Future of Moser

Some interesting comments from the Trilly discord in relation to Moser and Arkansas mention (Also someone who has Moser as his top8 in the SEC coaching list):

-"Moser is 500 at OU but aight"
-"Bro has no nil and has a final 4 but aight"
-"Moser is like 0-6 vs Texas btw 😂😂"
-"What's there to watch from moser at OU? Three missed tourneys?"
-"I understand moser might have less nil but he walks into a program that has more basketball relevance than kstate does and he’s missed 3 tourneys in 3 years"
-"this dude said Porter Moser. Lmao."
-in response to someone saying if it isn't Tang or Wade, I literally have no name for you ... "Porter Moser welcome to Fayetteville"
-"Tang, Jans, Moser, Buzz, and maybe Wade are the names now"

Then just people rattling off tons of guesses bc the Arky situation is a mess.

Just fun tidbits to share from outside perceptions. Obviously there is absolutely 0 connection for OU to Arkansas, just a name brought up like a ship in the night by a random guesser.

OU is in for a very, VERY rude awakening in the SEC. They were barely mediocre in the Big 12, and they will have less talent than most SEC teams, as well. And a coach who doesn't know what he is doing, except how to turn his roster over completely every year, and replace them with lesser quality players.

OU is in for a very, VERY rude awakening in the SEC. They were barely mediocre in the Big 12, and they will have less talent than most SEC teams, as well. And a coach who doesn't know what he is doing, except how to turn his roster over completely every year, and replace them with lesser quality players.
Lol. Ou has big in the big 12. At best the sec is on par with the big 12. They already know what to expext

The same SEC Moser has scoreboard on while losing to meh Big12 teams? Seems unlikely. We get to see in 6 months though.. will be exciting.

The same SEC Moser has scoreboard on while losing to meh Big12 teams? Seems unlikely. We get to see in 6 months though.. will be exciting.
It’s amazing how much emphasis people are putting on one or two nonconference games a year. Things TOTALLY change in conference play. The scouting reports are far more detailed, the stakes are higher, the intensity is ramped up, teams get familiar with one another, and defenses are able to take away most of what teams like to do on offense. Every coach in the country talks about this every season.

It’s amazing how much emphasis people are putting on one or two nonconference games a year. Things TOTALLY change in conference play. The scouting reports are far more detailed, the stakes are higher, the intensity is ramped up, teams get familiar with one another, and defenses are able to take away most of what teams like to do on offense. Every coach in the country talks about this every season.
Not to be an ass, but I bet Mark Few is an exception. Considering that they play hard noncon and have a coast of a conference.

I do see your point tho, just being a fun jerk about the " every coach" statement.

Porter needs to be pleading for donors to give more NIL money while he's busting his ass tryong to get a few studs out of the portal. Maybe the possible big donors just don't have confidence that he is the guy and are waiting until a better hire is made. But a 2 headed sword. Who is going to want to rerplace Moser under the current circumstances. If Arky can't get a quality coach with the backing their program has, who will want the OU job?

I have minimal hope for the future of OU basketball. OU, as a whole, has been one of the least "NIL friendly" schools in the Power 5. And especially in basketball.

Unfortunately, the way sports are heading, NIL means everything, and it will be uber-important to embrace NIL, not push it away, like OU donors seem to be doing.

Some interesting comments from the Trilly discord in relation to Moser and Arkansas mention (Also someone who has Moser as his top8 in the SEC coaching list):

-"Moser is 500 at OU but aight"
-"Bro has no nil and has a final 4 but aight"
-"Moser is like 0-6 vs Texas btw 😂😂"
-"What's there to watch from moser at OU? Three missed tourneys?"
-"I understand moser might have less nil but he walks into a program that has more basketball relevance than kstate does and he’s missed 3 tourneys in 3 years"
-"this dude said Porter Moser. Lmao."
-in response to someone saying if it isn't Tang or Wade, I literally have no name for you ... "Porter Moser welcome to Fayetteville"
-"Tang, Jans, Moser, Buzz, and maybe Wade are the names now"

Then just people rattling off tons of guesses bc the Arky situation is a mess.

