Evan Daniels on Capel

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Regarding Capel's recruitment of Barnes:

Our sleeper team in all of this is Jeff Capel’s Oklahoma squad. He’s quietly building a monster of a program in Norman (Okla.), and he’s developed a strong relationship with Barnes and his family.

What a GREAT time to be an OU basketball fan.

Regarding Capel's recruitment of Barnes:

What a GREAT time to be an OU basketball fan.

Yes, it is! Coach Capel has accomplished more in recruiting in three seasons than I ever dreamed possible. I can't wait to see what the next few years will bring.

This is how it all starts isn't it? A couple of great recruiting classes and a couple of great seasons mixed in with a great coach. This is how championship teams are built and maintained.

I made a comment the other day about THE MAN Coach Capel. This guy may be the best recruiter in the Country?? I just hope they break out the check book in Norman. Capel is flat out getting it done and quickly too!

I love hearing that from a nation wide guy as big as Daniels, makes me feel just a little bit better about our slight chances with Barnes.

Capel recruits in basketball at the level OU recruits in football. It is just unbelievable. In the past the best players were almost always from Oklahoma or juco transfers. Now OU is getting big time kids from around the country.

Back