Does Taylor Griffin getting drafted and signing with the Suns...

thebigabd

Reaction score
Does Taylor Griffin getting drafted and signing with the Suns make it even more significant a loss? Of course, we all know losing Blake was is a big deal but I dont think Taylor was supposed to be a really big loss. He was a great role player, athlete, leader, etc but I personally never thought he would sign an NBA contract.

Now it looks like OU lost 3 starters with 2 NBA players.

Does it change your outlook on the season at all?

No. Why would it? TG was what he was at OU, and playing in the NBA, overseas, or not at all doesn't change that. We've lost better college players at OU that never made it to the NBA.

No. Why would it?

Well, he was practically a four year starter and is now playing in the NBA. But I never really thought of him as more than an average role player at OU.

Well, he was practically a four year starter and is now playing in the NBA. But I never really thought of him as more than an average role player at OU.

Because that is all he was at OU.

Hollis and Ace not making the NBA doesn't make them less affective during their OU days, and Taylor making an NBA roster doesn't make him more than a role player while at OU.

Taylor is a big loss, no matter how much people try to downplay his contributions. He was a strong leader, who could step up and make big plays on the rare occasions, when he was asked to. His leadership and rebounding will be sorely missed.

Does Taylor Griffin getting drafted and signing with the Suns make it even more significant a loss? Of course, we all know losing Blake was is a big deal but I dont think Taylor was supposed to be a really big loss. He was a great role player, athlete, leader, etc but I personally never thought he would sign an NBA contract.

Now it looks like OU lost 3 starters with 2 NBA players.

Does it change your outlook on the season at all?

what? why would him signing make it more significant of a loss?

Taylor Griffin was most definitely a loss. In fact, we've had many losses in just the last 5 years. Taj Grey was a loss; Bookout was a loss; TG was a loss; Blake was a MAMMOTH loss; Mike Neal was a loss of a sharpshooter; Everett was a loss; Godbold was a loss; Hell, Lavender and LMac were losses, as their absence left us dangerously short on guards.

Lots of teams lose valuable players. The best teams recruit new blood, get back up and march back to the fight.

I think OU is a team capable of doing just that.

Back