Just fun tidbits to share from outside perceptions. Obviously there is absolutely 0 connection for OU to Arkansas, just a name brought up like a ship in the night by a random guesser.

Reassuring to see outside perceptions align roughly with committed OU fans haha.

People keep saying this while providing no evidence whatsoever.
My evidence is a former player who has been involved with the NIL and talked to the guy in charge of the C&C. We are a couple years behind and not catching up.

Porter needs to be pleading for donors to give more NIL money while he's busting his ass tryong to get a few studs out of the portal. Maybe the possible big donors just don't have confidence that he is the guy and are waiting until a better hire is made. But a 2 headed sword. Who is going to want to rerplace Moser under the current circumstances. If Arky can't get a quality coach with the backing their program has, who will want the OU job?
Or, and I know this is a completely foreign topic for some around here, try coaching up and getting somewhere near 95% out of the guys we are able to get.

I'll keep beating this dead horse, but OU has had enough talent to put a better product on the floor in each of the last three seasons. I honestly believe that. Especially last year and this year. Never said we had the talent to win the Big 12. Or be a top 3 Big 12 team. Or make a Final Four. But we had enough talent to be better. Watch and see. Some of these guys leaving OU are going to look a lot better next year.

My evidence is a former player who has been involved with the NIL and talked to the guy in charge of the C&C. We are a couple years behind and not catching up.
Behind who? Every Power 5 team? In which specific sports? If we're talking basketball only, given that NIL is fan-driven (or is supposed to be), I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised.

I've heard the guy from the C&C interviewed and while there is definitely room for improvement, what he said didn't match the persistent drum beat of doom and gloom seen on this board (again, nearly always with no source or evidence to back up the doomsaying).

When we have a coach who gets the most out of his players--3, 4 or 5-stars--the program will begin to rise and so too will fan support. It ticked up this year with even the minor improvement shown.

People keep saying this while providing no evidence whatsoever.
This is just lazy lol. Others have posted references in this specific thread about OU’s NIL budget being in the bottom third of the Big 12. I’m not going to link to them but you can start from the beginning and look for yourself.

It’s fine to not believe rumors from a Discord or a connection or even to think NIL is irrelevant, but I think most of the posters who bemoan the current state of affairs have provided specific factoids/references. Just choose not to believe, that’s ok too.

This is just lazy lol. Others have posted references in this specific thread about OU’s NIL budget being in the bottom third of the Big 12. I’m not going to link to them but you can start from the beginning and look for yourself.

It’s fine to not believe rumors from a Discord or a connection or even to think NIL is irrelevant, but I think most of the posters who bemoan the current state of affairs have provided specific factoids/references. Just choose not to believe, that’s ok too.
Agreed. Anyone paying attention should know that OU’s NIL - especially for basketball - was among the worst in the Big 12. And it shows on the court. Not to defend the coaches too much - because they can do better - but the budget ultimately dictates and you get what you pay for.

Agreed. Anyone paying attention should know that OU’s NIL - especially for basketball - was among the worst in the Big 12. And it shows on the court. Not to defend the coaches too much - because they can do better - but the budget ultimately dictates and you get what you pay for.
Yep, I long for the days we have NIL like San Diego State, Utah State, NC State, BYU, Colorado State, and a host of others.

A man can dream.

Yep, I long for the days we have NIL like San Diego State, Utah State, NC State, BYU, Colorado State, and a host of others.

A man can dream.
Three of those schools you mentioned has NIL budgets equal or larger than OU, and the BYU coach is on record saying a budget of $2.5MM is what it takes to compete in the Big XII. Ours was/is about 1/2 of that.

Three of those schools you mentioned has NIL budgets equal or larger than OU, and the BYU coach is on record saying a budget of $2.5MM is what it takes to compete in the Big XII. Ours was/is about 1/2 of that.
Sources, please? Are you the accountant for all of those schools?

Sources, please? Are you the accountant for all of those schools?
Nah, no sources. No facts. Just made it all up to support a narrative that Moser is the greatest coach ever and has no faults.

Because I know those that hate Moser and think all of our problems is his, and NOT NIL provide sources and undisputed facts on every post to back that argument.

Geez.

Back