Fouls

2. The officiating is just terrible. Well, if the officiating is terrible then it's terrible both ways. You would STILL have to believe that the officials are against us even if the officiating is terrible because it's ONLY terrible in the other team's favor.

Why does the officiating have to be poor both ways?

Option 3. Ou has been victim of incompetent officiating disproportionately to their opponents, and it has resulted in losses that should have been wins (ku, isu).

Last edited:
That's a good point. Conference realignment has been happening at a rapid pace, and OU and Texas are far from the only schools leaving conferences for what they consider to be greener pastures. I guess Houston, UCLA, USC, UCF, BYU, Cincy, etc., are also likely getting jobbed this season, and plenty of other schools have been recently. All by a bunch of refs who aren't affiliated with any conference. I'm sure refs go to bed at night dreaming of ways they can defend the Big 12's honor against OU and Texas.

Here is an interesting fact: KU has shot fewer FTs than their opponents this season, as their fans have been quick to note at every opportunity.

LOL. OU and Tex are BY FAR the biggest names to move conferences. And the way they did it put a huge target on them by the conference. These 2 teams leaving the big 12 declines the value of the conference substantially. Trying to compare OU and texas leaving the big 12 to those other teams leaving is hilarious. USC and UCLA are big names and that will hurt the PAC but it also just happened. We will see how the PAC treats them in the coming years before the move. It also is rare I believe to have 2 teams being lame ducks for 3+ years waiting to move. Teh big 12 has to do all it can to protect the conference and propping up the remaining teams is good for it's image. That is why I didn't get too upset with the football screw jobs the last couple years. I knew it was coming and I understand it

You are full of logical fallacies today. Might be time to take a break

The logical fallacy here is that there must be a conspiracy against us because of one cherry-picked statistic. I am taking that fallacy to its logical conclusion to show how ridiculous it is.

Intereresting thread:D

I believe a component of being on the short end of getting calls and getting to the FT line is our style. We play a halfcourt system that emphasizes getting shooters open and/or getting a good look inside the paint. I would prefer that we would increase the frequency in which we go to the basket....that would help get us a few more calls. Also, we rarely if ever force transition. We may have a few 2on2 or 3on3 sequences per game and we almost always choose to pull the ball back out instead of attacking. If we attacked more, it's virtually guaranteed we would get a few more calls, but that goes with the caveat of missing at the rim and it going the other way quickly.

In the halfcourt, I think it's reasonable to believe you're not going to get as many fouls called in your favor unless you are a good to great rebounding team.....and get some fouls on putbacks. We are the opposite of a great offensive rebounding team....by choice albeit.

In summary, I believe it's more a matter of style that leads to the foul/FT discrepancy for us. I can also concede the refs have missed a few calls that would have benefitted us for sure. But I'm not a fan of the constant chirping that we are somehow getting screwed when we have the ability to control some of the "controllables".

Why does the officiating have to be poor both ways?

Option 3. Ou has been victim of incompetent officiating disproportionately to their opponents, and it has resulted in losses that should have been wins.

Because that makes no sense. Incompetence doesn’t apply to one side and not the other.

Intereresting thread:D

I believe a component of being on the short end of getting calls and getting to the FT line is our style. We play a halfcourt system that emphasizes getting shooters open and/or getting a good look inside the paint. I would prefer that we would increase the frequency in which we go to the basket....that would help get us a few more calls. Also, we rarely if ever force transition. We may have a few 2on2 or 3on3 sequences per game and we almost always choose to pull the ball back out instead of attacking. If we attacked more, it's virtually guaranteed we would get a few more calls, but that goes with the caveat of missing at the rim and it going the other way quickly.

In the halfcourt, I think it's reasonable to believe you're not going to get as many fouls called in your favor unless you are a good to great rebounding team.....and get some fouls on putbacks. We are the opposite of a great offensive rebounding team....by choice albeit.

In summary, I believe it's more a matter of style that leads to the foul/FT discrepancy for us. I can also concede the refs have missed a few calls that would have benefitted us for sure. But I'm not a fan of the constant chirping that we are somehow getting screwed when we have the ability to control some of the "controllables".

Yes

The logical fallacy here is that there must be a conspiracy against us because of one cherry-picked statistic. I am taking that fallacy to its logical conclusion to show how ridiculous it is.

Your hubris knows no bounds.

