Ha Ha, Dickie V is releasing his "all Rolls-Royce" team again

steverocks35

Reaction score
The 1st team comes out next week, what's the over/under on Duke/North Carolina/Kentucky players?

SUMMERTIME ALL-ROLLS ROYCE TEAMS

SECOND TEAM
C-Greg Monroe, Georgetown -- 12.7 PPG, 6.7 RPG
F-Damion James, Texas -- 15.4 PPG, 9.2 RPG
F-Patrick Patterson, Kentucky -- 18.2 PPG, 9.4 RPG
G-Scottie Reynolds, Villanova -- 15.5 PPG, 3.6 APG
G-Greivis Vasquez, Maryland -- 17.1 PPG, 5.1 APG

THIRD TEAM
C-Jarvis Varnado, Mississippi State -- 13.1 PPG, 9.0 RPG
F-Evan Turner, Ohio State -- 17.1 PPG, 7.0 RPG
F-Tyler Smith, Tennessee -- 17.2 PPG, 5.9 RPG
G-Jerome Randle, California -- 18.4 PPG, 4.9 APG
G-Willie Warren, Oklahoma -- 14.7 PPG, 3.0 APG

FOURTH TEAM
C-JaJuan Johnson, Purdue -- 13.2 PPG, 5.6 RPG
F-Gani Lawal, Georgia Tech -- 15.1 PPG, 9.5 RPG
F-Craig Brackins, Iowa State -- 20.2 PPG, 9.5 RPG
G-Talor Battle, Penn State -- 16.8 PPG, 4.9 APG
G-Devan Downey, South Carolina -- 19.9 PPG, 4.5 APG

FIFTH TEAM
C-Jerome Jordan, Tulsa -- 14 PPG, 8.6 RPG
F-Tasmin Mitchell, LSU -- 16.3 PPG, 7.2 RPG
F-Trevor Booker, Clemson -- 15.3 PPG, 9.7 RPG
G-James Anderson, Okla. State -- 18.6 PPG, 5.8 RPG
G-Nic Wise, Arizona -- 15.1 PPG, 4.6 APG

SIXTH TEAM
C-Ed Davis, North Carolina -- 6.4 PPG, 6.8 RPG
F-Manny Harris, Michigan -- 16.8 PPG, 6.9 RPG
F-Robbie Hummel, Purdue -- 12.7 PPG, 6.9 RPG
G-Denis Clemente, Kansas State -- 15.4 PPG, 3.3 APG
G-Jon Scheyer, Duke -- 15 PPG, 2.8 APG

SEVENTH TEAM
C-Samardo Samuels, Louisville -- 11.9 PPG, 4.7 RPG
F-Devin Ebanks, West Virginia -- 10.4 PPG, 7.7 RPG
F-Luke Babbitt, Nevada -- 16.8 PPG, 7.3 RPG
G-Aubrey Coleman, Houston -- 19.7 PPG, 8.4 RPG
G-LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor -- 15.3 PPG, 4.6 RPG

THIRD TEAM
C-Jarvis Varnado, Mississippi State -- 13.1 PPG, 9.0 RPG
F-Evan Turner, Ohio State -- 17.1 PPG, 7.0 RPG
F-Tyler Smith, Tennessee -- 17.2 PPG, 5.9 RPG
G-Jerome Randle, California -- 18.4 PPG, 4.9 APG
G-Willie Warren, Oklahoma -- 14.7 PPG, 3.0 APG

Tulsa was very close to landing Jerome Randle, but Cal come in and offered late and he took it. It kills me that he turned into an All Pac-10 player, lol. he could have been great for Tulsa.

Kind of makes me sick to see Damion James and Scottie Reynolds ahead of Willie (even if it is a fake Dukie V rating)

I am suprised Dick even mentioned Willie.

Damion James is one of the top 10 best players in all of college basketball? Wow, must be a really down year ahead of us.

