Doron Lamb (2010) SG

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Update from zagsblog. Looks like he is pretty high on UK coming off the visit but he is still listing us....

New York native Doron Lamb says Kentucky is his leader, which is good news for the Wildcats.

The 6-foot-4, 175-pound Lamb told Jeff Goodman of FoxSports.com that he’s “still open”, but that Kentucky “is at the top.”

He recently took an unofficial to Lexington.

“It was a great experience,” Lamb, the No. 5 point guard in the Class of 2010, said at the Paul Pierce Skills Academy in Boston. “The fans go crazy. I hung out with the coaching staff, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins, and got to see the practice facility.”

Lamb has also visited Louisville and told Jeff he’s also considering Kansas, Oklahoma, Marquette and UConn.

Does Marquette offer every recruit in the nation?

Even though Lamb seems like a long shot along with Barnes I do enjoy seeing the OU name being mentioned across the country with big name recruits. I think this speaks volumes of Capel's ability to connect with them and recruit across the country. This can only lead to great things in the feature as long as Capel is at OU.

Clark is a better player. That is a good tradeoff for us.

both are wings. The wing position is the same. Lamb aint playin PG for anyone and Clark is the better prospect and shooter.

both are wings. The wing position is the same. Lamb aint playin PG for anyone and Clark is the better prospect and shooter.

Your correct Lamb is nothing close to a pg he plays SG but he is more of a slasher than a shooter. His jump shot isn't great from range right now and his motion starts with the ball way to low and takes to long, it won't transfer well to high D1 hoops IMO. He is very crafty and skilled at getting into the lane and can finish in a variety of ways and with either hand but he is rail thin and may have a tough time with the physicality of BCS conferences when going to the hoop. He also isn't really an explosive athlete from what I've seen, the kid has some skills but needs to get stronger and totally rework his jump shot. Lville had him wrapped up and basically passed after seeing more and more of the kid. Then he said Syracuse was his dream school and we got involved breifly, never offered and pulled off. I think the worry is that he is a great High School player but his game may not transfer well to college.

Your correct Lamb is nothing close to a pg he plays SG but he is more of a slasher than a shooter. His jump shot isn't great from range right now and his motion starts with the ball way to low and takes to long, it won't transfer well to high D1 hoops IMO. He is very crafty and skilled at getting into the lane and can finish in a variety of ways and with either hand but he is rail thin and may have a tough time with the physicality of BCS conferences when going to the hoop. He also isn't really an explosive athlete from what I've seen, the kid has some skills but needs to get stronger and totally rework his jump shot. Lville had him wrapped up and basically passed after seeing more and more of the kid. Then he said Syracuse was his dream school and we got involved breifly, never offered and pulled off. I think the worry is that he is a great High School player but his game may not transfer well to college.

Interesting. Thanks for thje info. UK fans are acting like he is the second coming on the national boards.

Interesting. Thanks for thje info. UK fans are acting like he is the second coming on the national boards.

I don't want to mislead you, the kid has some skills and tallent but he is really a 2/3 tweener without the outside shot to be a 2 and without the size to be a 3. Probably the best part of his game is his oldschool craftyness with flip shots and floaters in the lane and on the move and he does have a good handles. If we didn't have Dion Waiters coming in next year we may have persued him. My person knock on the kid is that he really hasn't seemed to improve his game since he became a bigtime recruit and he has been well known on the east coast for 2.5 years now. He has a chance to be a very good player but I think he will have an adjustment period and strugle to really contribute as a freshman.

In a rivals update today, he mentioned OU again as one of his final teams. Maybe we have a better shot than I thought? I wonder if he has a good relationship with Tiny or not...

Wow, Capel doing work so far with this kid.

Back