Fouls

That’s like saying, even though the marathon runner’s legs were amputated in the final 5 miles of the race, the competing runner used his legs to catch up and won the race.

Ou would have been up by ~20 with 5 minutes to go, but for the refs.

Perhaps, and that's a fair point. But it's also possible, maybe even probable, that KU would have found ways to score on some of those possessions if no foul had been called. But I guess I just view games there as an entirely different animal than any other game. Every team in the conference can relate to getting a bad whistle in Lawrence, so I don't see that game as an example of a bias against OU.

The Sooner woman got terrible officiating in Ames today. They whistled OU seemingly every time the Cyclones got in the paint and most of the time, the Sooner defender was straight up and down. Meanwhile, the same situation on the other end--and OU drove it to the hoop plenty--drew mostly blank stares from the officials.

29 fouls to 15, 34 free throws to 14. An eight-point ISU win.

Toby Rowland just came out and said it during the men's game today, "Man, it's fun to watch when the officials call fouls on both teams."

The Sooner woman got terrible officiating in Ames today. They whistled OU seemingly every time the Cyclones got in the paint and most of the time, the Sooner defender was straight up and down. Meanwhile, the same situation on the other end--and OU drove it to the hoop plenty--drew mostly blank stares from the officials.

29 fouls to 15, 34 free throws to 14. An eight-point ISU win.

Toby Rowland just came out and said it during the men's game today, "Man, it's fun to watch when the officials call fouls on both teams."

The point discrepancy in free throws was 21 points in ISU's favor. If you only read the box score you would think that we played defense like the Texas women's team.

The point discrepancy in free throws was 21 points in ISU's favor. If you only read the box score you would think that we played defense like the Texas women's team.
Not an avid follower of the women’s team but caught the audio with Baranczyk after the game on the way back and she was clearly frustrated with the officiating.

I’m an OU homer for sure but from watching football and men’s bball, it just seems fairly consistent right now for officiating breaks in-conference to not go their way. Typically would just say it evens out (or even benefits OU in FB) but difficult to believe the league doesn’t have some hand in it currently. Just hope OU can get out as soon as possible, seems like a no-win situation to stay a day longer than they have to in the Big 12 at this point.

Not an avid follower of the women’s team but caught the audio with Baranczyk after the game on the way back and she was clearly frustrated with the officiating.

In the second half, I was hoping she'd get mad and draw a technical, even though we were on the road and it would rile up the crowd even more against us. Sometimes that's the only way to get things to even out a little.

In the second half, I was hoping she'd get mad and draw a technical, even though we were on the road and it would rile up the crowd even more against us. Sometimes that's the only way to get things to even out a little.

Yes, it's not often that there is a 21 point free throw discrepancy and you only lose by 8 points.

I normally don't say a lot about officiating, but the officials sorta made it impossible not to comment about the OU-ISU outcome.

Whenever Iowa State took the ball inside in the second half, a whistle was virtually automatic. When the Sooners went inside, which they did often, it was crickets way more often than not.

Back