MBB TPT2 TRANSFER PORTAL THREAD 2

I don’t ever expect Moser to sign a really good big. But you were among the posters who all but assured the board as recently as a couple months ago that there was still plenty of time for us to land a good four. So why are you changing your tune, other than to provide cover for our staff’s failure to get one. As for UNC, if they are signing him to back up a good player, that’s a lot different than when we sign a guy like Soares and may end up starting him.

And who has asked for a “superstar?” We’ve asked for a good four, preferably one who actually plays the position instead of a three who will play the four by necessity.

Small ball is a thing. I’ve also said… we’ll be fine with Moore and others at the 4.

Reports are Moore will be just fine.

Positionless basketball. Moore can guard a 4.

Hell Yeah! He average 19 points a game last year.

On a terrible Manhattan team where he shot 39.9%. I’d like for OU to get him, but I would definitely tamper expectations. He seems like the kind of player PM buries on the bench bc of lack of defense or shot selection.

Small ball is a thing. I’ve also said… we’ll be fine with Moore and others at the 4.

It’s a thing if you have elite athletes and/or great shooters. Not good/slightly above average.

We can revisit this during and after next season, but I think we will be anything but fine at the four. And it still doesn’t answer my question … you predicted one thing very specifically, it didn’t happen, and now you’ve just shifted to a new position. And as for Moore … would you really admit it if the reports aren’t good? I’m honestly trying to think of a time where you have posted something along the lines of, “boy, things don’t look good at a certain spot, we will really struggle to be competitive in the league.” Every team is optimistic in the summer. I feel fairly good about our starting guards and the five. But the four is clearly our biggest concern, and I just can’t figure out why you aren’t willing to admit that.

On a terrible Manhattan team where he shot 39.9%. I’d like for OU to get him, but I would definitely tamper expectations. He seems like the kind of player PM buries on the bench bc of lack of defense or shot selection.

Idk how terrible Manhattan is. 40 percent isn’t terrible shooting either. I’d take the chance of him coming in and giving us 10 over anything. The Wright kid from OSU put up similar numbers on a bad High Point team. He’s pretty decent.

It’s a thing if you have elite athletes and/or great shooters. Not good/slightly above average.

We can revisit this during and after next season, but I think we will be anything but fine at the four. And it still doesn’t answer my question … you predicted one thing very specifically, it didn’t happen, and now you’ve just shifted to a new position. And as for Moore … would you really admit it if the reports aren’t good? I’m honestly trying to think of a time where you have posted something along the lines of, “boy, things don’t look good at a certain spot, we will really struggle to be competitive in the league.” Every team is optimistic in the summer. I feel fairly good about our starting guards and the five. But the four is clearly our biggest concern, and I just can’t figure out why you aren’t willing to admit that.

Sure it’s the question mark in the lineup.

They see him as a 4. Not changing positions at all. I thought we’d add one more of type player but they see Moore as the 4. An upgrade over hill.

We’ll see what happens. I’ve said numerous times that spot is a question mark. (Concern in your eyes)
Hugley played some 4. Is yaya ready? Idk. I don’t see it yet.

Idk how terrible Manhattan is. 40 percent isn’t terrible shooting either. I’d take the chance of him coming in and giving us 10 over anything. The Wright kid from OSU put up similar numbers on a bad High Point team. He’s pretty decent.

They were 8-12 in the MAAC, pretty bad. 40% is bad unless you mostly shoot 3s, which he does not. Wright was a really good defender & a 3pt shooter. Perez is neither. Again I’d like to take him, I just think there’s a better chance he’s Bamisille/Johnson than start.

Complete opposite of what you and others were saying last year when we got abused inside and on the boards.

I'm all for playing small at times, switching on defense, etc, but you have to be able to take care of business in the paint. All I heard all season is that we needed to get bigger inside. We did not do that.

I don’t ever expect Moser to sign a really good big.