LOL. OU and Tex are BY FAR the biggest names to move conferences. And the way they did it put a huge target on them by the conference. These 2 teams leaving the big 12 declines the value of the conference substantially. Trying to compare OU and texas leaving the big 12 to those other teams leaving is hilarious. USC and UCLA are big names and that will hurt the PAC but it also just happened. We will see how the PAC treats them in the coming years before the move. It also is rare I believe to have 2 teams being lame ducks for 3+ years waiting to move. Teh big 12 has to do all it can to protect the conference and propping up the remaining teams is good for it's image. That is why I didn't get too upset with the football screw jobs the last couple years. I knew it was coming and I understand it

USC an UCLA are every bit as important to the PAC. And the AAC is basically being completely gutted by losing three teams. If any conference had a reason to hold a grudge, it's them. The other thing that never makes sense to me -- the conference benefits when its teams make the playoff, and until TCU made its shocking run this year, OU was always seen as the conference's best chance of making it (and earning the league money). Would they really be so pissed that they would hurt their chances of milking OU for every possible dime?

I don't deny that the conference higherups are pissed at OU and Texas, as are the other schools. I just don't think it leads to officiating conspiracies.

And I absolutely disagree with any suggestion that officiating has cost us wins this season in basketball. The ISU shot that went out of bounds was an awful call that happened in the first half. Most of our late game collapses have involved very few free throws by the other teams -- instead, teams are scoring at will from the field, while we aren't scoring at all. Even in the game at Lawrence, for as many FTs as KU shot in the first 15 minutes of the second half, their comeback involved no FTs. They had already taken the lead before we fouled on purpose a couple times in the last 30 seconds.

lol no.

just give it up man
you and Wichita are so damn depressing and negative i have to wonder why you even come to the board?

lol no.

just give it up man
you and Wichita are so damn depressing and negative i have to wonder why you even come to the board?

Again, you’ve really dissected my point by saying “lol no.” That’s very impressive. Did you go to college on a forensics scholarship?

USC an UCLA are every bit as important to the PAC. And the AAC is basically being completely gutted by losing three teams. If any conference had a reason to hold a grudge, it's them. The other thing that never makes sense to me -- the conference benefits when its teams make the playoff, and until TCU made its shocking run this year, OU was always seen as the conference's best chance of making it (and earning the league money). Would they really be so pissed that they would hurt their chances of milking OU for every possible dime?

I don't deny that the conference higherups are pissed at OU and Texas, as are the other schools. I just don't think it leads to officiating conspiracies.

And I absolutely disagree with any suggestion that officiating has cost us wins this season in basketball. The ISU shot that went out of bounds was an awful call that happened in the first half. Most of our late game collapses have involved very few free throws by the other teams -- instead, teams are scoring at will from the field, while we aren't scoring at all. Even in the game at Lawrence, for as many FTs as KU shot in the first 15 minutes of the second half, their comeback involved no FTs. They had already taken the lead before we fouled on purpose a couple times in the last 30 seconds.

:ez-laugh:

Again, you’ve really dissected my point by saying “lol no.” That’s very impressive. Did you go to college on a forensics scholarship?

I mean there is nothing left to say. Y'all are contrarians and like to go against the grain just to do it. Some of your posts are so ridiculous all you can do is laugh.

I'm still guessing WS is 87sooner

Why is it “depressing and negative” to point out that there’s not some vast conspiracy against OU? Such a weird thing to say.

Why is it “depressing and negative” to point out that there’s not some vast conspiracy against OU? Such a weird thing to say.

Not necessarily you...more so WS.
90% of his posts are a backhanded criticism of Moser or posters on this board

Even in the game at Lawrence, for as many FTs as KU shot in the first 15 minutes of the second half, their comeback involved no FTs. They had already taken the lead before we fouled on purpose a couple times in the last 30 seconds.

That’s like saying, even though the marathon runner’s legs were amputated in the final 5 miles of the race, the competing runner used his legs to catch up and won the race.

Ou would have been up by ~20 with 5 minutes to go, but for the refs.

Last edited:
lol no.

just give it up man

You win. Life would be far more enjoyable if we joined the club and started wearing tin foil hats while blaming conspiracies for all the program's woes and talking about how many great sets Moser runs and discussing how the program is on the right track, showing progress, and only a basket or two away from being in first place.

I'll try the new approach now, before the game even starts: lol these refs suck, fill-in-the-blank was clearly bumped on the drive but no call, and Tanner clearly didn't foul the guy at the other end.

Back