MBB TPT2 TRANSFER PORTAL THREAD 2

should get a transfer soon. Guard im hearing 6'5 shooter.

Maks

Edit: he's in the OU database

Last edited:
Well, I guess the positive spin is we had a scholarship left so may as well use it . . .

Well, I guess the positive spin is we had a scholarship left so may as well use it . . .

He is an experienced 6-5 shooter. I would say that is positive, also.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PDTScouting/status/1674858991749324858?s=20[/tweet]

Last edited by a moderator:
He is an experienced 6-5 shooter. I would say that is positive, also.

https://twitter.com/pdtscouting/status/1674858991749324858?s=46&t=Z78FxiyXpLtkE6f23BbugQ

He's played against really bad competition, so I don't know how much that experience really matters. 35% from 3 will be fine if he can replicate that, but that seems unlikely going from awful competition to the best league in the nation.

We just saw how much Jacob and Tanner struggled against bigger, better, faster athletes. Both of them have more size and came with better credentials. I would expect him to be nothing more than a 10th or 11th man, but who knows, maybe he will prove to be a nice, late addition. No harm in using the scholarship, unless he gets too much PT at the expense of better options.

With as jekyll and hyde as OU's transfers have been the past two years I don't think we should make any predictions until we see him on the court. He could be a great addition (Godwin) or he could not sniff the floor (Bamisile). Who knows. But, it does seem OU is loaded at guard so I'm not sure the reasoning of this pickup.

Last edited:

THAT is your positive statement?

I would have been all for another 4...but for my 13th scholarship if I can have a 6'5" shooter I can bring off the bench in spots for a year then I'm in

THAT is your positive statement?

I would have been all for another 4...but for my 13th scholarship if I can have a 6'5" shooter I can bring off the bench in spots for a year then I'm in

Honest question for some of you: is there ANY signing you wouldn't be on board with? This guy has played at the lowest level of D-1 possible, and was good but far from great against that competition. Some of you are acting like he shot 45% rather than 35%. I get it, he's 6'5". That means he is about the size that a lot of Big 12 wings are, but he is probably giving away quite a bit of athleticism.

I am accused of being negative, but I have praised a handful of our signings the past two years. If you can show me any examples where you have been anything other than all in on a signing, it would make your positive takes seem more credible.

Honest question for some of you: is there ANY signing you wouldn't be on board with? This guy has played at the lowest level of D-1 possible, and was good but far from great against that competition. Some of you are acting like he shot 45% rather than 35%. I get it, he's 6'5". That means he is about the size that a lot of Big 12 wings are, but he is probably giving away quite a bit of athleticism.

I am accused of being negative, but I have praised a handful of our signings the past two years. If you can show me any examples where you have been anything other than all in on a signing, it would make your positive takes seem more credible.

You literally berate EVERY guy we sign. You have zero positive things to say. I think I saw a couple of backhanded praises of McCollum. I didn't prise this one...I just think using your last spot on a guy who can shoot the three is better than nothing.....and 35% isn't elite but that is a solid 3 point %.

Every guy you talk about playing lousy competition or he played for a terrible team....but then turn around and talk up Hill who, according to your standards, played for a terrible team.

I'm not trying to be argumentative with you but you talk in double standards and try to use them to make your point, then use the same points to tear down other guys.

I don't think anyone expects this guy to be the second coming...they just hope he can contribute something but either way he is the 13th scholarship. You could use it on worse skill sets.

With as jekyll and hyde as OU's transfers have been the past two years I don't think we should make any predictions until we see him on the court. He could be a great addition (Godwin) or he could not sniff the floor (Bamisile). Who knows. But, it does seem OU is loaded at guard so I'm not sure the reasoning of this pickup.

I think the reasoning is that he’s better than practicing against a walk on. He’ll only be at OU for a year so it won’t tie it up. If he’s good to have in the locker room & improves practice then I think that’s his contribution.

It would be a lot of fun if Bob Barry was still alive and did a basketball broadcast and had to call out Maks' name. The laughs would be worth having him on the roster.

Not sure if I am categorized as a full-blown sunshine pumper but I was not enthusiastic at all about this signing. There are plenty of receipts out there, as well.

Surely hes Better than lazenby.. that guy played at the worst level there is at noc-enid or noc-tonkawa. Some losers i even played against went to those places.. this guy played at maine at least

You literally berate EVERY guy we sign. You have zero positive things to say. I think I saw a couple of backhanded praises of McCollum. I didn't prise this one...I just think using your last spot on a guy who can shoot the three is better than nothing.....and 35% isn't elite but that is a solid 3 point %.

Every guy you talk about playing lousy competition or he played for a terrible team....but then turn around and talk up Hill who, according to your standards, played for a terrible team.

I'm not trying to be argumentative with you but you talk in double standards and try to use them to make your point, then use the same points to tear down other guys.

I don't think anyone expects this guy to be the second coming...they just hope he can contribute something but either way he is the 13th scholarship. You could use it on worse skill sets.

I’ve been complimentary of every transfer this cycle except Soares, and I’m not as high on Moore as a starter as some of you. The other three guys, I’ve said good things about.

Hill played in the best conference in America. Started for three years. And the team wasn’t lousy his first two seasons. Let me think … what changed between his sophomore and junior seasons?

I’ve been complimentary of every transfer this cycle except Soares, and I’m not as high on Moore as a starter as some of you. The other three guys, I’ve said good things about.

Hill played in the best conference in America. Started for three years. And the team wasn’t lousy his first two seasons. Let me think … what changed between his sophomore and junior seasons?[/QUOTE]

His stats.....they jumped considerably....and his asking price....so he is no longer here.

By the way...I've said multiple times that I liked Hill but he was/is replaceable. We could have used him this year and he would have helped....but he chose to leave. Let's not, however, try to imply Moser wasn't a big part of Hill becoming more involved in the offense, etc.

Last edited:
By the way...I've said multiple times that I liked Hill but he was/is replaceable. We could have used him this year and he would have helped....but he chose to leave. Let's not, however, try to imply Moser wasn't a big part of Hill becoming more involved in the offense, etc.

We'll see how adequately we replaced him starting in a few months.

Roster now filled at 13 so anything new about the portal doesn't have any effect on OU anymore.

Back