Former Players and Coaches

Soonerinkc

Reaction score
Saw KS just passed Phog Allen on all time win list. His two asst ...obvious Hollis and White.

Thought it'd be cool to have a thread on former players/coaches...dedicated to just keep up with where they are now. Hopefully not a debate thread on which coach was better etc.

Ryan Minor - RIP man...good guy, absolutely loved his game

Guess delete if not warranted or there is already one out there.

Besides the pro guys...names from the past I'd be curious about.

William Davis (I taught in kck after he left for school)
Eduardo N
Skeeter H
Dave S
plus many more

just guys I watched in my teens/20's.

Good post KC, it scratched my nostalgia itch for sure. I also thought about Corey Brewer, the original. I loved his game and he may have been the toughest player we have ever had. I think I remember a story that he was shot as a kid in West Memphis and survived a tough childhood. It looks like he might be in the oil and gas business here in Oklahoma now and I also found this about him from a few years ago.

Me being 59, I'm more of the around 82/83 to about 2000 group of guys...but all info is good.

I thought Harvey Grant lived in Wichita for a bit.

I know Taj Gray's dad was helping coach St. Pius X (KCMO) hs, Taj was in the metro at the time. about 4 years ago.

Austin Johnson was running a girls AAU program out of west Texas. Amarillo i think.

Najera is still in the sports business. He was in the ownership group of the Texas Legends of the G-League and is also involved in other sports.

John Ontjes is still here in Hutch & it’s pretty much business as usual; the Blue Dragon Women are 16-0 & ranked 5th in the nation. His career winning percentage since he took over is right at 83%.

Me being 59, I'm more of the around 82/83 to about 2000 group of guys...but all info is good.

I thought Harvey Grant lived in Wichita for a bit.

I know Taj Gray's dad was helping coach St. Pius X (KCMO) hs, Taj was in the metro at the time. about 4 years ago.
Buddy, you are getting old....you need to retire 😃

Nate Erdmann - Business Development Manager, Kerecis in DFW
Ernie Abercrombie - Co-Owner of JOHN HENRY'S FOOD PRODUCTS, INC (Houston, TX)

John Ontjes is still here in Hutch & it’s pretty much business as usual; the Blue Dragon Women are 16-0 & ranked 5th in the nation. His career winning percentage since he took over is right at 83%.
Didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but Ontjes doing Ontjes things:

Guess a bunch of guys that played for Tubbs might be there sat for the ku game…honoring Tubbs. 👍🏻

Back