The 1st team comes out next week, what's the over/under on Duke/North Carolina/Kentucky players?

Here's the team...

FIRST TEAM
C-Cole Aldrich, Kansas
F-Luke Harangody, Notre Dame
F-Kyle Singler, Duke
G-Kalin Lucas, Michigan State
G-Sharron Collins, Kansas

Maybe not the guys I would have picked, but judging from who isn't on the rest of the list these would have to be the guys. Honestly, I don't really have a problem with any of those guys being on there. I think Singler is a terrific player even though many around here hate on him. Also, maybe now that there won't be comparisons between Blake, Hansbrough and Harangody some people will finally quit hating on Ol Gody too.

Look, I don't think Vitale has much credibility either, but he does put a premium on kids staying in school. Looking at his list, there are 2 seniors and 3 juniors. I think the first team isn't too bad...

Good news is the last time a sooner was third team Rolls Royce the became POY.

His list means nothing because last year he had Damian James in his preseason top 10 players in the country and Blake Griffin was not.

He is no longer credible.

His list means nothing because last year he had Damian James in his preseason top 10 players in the country and Blake Griffin was not.

He is no longer credible.
I agree. I might have to induct him into the SQ club. The guy is a complete moron.

Here's the team...

FIRST TEAM
C-Cole Aldrich, Kansas
F-Kyle Singler, Duke

Yeah, that's got to be the team....no way any of those guys couldn't be left off all the other teams. And like you said Elmo it's probably actually a pretty good list.

Yeah, that's got to be the team....no way any of those guys couldn't be left off all the other teams. And like you said Elmo it's probably actually a pretty good list.

I would take Damion James over Kyle Singler any day of the week. Also, I wonder how many D-1 or NBA coaches would take Kalin Lucas over Willie Warren? My guess is not one.

I would take Damion James over Kyle Singler any day of the week. Also, I wonder how many D-1 or NBA coaches would take Kalin Lucas over Willie Warren? My guess is not one.

I wouldn't take James over Singler. Not on any day of the week. Not for the college game.
I agree long-term on WW but Kalin Lucas is very good as well and he's talking on the college landscape not the NBA. I'm no Dukie V fan nor a Mich St fan but Kalin Lucas, IMO, is the top rated guard in the country this year. He's a winner. If I was going to war today for one game, I'd take him over any other guard...and that pains me to say over my boys Sherron Collins and WW.

I wouldn't take James over Singler. Not on any day of the week. Not for the college game.
I agree long-term on WW but Kalin Lucas is very good as well and he's talking on the college landscape not the NBA. I'm no Dukie V fan nor a Mich St fan but Kalin Lucas, IMO, is the top rated guard in the country this year. He's a winner. If I was going to war today for one game, I'd take him over any other guard...and that pains me to say over my boys Sherron Collins and WW.

I think I like Collins more, but its hard to defend it with how Lucas took over down the stretch in the tourney last year against Collins. He really worked him over...what was it? 7 points in the last minute?

Its sort of like trying to say Willie is better...its tough to make that argument with the way Collins took over the end of the game in Norman last year.

Here's the team...

FIRST TEAM
C-Cole Aldrich, Kansas
F-Kyle Singler, Duke

Maybe not the guys I would have picked, but judging from who isn't on the rest of the list these would have to be the guys. Honestly, I don't really have a problem with any of those guys being on there. I think Singler is a terrific player even though many around here hate on him. Also, maybe now that there won't be comparisons between Blake, Hansbrough and Harangody some people will finally quit hating on Ol Gody too.

Look, I don't think Vitale has much credibility either, but he does put a premium on kids staying in school. Looking at his list, there are 2 seniors and 3 juniors. I think the first team isn't too bad...

Who said that it would be filled with NC and Kentucky players?
He really went status quo with these picks. No surprises here.

I also think its tough to argue w/ Lucas....Mich St is a Final Four team again next year, right along with us! Go Sooners

Back