Final RSCI rankings 2009

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
This is the best ranking system for recruiting on the internet because it is an average of all the sites that we like to keep up with (like Rivals, Scout, and ESPN).

Good to see Tiny (#10), TMG (#30), and Fitzgerald (#81) making the list. TMG finished over 20 spots ahead of Ray Penn so I think we can finally put that nonsense to bed.

It is fun to look back on the old RSCI rankings and see how good/bad guys have ended up in the college and pros.

Oklahoma finished 7th in the final team rankings! What a wonderful recruiting haul by Capel and company. :clap

Oklahoma (182 pts)
#10 Keith Gallon
#30 Tommy Mason-Griffin
#81 Andrew Fitzgerald
Steven Pledger
Kyle Hardrick
Gallon is the star that leads this deep class that is sure to put Jeff Capel in the win column on a regular basis in the land of the Sooners.

im so excited to see Fitz.. i really look forward to see how game ready him and pledger are

TMG finished over 20 spots ahead of Ray Penn so I think we can finally put that nonsense to bed.

Actually we have four years before that can be put to rest.

Absolutely. Rankings don't really tell the whole story. I think it speaks highly of Penn that he's #51. That being said TMG will be better. No doubt. :)
Also interesting that Lance Stephenson is still #8. Guess he's not a stiff after all.

I don't think it is his Greg Ostertag/Cole Aldrich type stiffness that is keeping him from being signed right there, just going out on a limb though.

I am refering to which one is the overall higher ranked player.....I think it goes without saying that we won't know how good any of these guys really are until they have played college ball. Sorry if I was unclear.

I would like to once again point out what a great class Coach Capel has signed! It just puts a huge smile on my face. Who would of thought that we could ever get a top 10 player not from Oklahoma or Texas to play ball at OU? Unreal! :jcapel

Who would of thought that we could ever get a top 10 player not from Oklahoma or Texas to play ball at OU? Unreal! :jcapel

We came close with Lavender...#23 on Rivals, #2 position (which was probably done earlier, as he was ahead of 5-star Chris Paul). That was a great class, 4 top 100 guys, too bad only Longar stayed (well, and Jaison Williams, but he wasn't a four year guy or part of the four in the top 100).

I would like to once again point out what a great class Coach Capel has signed! It just puts a huge smile on my face. Who would of thought that we could ever get a top 10 player not from Oklahoma or Texas to play ball at OU? Unreal! :jcapel

Capel 'doin work.

get_image

I meant to end my post with, but Capel is bringing pretty much unprecedented recruiting consistency to Norman and it's great to be getting big time players year after year like never before. Gotta love what he's doing and where OU has been in his tenure and is likely going.

Not to nit pick, but wouldn't you call Tiny a Texas kid?

Also, where did Willie end up in RSCI? Is Tiny honestly the highest rated guy we've had?

Also, where did Willie end up in RSCI? Is Tiny honestly the highest rated guy we've had?

Willie was 13th, so yes Tiny is the highest rated guy we have had...

I meant to end my post with, but Capel is bringing pretty much unprecedented recruiting consistency to Norman and it's great to be getting big time players year after year like never before. Gotta love what he's doing and where OU has been in his tenure and is likely going.

Yep, what Capel has done in a relatively short time is unbelievable. :clap

I hope the national recruiting services are wrong about Pledger.

Maybe, but he grew up in Cali.

Back