Don't pencil in Tulsa just yet abd.

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
The top three recruits left on the board have Memphis in their top two. Lance Stephenson, the 11th ranked recruit, Latavious Williams the 17th ranked guy, and Eric Bledsoe the 23rd ranked PG could all be wearing a Memphis Jersey. Now in reality, I think they probably get two if three with Stephenson going to Arizona, but if they do get those guys they'll have a top ten recruiting class which is better than everyone in the Big 12 outside of KU, UT, and OU. Also they still have Taggert, Mack, Witherspoon, and Sallie coming back and have kept Will Coleman the 6'9 Juco kid. They'll still be the most talented team in Conference USA.

Even if they sign those guys, Tulsa still has a chance to win the C-USA Tournament at the BOK Center in Tulsa. They won't be nearly as good as they were going to be.

Even if they sign those guys, Tulsa still has a chance to win the C-USA Tournament at the BOK Center in Tulsa. They won't be nearly as good as they were going to be.

Next year Tulsa could get an outright bid. UAB won't be as good and if they can atleast split with Memphis that will put them in good shape. Tulsa needs a non conference schedule that can match them up with a big conference tourney team that they can beat. Texas A&M was a good win last year for them, but they probably needed 2 to be in the bubble conversation.

Decision time for Bledsoe is coming up and it's believed that he'll probably pick Memphis because Wall is a heavy UK lean now. Latavious Williams is pretty much a Memphis lock, but eligibility will be his issue. Lance Stephenson is deciding between Memphis and Arizona. Arizona just signed a 6'6 wing so I don't know how that will affect Stephenson who seems to be nowhere close to committing. If they land these three guys, it would have the same affect as a fab five in a poor conference USA in my opinion. I still think Tulsa can compete with that, partly because Memphis's coach is a coaching midget, but they'll still be the most talented team top to bottom.

Back