Does Willie even want to be out there?

They are out. They tried to go but just couldn't be even close to 100%.

It shouldn't matter what the fans think....

We all know it's not just the fans. It's radio, it's TV, it's newspaper, heck it's someone I know that's never watched a OU basketball game in her life. She enlightened me the other day that WW was a bad influence. No one could perform with all that background noise.

Have to love fans who bash players for trying to help their team despite not being 100%.

I give it up to WW for giving it a go tonight.

Just making an observation. Nobody is blaming this game on Willie. He had plenty of help tonight.

I know that WW and Crock are not 100 percent.

What about the other guys, were they hurt as well?

I really wish Willie hadn't played. I put as much blame on Capel as Willie for his performance. He not only hurt us by not being able to score but not being able to play defense hurt us as well.

Crocker was rusty, but seemed good to go. Willie hurt us.

I really wish Willie hadn't played. I put as much blame on Capel as Willie for his performance. He not only hurt us by not being able to score but not being able to play defense hurt us as well.

+1

Yep, Willie did nothing out there. Why did he play?

I'm sure he felt some pressure to get out there and help his team win. I will not fault Willie for playing, but he should have been taken out of there as soon as everyone realized that he couldn't be effective on either end.

If someone watched the game, would they mind telling me how injured Willie looked?

Judging by his stat line it looks like he was either too hurt to contribute or was entirely disinterested.

If someone watched the game, would they mind telling me how injured Willie looked?

Judging by his stat line it looks like he was either too hurt to contribute or was entirely disinterested.

He was clearly hobbled. Didn't have that first step from the top of the key that he needed to do his usually dribble drives.

He was clearly hobbled. Didn't have that first step from the top of the key that he needed to do his usually dribble drives.

Thanks for the info. Maybe this full week of rest can actually get him into playing shape for Saturday. Capel playing him is puzzling if he was that ineffective from an athletic standpoint.

Thanks for the info. Maybe this full week of rest can actually get him into playing shape for Saturday. Capel playing him is puzzling if he was that ineffective from an athletic standpoint.

I hope he can rest up and get completely healed. We are going to need him to be a scorer against Texas.

He was hurt and shouldn't have even been suited up. I'm sure he did feel pressure to play but that's where as a coach or the training staff has to step in and shut him down.

He was hurt and shouldn't have even been suited up. I'm sure he did feel pressure to play but that's where as a coach or the training staff has to step in and shut him down.

Agreed. Definitely perplexed about that.

I am sure that Willie and Crock pushed Capel to play. Reality is the team has more chemistry without them right now. If they can't physically play 100% then lets get some other guys some experience. That is what this season is about - getting experience.

Back