Fouls

The definition of "Discrepancy" is: A difference in two things that should be the same.

It's literally not a discrepancy unless you think we should be shooting the same amount of free throws as other teams we play.

lol ok. way to pull the one definition that works for your point

Since the officials rotate and don't work exclusively for the Big !2 and people here also think the refs in our non-conference games were against us.... it's national.

I know they don't work for the big 12. But it is regional I believe.
But that is getting away from the point. The point is I haven't seen on person say they think there is a national conspiracy against OU

I know they don't work for the big 12. But it is regional I believe.
But that is getting away from the point. The point is I haven't seen on person say they think there is a national conspiracy against OU

You're being ridiculously pedantic. They might not have said the word "national" but that's the implication if you ***** about the officiating in every single game we play.

You're being ridiculously pedantic. They might not have said the word "national" but that's the implication if you ***** about the officiating in every single game we play.

So if I complain about officiating, it means I believe there is a conspiracy? It couldn't just be that officiating in college basketball is teriible?

You are all over the place and full of incoherent talk

So if I complain about officiating, it means I believe there is a conspiracy? It couldn't just be that officiating in college basketball is teriible?

You are all over the place and full of incoherent talk

You don't know what the word "incoherent" means. I don't know why I interact with you.

dude why?
You are the most vain person i have encountered on a message board.
You probably have saved copies of all posts to bring back up years later to prove you were right about something on a message board

Says the man who 18 hours ago patted himself on the back for saying a couple months ago that you thought our best lineup would be with Los at the point and Grant at the two.

Again, the reason I brought up the call last night was to show that debatable calls happen in basically every game, and whichever team is on the wrong end of it always thinks they are getting screwed. Hell, KU twitter last night was full of fans complaining about how bad they were getting jobbed, which is as ironic as it gets. I just get tired of all the whining about officiating. This season seems to have gotten worse. If OU were to start a game by missing their first 20 shots and falling behind by 30 points, half he posts in the game thread would be commenting on the refs. There are times where virtually every call leads to complaints. I live in a town where the fan base is a joke because they seem to think WSU never fouls. It was especially bad when Marshall was here. I just don't like seeing our fans go down that path, because it is nothing more than excuse making.

It's not a discrepancy. It's the result of a relatively unathletic team that seldom attacks the basket. The idea that there's some national officiating conspiracy against OU is just wacky.

The FTA should be much closer. You can call a foul every time down the court. Unfortunately, the whistles are consistently blowing against us and not our opponents.

The FTA should be much closer. You can call a foul every time down the court. Unfortunately, the whistles are consistently blowing against us and not our opponents.

And there's a reason for that, as I explained. We are unathletic and don't attack the basket nearly as much as the teams we play. It's not because the refs don't like us or there's some conspiracy to help every team we play.

Huh? I’m simply asking for a rules clarification and made no judgement on whether the call in our game was right or wrong. I was just using the play in our game as reference to the play that Wichita raised because I was confused by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant to tag Wichita's post, not yours. I'm sorry, late night drinking regrets.

Says the man who 18 hours ago patted himself on the back for saying a couple months ago that you thought our best lineup would be with Los at the point and Grant at the two.
touche
Again, the reason I brought up the call last night was to show that debatable calls happen in basically every game, and whichever team is on the wrong end of it always thinks they are getting screwed. Hell, KU twitter last night was full of fans complaining about how bad they were getting jobbed, which is as ironic as it gets. I just get tired of all the whining about officiating. This season seems to have gotten worse. If OU were to start a game by missing their first 20 shots and falling behind by 30 points, half he posts in the game thread would be commenting on the refs. There are times where virtually every call leads to complaints. I live in a town where the fan base is a joke because they seem to think WSU never fouls. It was especially bad when Marshall was here. I just don't like seeing our fans go down that path, because it is nothing more than excuse making.

then stop visiting the game threads

And there's a reason for that, as I explained. We are unathletic and don't attack the basket nearly as much as the teams we play. It's not because the refs don't like us or there's some conspiracy to help every team we play.

That might explain a ~5 FT/game average differential but not 10/game. The coach, announcers, and fans are rightly calling out the egregious discrepancy. Your opinion is in the minority.

That might explain a ~5 FT/game average differential but not 10/game. The coach, announcers, and fans are rightly calling out the egregious discrepancy. Your opinion is in the minority.

So there must be one of two things happening then if you're correct:

1. Something nefarious is going on. For this to be true you have to believe that there is a vast conspiracy against OU (and possibly Texas) because, I presume, they're leaving the Big 12? It's weird because lots of schools have left lots of conferences. I don't know why this would cause this reaction. You would also have to believe that it would be kept a secret even though literally dozens of people would have to be in on it.

2. The officiating is just terrible. Well, if the officiating is terrible then it's terrible both ways. You would STILL have to believe that the officials are against us even if the officiating is terrible because it's ONLY terrible in the other team's favor.

1. Something nefarious is going on. For this to be true you have to believe that there is a vast conspiracy against OU (and possibly Texas) because, I presume, they're leaving the Big 12? It's weird because lots of schools have left lots of conferences. I don't know why this would cause this reaction. You would also have to believe that it would be kept a secret even though literally dozens of people would have to be in on it.

2. The officiating is just terrible. Well, if the officiating is terrible then it's terrible both ways. You would STILL have to believe that the officials are against us even if the officiating is terrible because it's ONLY terrible in the other team's favor.

can you explain the holding calls against texas and oklahoma opponents this season

Ah, I see you're in the vast conspiracy camp

in football, there is 100% a conspiracy against the teams leaving the conference. The conference will do everything it can to make sure ou/tex don't win the trophy again

People were saying this as soon as the move to the sec was announced. it was expected and obvious

Lmao, West Virginia led the Big 12 in holding calls this year. THE BIG 12 CLEARLY HATES WEST VIRGINIA!

That's a good point. Conference realignment has been happening at a rapid pace, and OU and Texas are far from the only schools leaving conferences for what they consider to be greener pastures. I guess Houston, UCLA, USC, UCF, BYU, Cincy, etc., are also likely getting jobbed this season, and plenty of other schools have been recently. All by a bunch of refs who aren't affiliated with any conference. I'm sure refs go to bed at night dreaming of ways they can defend the Big 12's honor against OU and Texas.

Here is an interesting fact: KU has shot fewer FTs than their opponents this season, as their fans have been quick to note at every opportunity.

Back