?

jmill1200

Reaction score
I think he does, going off the espn rankings, seems like the top20 on their list end up AA. Cam is ranked #18 on that list. Seems as if this would be 4 straight seasons OU and Capel have landed an AA.

Did :kelvin ever land an AA in back to back seasons. Seems like the few that did come to OU ended up transferring out.

don't worry, we'll get barnes and jones as well. Make it a hat trick this year.

That would be unreal, if that happens, I'll be buying tickets to the final four next year. I won't miss OU's first Title.

I think he'll be an AA, he is one of if not the highest rated player in Texas according to most rankings, generally that will garner you a spot.

I mentioned this to Henzo a few weeks ago and he said that he thought it was unlikely. I think he is good enough to make the team, but apparently he just isn't well known enough.

As far as the Texas thing goes, Perry Jones is gonna get most of the Texas love this year.

I know I'm stupid for doing this, but why not project the guys we think might make the team? Here is my best guess...

East:

C: Jared Sullinger
C: Fab Melo
F: Tobias Harris
F: C.J. Leslie
F: Josh Hairston
W: Jelan Kendrick
W: Will Barton
W: Reggie Bullock
W: Doron Lamb
P: Brandon Knight
P: Kyrie Irving
P: Josh Selby

West:

C: Josh Smith
C: Perry Jones
F: Tristan Thompson
F: Terrence Jones
F: DeShaun Thomas
F: Patric Young
W: Harrison Barnes
W: Jereme Richmond
W: Justin Coleman
P: Joe Jackson
P: Kendall Marshall
P: Cory Joseph

That's the best I could come up with. It seems like the group of guys that would still have a shot would include Cam. There's still Cam Clark, Ray McCallum, Ryan Harrow, Adreian Payne, Roscoe Smith, Trey Zeigler, Phil Pressey, Dion Waters, Jordan McRae, and Dion Waters.

I'm sure I'm leaving some out or including too many...It's not like I really know how these selections are made or anything. Anyway, I'd think that Cam has a decent shot, with the main guys he's competing against being Justin Coleman, Doron Lamb, Jelan Kendrick and Jereme Richmond.

I can't remember for sure, but doesn't the Jordan Brand game take 30 guys? I would think Cam would make a 30 man team, but he looks to be right on the cut line for the 24-man McDonald's game roster.

I know I'm stupid for doing this, but why not project the guys we think might make the team? Here is my best guess...

East:

C: Jared Sullinger
C: Fab Melo
F: Tobias Harris
F: C.J. Leslie
F: Josh Hairston
W: Jelan Kendrick
W: Will Barton
W: Reggie Bullock
W: Doron Lamb
P: Brandon Knight
P: Kyrie Irving
P: Josh Selby

West:

C: Josh Smith
C: Perry Jones
F: Tristan Thompson
F: Terrence Jones
F: DeShaun Thomas
F: Patric Young
W: Harrison Barnes
W: Jereme Richmond
W: Justin Coleman
P: Joe Jackson
P: Kendall Marshall
P: Cory Joseph

That's the best I could come up with. It seems like the group of guys that would still have a shot would include Cam. There's still Cam Clark, Ray McCallum, Ryan Harrow, Adreian Payne, Roscoe Smith, Trey Zeigler, Phil Pressey, Dion Waters, Jordan McRae, and Dion Waters.

I'm sure I'm leaving some out or including too many...It's not like I really know how these selections are made or anything. Anyway, I'd think that Cam has a decent shot, with the main guys he's competing against being Justin Coleman, Doron Lamb, Jelan Kendrick and Jereme Richmond.

I can't remember for sure, but doesn't the Jordan Brand game take 30 guys? I would think Cam would make a 30 man team, but he looks to be right on the cut line for the 24-man McDonald's game roster.

There are numerous games, I think graduating seniors are limited to two sponsored AA games...not sure though.

You know, I didn't even think about the special rules the McDonald's game has. This may not be exactly right, but I'm pretty sure they don't choose guys that are either injured during their senior year or guys from prep schools. I'm not gonna go through and figure out how many of the guys listed above would be ruled out, but you'd have to think at least a couple of them would be. I dunno why I am even doing this...just a dork...

I think he does, going off the espn rankings, seems like the top20 on their list end up AA. Cam is ranked #18 on that list. Seems as if this would be 4 straight seasons OU and Capel have landed an AA.

Did :kelvin ever land an AA in back to back seasons. Seems like the few that did come to OU ended up transferring out.

Sampson's biggest high school recruits were (and this is almost in order) Bobby Joe Evans, Eduardo Najerra, Humphries (I think he was AA), Hollis Price, Bookout, Alexander, Drew Lavender (I think he was AA), McKensie Foust, Turner, Longar Longar, Scotty Reynolds (AA), Damion James, Tony Crocker, the guy from OKC that flunked out. Sampson did not have all that many 4 year players (I tried to name all the top 100 guys I could remember). I do not recall any years under Sampson with back to back AA high school recruits. I don't know the answer but I would guess he had Juco AA in back to back years more than once. I don't recall where J.R. Raymond was ranked. Ray Carruth was very highly regarded, transferred in after getting kicked off Kentucky (I think it was kentucky) and got kicked off the team before playing a game. I think Carruth was an AA but I would not count him because he was a transfer. Several of the Juco guys were pretty highly ranked in high school and probably would have been higher ranked but for grade problems.

If you look at OU recruiting it really improved after the new facilities were built. That coincided fairly closely with Sampson making the final four and having his string of Big XII Championships (he laid the foundation before the imrovements). Tubbs did not bring in high school players like Capel has. It is truly amazing what Capel is doing. (Tubbs did routinely bring in the best Jucos in the country and prep school was unusual back then).

Last edited:
Back