For those that complain about how dark it is in lloyd noble...

dahldennsull

Reaction score
Turn on the LA/Houston game and look at how dark the Staples center is. It's very dark all the way to the benches.

Now I'll go ahead and say I'm one of the complainers, and I still stand by my reason because we are trying to draw fans, and the Lakers don't have a problem for that at all, however, I thought it was very interesting how dark that place is and didn't ever really notice it in other places besides LNC until tonight.

I like the Staples Center lighting but not the LNC. I think the Staples Center looks great on TV but the LNC seems to be hazy almost. Either go dark or bright, the LNC seems dim.

I like the Staples Center lighting but not the LNC. I think the Staples Center looks great on TV but the LNC seems to be hazy almost. Either go dark or bright, the LNC seems dim.

dim is a perfect word to describe it..

GIA in Stillwater is the exact opposite. It is EXTREMELY bright in GIA.

they do it on purpose for the lakers games so that people will focus on the game and not star watch. it started a couple years ago. clipper games are much different, to say the least.

edit: i sit corrected. apparently dr. buss wanted to replicate the look of the great western forum. apologies.

Last edited:
I'd far, far rather watch from a darker vantage point towards a well lighted floor that sit with lights in my eyes.

Turn on the LA/Houston game and look at how dark the Staples center is. It's very dark all the way to the benches.

Now I'll go ahead and say I'm one of the complainers, and I still stand by my reason because we are trying to draw fans, and the Lakers don't have a problem for that at all, however, I thought it was very interesting how dark that place is and didn't ever really notice it in other places besides LNC until tonight.

MSG is just like the LNC in terms of lighting

Yeah, last rennovation they put in the new lighting and it's much better than it was before both in the stands and especially on the court. The seating may seem darker even, but it's because the floor lighting is really good.

Back