I don't consider him as a no-brainer star without risk, but you sure thought Hugley was when it looked like he was going elsewhere. I guess now that Moser signed him, he's no longer a "really good big."

Sure it’s the question mark in the lineup.

They see him as a 4. Not changing positions at all. I thought we’d add one more of type player but they see Moore as the 4. An upgrade over hill.

We’ll see what happens. I’ve said numerous times that spot is a question mark. (Concern in your eyes)
Hugley played some 4. Is yaya ready? Idk. I don’t see it yet.

Lol upgrade over Hill. So he will immediately be our best overall player and defender? Because that’s what Hill was. Don’t trust me. Trust Moser, he is the one who loved Hill more than anyone else.

Lol upgrade over Hill. So he will immediately be our best overall player and defender? Because that’s what Hill was. Don’t trust me. Trust Moser, he is the one who loved Hill more than anyone else.

This conversation has been had over and over. You have a right to your opinion. I think Hill's production will be replaceable but he WAS an important part of this team. Moore LOOKS more athletic on film and I'm not saying he his definitely better but he has a chance to be as good. I hope he is but I'll take a wait and see approach.

I'm not convinced Moore will be better than Hill, but he also doesn't have to be. There are so many areas of potential improvement from last year's team. We can't afford Hugley to be a bust, and McCollum likely can't either with hopes of being an NCAA tournament team. Beyond that, we aren't dependent on any of these incoming guys to be hits at an individual level. They can't all bust obviously, but we can easily have three guys be complete noncontributors if the rest pan out.

Doesn’t work that way. You recruit better players to get better results.
Put top prospect Milos got better. That’s how teams get better. Keep up.

Hill was not our best player. I agree he was our best defender, though.

It is convenient that you suddenly take Moser’s word on hill but you don’t take Moser’s word when he says we are going to play uptempo. Your bias is showing again.

Hill was not our best player. I agree he was our best defender, though.

It is convenient that you suddenly take Moser’s word on hill but you don’t take Moser’s word when he says we are going to play uptempo. Your bias is showing again.

I think he was. Best defender, top 4-5 offensively, best or 2nd rebounder, played within himself. Sherfield was the only other one that might be. Best scorer & passer, bad defensively, went rogue some offensively (sometimes he had to).

I wouldn't write off Moore being better than Hill.

Jalen Hill:
Freshman Year: 1.9pts, 2.1reb, 39.6 FG%
Sophomore Year: 4.4pts, 2.9reb, 44.7 FG%
---
Junior Year: 9.1pts, 5.9 reb, 57.9 FG%
Senior Year: 9.7pts, 5.8reb, 49.8 FG%

Jalon Moore:
Freshman Year: 2.8pts, 1.9 reb, 45.2 FG%
Sophomore Year: 7.6pts, 4.7reb, 43.1 FG%

Per 40 minutes last year:

Jalen Hill: 11.8pts, 7.0 reb, 49.8 FG%
Jalon Moore: 14.8pts, 9.1 reb, 43.1 FG%

Hill obviously had a leap from his sophomore to junior year, but plateaued after that. Moore can have the same leap next year from his sophomore to junior year. It would be foolish to write him off until we see him take the court.

Jalen Hill:
---

You can tell when Porter took over. Did wonders for his career.

You can tell when Portertook over. Did wonders for his career.

BitterHeftyAiredale-max-1mb.gif

Jalen Hill:
---

Jalon Moore:
Freshman Year: 2.8pts, 1.9 reb, 45.2 FG%
Sophomore Year: 7.6pts, 4.7reb, 43.1 FG%

Per 40 minutes last year:

Jalen Hill: 11.8pts, 7.0 reb, 49.8 FG%
Jalon Moore: 14.8pts, 9.1 reb, 43.1 FG%

Hill obviously had a leap from his sophomore to junior year, but plateaued after that. Moore can have the same leap next year from his sophomore to junior year. It would be foolish to write him off until we see him take the court.

They know he’s not. Haven’t watched him one time… but they know!!!

Back