"Hansbrough vs. Blake Griffin...Round 2!"

Sooner23

Reaction score
They actually started a game thread about this matchup over at Inside Carolina.

Here are the first three posts:

Post #1

They meet up today at 3:30 for, I believe, the first time since we played in the Elite 8. Its clear Blake Griffin is the better player, but he's not that great on the defensive end. All I'm hoping for is for Psycho T to hold his own against Griffin and for the love of god, DON'T GET POSTERIZED! And for anybody who would like to see this game, NBATV has a free preview going until the 23rd so enjoy all the Tar Heel NBA action you can handle for the next week.

Post #2

3 minutes into the game and both players have 2 points. Hansbrough has also drawn a charge on Griffin.

Post #3 ... 30 minutes later...

Worst announcers ever. You know Blake Griffin is a stud but these Clipper announcers are out of control Baron Davis steals the ball, they say Griffin did it. Eric Gordon makes a nice move to the basket to score and they believe Griffin scored. They seriously can't go 30 seconds without saying Griffin's name.

Post #4 ... 30 minutes later...

Blake Griffin 28 First Half points.

Post #5 ... 2 minutes later ...

Yeah so much for that....

Enjoy...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=7062678

Here's the box score the first time they met.

Blake: 23 pts 16 rebs

Hansdouche: 8 pts 6 rebs

The writing was on the wall long ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt8AtQkZEw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt8AtQkZEw&feature=related[/ame]

Tyler Hansbrough had NOTHING to do with the Tar Heels beating OU that day. It was their guards launching and making countless, moderately defended perimeter jump shots.

Anyone that attempts to try to act like Hansbrough vs. Blake is some sort of matchup needs a full psychiatric work up. Blake is already a top 10 player in the NBA, and Hansbrough is barely top 10 on his own team, at best.

So is it safe to say the Griffin/Hansbrough matchup was fairly even? Griffin scoring points, rebounding, dunking, and blocking shots, and Hansbrough drawing charges and setting solid screens?

Sounds like a standoff to me.

Funny.

I didn't know Hansborough was still in the NBA. I wonder why someone woudl not even know Hansborough is still in the NBA? Could it be that he is borderline talent at best?

Who is the fool who was saying it was about even, Blake scoring and getting rebounds and Hansfool setting screens.

Tyler Hansbrough had NOTHING to do with the Tar Heels beating OU that day. It was their guards launching and making countless, moderately defended perimeter jump shots.

Anyone that attempts to try to act like Hansbrough vs. Blake is some sort of matchup needs a full psychiatric work up. Blake is already a top 10 player in the NBA, and Hansbrough is barely top 10 on his own team, at best.

One thing that really irritates me is that a few sports columnists still continue to criticize BG, Capel, etc. for not going further in the tournament the season BG won Player of the Year. Playing UNC before the Final 4 was a terrible draw, as they had one of the best tournament performances of all-time; they demolished seemingly EVERYONE in the tournament that year.

Blake not playing vs. KU and the majority of the Texas game really derailed OU's shot at getting a 1 seed. I don't know for sure if OU would have won, but they probably win both and get a 1 seed, then who knows how far they would have gone in the tournament. I definitely think they were good enough to play in the Final 4 or vs. UNC in the Championship.

That team needed two more players. They needed a post that could score and a shooter to come off the bench. If they had that, I think they would have been able to compete with North Carolina. Even just having a great shooter off the bench would have been a big difference because OU did not have options when Crocker was cold.

One thing that really irritates me is that a few sports columnists still continue to criticize BG, Capel, etc. for not going further in the tournament the season BG won Player of the Year. Playing UNC before the Final 4 was a terrible draw, as they had one of the best tournament performances of all-time; they demolished seemingly EVERYONE in the tournament that year.

Blake not playing vs. KU and the majority of the Texas game really derailed OU's shot at getting a 1 seed.
I don't know for sure if OU would have won, but they probably win both and get a 1 seed, then who knows how far they would have gone in the tournament. I definitely think they were good enough to play in the Final 4 or vs. UNC in the Championship.

or if we dont lose to osu in the first round of the big 12 tourney.

or if we dont lose to osu in the first round of the big 12 tourney.

True, but generally its pretty difficult to beat a good team (Ok. State made it to the 2nd round of the tournament) 3 times in a season.

I don't even know if OU would have gotten a 1 seed had they beaten Ok. State and Mizzou in the Big 12 tourney that season. Perhaps they would have gotten it over Louisville, but if I remember correctly Pitt, UConn, and North Carolina's resumes were quite stronger simply because they were in a more challenging conference. OU probably would have had to win the Big 12 Tournament to get a 1 seed that year since they were without Blake during their biggest 2-game stretch of the season (Tejas & KU).

True, but generally its pretty difficult to beat a good team (Ok. State made it to the 2nd round of the tournament) 3 times in a season.

I don't even know if OU would have gotten a 1 seed had they beaten Ok. State and Mizzou in the Big 12 tourney that season. Perhaps they would have gotten it over Louisville, but if I remember correctly Pitt, UConn, and North Carolina's resumes were quite stronger simply because they were in a more challenging conference. OU probably would have had to win the Big 12 Tournament to get a 1 seed that year since they were without Blake during their biggest 2-game stretch of the season (Tejas & KU).

imo if we get to the final then we get leeway for the two losses with blake out

Back