Forget Kobe and Lebron James.

Dwyane Wade is the best player in the NBA.

He's darn good that's for sure. He's not far behind LeBron and Kobe.

How about Beasley? Y'all still think I'm crazy for telling you he was the next Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson? Dude is weak.

i dont think lebron is the best player in the game bc he doesnt have the ability to consistantly spread the floor with the perimeter jumper. i think it is down to wade and kobe and then wade above kobe just bc he has to do more for his team to have a shot

Lebron is a better leader then all of them. As I said in another thread, they are all essentially perfect, so it's hard to nitpick. But age, size, health, strength and team focus all favor James. In part because of that size, James can make a living getting to the cup, whereas Bryant is living on a diet of long balls, pull-ups, breakaways and lobs.

Lebron is a better leader then all of them. As I said in another thread, they are all essentially perfect, so it's hard to nitpick. But age, size, health, strength and team focus all favor James. In part because of that size, James can make a living getting to the cup, whereas Bryant is living on a diet of long balls, pull-ups, breakaways and lobs.

how is lebron a better leader. i judge a leader based on championships and lebron has ZERO.

Look at the team chemisty Lebron has created with the Cavs this year, that is a perfect example on his leadership.
His team is full of average players and he lead them to the best record in the NBA, I really question if Kobe would have the same impact on the Cavs team or if they would be similar to his teams from 2004-07 when his team's talent level was similar to the Cavs make up this year.

Look at the team chemisty Lebron has created with the Cavs this year, that is a perfect example on his leadership.
His team is full of average players and he lead them to the best record in the NBA, I really question if Kobe would have the same impact on the Cavs team or if they would be similar to his teams from 2004-07 when his team's talent level was similar to the Cavs make up this year.

R u kidding me? lebrons team is soooo much more talented than kobes old teams. i mean you cant compare smush parker to mo williams. kwame brown to big z. kobe didnt have anyone who could spread the floor with any consistancy or even catch the ball. his only other good player was lamar but lamar was always hurt. heck luke the puke was like the 3rd best player on his team but lebron has guys all around him that are knock down 3 point shooter, a big that has a great midrange game, and some pretty good defenders....

He's darn good that's for sure. He's not far behind LeBron and Kobe.

How about Beasley? Y'all still think I'm crazy for telling you he was the next Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson? Dude is weak.

Glenn Robinson had a pretty good career.

after the shooting display Kobe put on last night it's hard to argue against him.

after the shooting display Kobe put on last night it's hard to argue against him.

If one were to argue against him, you could look at his 5 for 24 performance the game before...

R u kidding me? lebrons team is soooo much more talented than kobes old teams. i mean you cant compare smush parker to mo williams. kwame brown to big z. kobe didnt have anyone who could spread the floor with any consistancy or even catch the ball. his only other good player was lamar but lamar was always hurt. heck luke the puke was like the 3rd best player on his team but lebron has guys all around him that are knock down 3 point shooter, a big that has a great midrange game, and some pretty good defenders....

Exactly. Kobe's old Laker teams were horrible talent wise and he still had them competing. We'll see who wins it this year because the Lakers and Cavs have similar teams. No excuses.

Glenn Robinson had a pretty good career.
Individually and offensively I agree. I think Beasley will have the same path. He'll score some points, play no D and not make his teammates better.

Soonersrule is right. RIGHT NOW, Wade is the best player in the game.

1. Wade - great scorer, good defender
2. Lebron - great scorer, good passer
3. Kobe - great scorer

how is lebron a better leader. i judge a leader based on championships and lebron has ZERO.
First of all, that's a dumb way to judge a leader. Second of all, Kobe wasn't the leader of the Lakers team with Shaq and company. It also must be noted that Lebron is 24.

They both provide leadership, I don't think you can separate the two in that respect.

And LOL at the guy talking about the Lakers early teams after Shaq left, as if Kobe magically made them a contender.

3. Kobe - great scorer

you forgot to mention Kobe being named to the all defensive first team 6 times in his career and the 2nd team three times, so you might want to put great defender next to Kobe

opinions are like, well you know. there's not going to be a definitive list.

i love watching all three play, so i enjoy them for what they are. i'm not going dissect who is better and why because they are all great. but what do i remember most about mj? game winning shots. i will argue that wade is clearly more clutch than lebron, and probably kobe right now as well. kobe hit a lot of game winners during the shaq years, but not so much lately. wade absolutely thrives on it. and kobe has provided leadership. one needs to just go back to last year's olympics to see that.

Exactly. Kobe's old Laker teams were horrible talent wise and he still had them competing. We'll see who wins it this year because the Lakers and Cavs have similar teams.
Excluding Kobe and LeBron, the Lakers have far more talent than the Cavs. Bynum, Gasol, and Odom are far superior to the Cavs' 5s and 4s.

3. Kobe - great scorer
It's odd that you only attach the good defender label to Wade, seeing as how he is the worst defender of the three.

It's odd that you only attach the good defender label to Wade, seeing as how he is the worst defender of the three.

let's not act like lebron is a vastly superior defender than dwyane, who has won games with his defense and finished second in steals per this season. not to mention the record he set for being the first 6'4 player in the history of the league to get 100 blocks. is he a great lock down defender? that's debatable. but he puts up some impressive defensive stats.

Based on accomplishment it's D-Wayne so far. When healthy history has shown us you can put him with any other teammates and he will take them on a run.

02-03 - Heat win 25 games
Summer 03 - Draft D-Wade
03-04 - Wade bursts on the scene taking the Heat within 1 game of the Conference Finals.
04 - Heat blow up team, bring in Shaq and some journeymen, send everybody else to the Lakers.
04-05 - Wade takes his new teammates to the conference Finals losing in game 7 to the Pistons.
04-05 - Kobe does not even make the playoffs with the same guys D-Wade took within a game of the conference finals the previous year.
05-06 D-Wade wins finals MVP with the best NBA finals performance in recent history. Jordan never took over a series this dramatically.
06-07 Injuries start
07-08 Injuries continue and the Heat dismantle their aging team winning only 15 games.
08-09 Health returns and here he goes again. Leading a new young cast on a playoff run.

The jury is still out on Lebron because as Playmakr said he is just 24, but vs Kobe it's not even close. D-Wade in a landslide. Now the Kobe lovers can chip in with their excuses and explanations. For D-Wade, no excuses are needed, just throw him out there with 4 other guys and he will take them on a run, including Marquette to the final 4.

Last edited:
Back