Gottlieb calls out Willie Warren

It would be one thing for Doug to point it out, as if to encourage Willie, or in some manor of offering advice. He is not doing so. He's just taking a shot.
Your whole post is about offering advice or guidance, which is NOT null and void for people that have been through it. Doug is not doing that. It's not even "I really wish Willie would do this or that." It's just a shot.
Per your example, if Brady Morningstar took a shot 15 years from now at a drunk driver, and left it at that, his words would be meaningless. If he were taking that person under his wing, offering support, that would be a positive and a great thing. The former is what is happening here.

So Doug Gottlieb's attitude tore apart his college team? I must have missed that. Doug stealing a credit card has nothing to do with him being a cancer on the basketball team. The two are so far unrelated it's not even funny. Unless I missed something in his career. I always thought he was kind of a glue guy for OSU.
Now if Doug was criticizing Fitz and Pledger for stealing from Dillards then what you are saying would make sense. He's not. He's talking about on the court issues. I don't recall Gottlieb having any.

So it's your opinion that Gottleib is just making this opinion up and hasn't talked to anyone in and around the program? OK.

I think he's making it up to a certain extent. He doesn't know enough to claim that OU's problems are all WW's fault. He's going on two quotes by two coaches from other programs that basically just said they wouldn't want WW, and it appears that Gottleib automatically is assuming that all the problems stem from WW just on those two quotes alone. He's making extreme statements when the evidence doesn't support so... That is the problem.

And no, I don't think he has talked to anyone around the program, because anyone in the program would tell you its not ALL WW's fault, as Gottleib had said in his article. There are a lot of different problems that aren't WW's fault that lie within the program.

Just because he went to your favorite school doesn't make him immune to mistakes as an analyst. Contrary to your belief, he does make mistakes as an analyst. He did a poor job on this article from making extreme assumptions when there wasn't evidence to show for. He's normally a great analyst, but this wasn't one of his finer pieces. Plain and simple.

So Doug Gottlieb's attitude tore apart his college team? I must have missed that. Doug stealing a credit card has nothing to do with him being a cancer on the basketball team. The two are so far unrelated it's not even funny. Unless I missed something in his career. I always thought he was kind of a glue guy for OSU.
Now if Doug was criticizing Fitz and Pledger for stealing from Dillards then what you are saying would make sense. He's not. He's talking about on the court issues. I don't recall Gottlieb having any.

You obviously never saw Dougie at the free throw line

Gottlieb being a cheat and a fraud at age 19 makes his opinion of an attitude of a 19 year old null and void.

Why? That makes no sense.

Wake up folks, it is perfectly understandable that Gottlieb stole his roomates credit card and was charged with a crime in college. That is just standard youthful exuberance .

But not getting back on defense, or joking with a fellow student about missing a tutor session, etc. THAT IS WAY OUT OF CONTROL and deserves national ridicule. What normal 19 year old ever joked about cutting class?

Jeff Capel has publically attacked Willie many times. I love how you always ignore that and blame the fans and media. The guy has been cancer this year and the coach knows it, the team knows, the fans know, and the media knows it.

What is your deal with blindly defending Willie when everyone associated in any way with the OU basketball team is not?

Jeff Capel has publically attacked Willie many times. I love how you always ignore that and blame the fans and media. The guy has been cancer this year and the coach knows it, the team knows, the fans know, and the media knows it.

What is your deal with blindly defending Willie when everyone associated in any way with the OU basketball team is not?

Then why not kick him off the team now (or back then)? The problem cannot just be WW because the solution is too simple if that is the case.

Then why not kick him off the team now (or back then)? The problem cannot just be WW because the solution is too simple if that is the case.

Two reasons:

1. It isn't entirely Willie's fault. I think alot of the blame goes to him, but certainly not all of it.

2. The backlash that would be created for kicking your star guard, a Preseason POY canidate completely off your team. To those without the facts, it might seem as though Capel were simply putting the blame on Willie.

I really think at this point, Capel is just trying to get through the year, and he'll steer Willie to the NBA. I don't care what the mock drafts are saying, SOME NBA GM will draft him relatively high, based on what he "could" do.

Two reasons:

1. It isn't entirely Willie's fault. I think alot of the blame goes to him, but certainly not all of it.

2. The backlash that would be created for kicking your star guard, a Preseason POY canidate completely off your team. To those without the facts, it might seem as though Capel were simply putting the blame on Willie.

I really think at this point, Capel is just trying to get through the year, and he'll steer Willie to the NBA. I don't care what the mock drafts are saying, SOME NBA GM will draft him relatively high, based on what he "could" do.

There is your answer...to some, kicking off a player might be "damage control", but unless some type of illegal activity takes place, Capel is doing the right thing.

Two reasons:

1. It isn't entirely Willie's fault. I think alot of the blame goes to him, but certainly not all of it..

Exactly my point I had made earlier. Willie has made some mistakes, but not all of OU's troubles should be pointed at him, unlike what Gottleib said in his article.

Why? That makes no sense.

Did WW and AJ get into it last year? If so what was it over?

Back