OU @ #9 Texas Tech on ESPN+

Clean out the entire bench, start over with some talent from the portal and recruit you ass off.

This team has jumped the shark. The roster needs major turnover. They just can’t compete in the Big12. We need 10 new players.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BrianBrinkleyOK/status/1496318395171721220[/TWEET]

I was at that Texas game in 2004. At the Drum. They retired TJ Ford's number that afternoon. If memory serves, we missed our first 20 attempts from behind the arc. It was one tick below V-J Day in there when the 21st swished through the net. God, it was embarrassing.

win the next 3 ... (all possible )

and OU is likely on the good side of the bubble going to the big 12 tourney
Talk about rewarding mediocrity. Running the table against a slate of teams under .500 in the league. A scorching, three-game winning streak to pull us to an other-worldly 7-11 in the conference.

The NET is a joke.

With the evolution of the transfer portal....it doesn't need to take "a while". Look at the improvement from Iowa State....this year to last year (they won two games last year). I don't buy that excuse.

Agree completely, and they aren’t the only example. Again, Tech has more transfers than we do. Roster turnover and coaching changes shouldn’t mean an automatic, lengthy rebuild any more.

Talk about rewarding mediocrity. Running the table against a slate of teams under .500 in the league. A scorching, three-game winning streak to pull us to an other-worldly 7-11 in the conference.

The NET is a joke.

It's completely ridiculous.

Gonna be a very hard decision to fork over $250 per seat plus season ticket price next season.

With the evolution of the transfer portal....it doesn't need to take "a while". Look at the improvement from Iowa State....this year to last year (they won two games last year). I don't buy that excuse.

Coach Moser had access to the portal last offseason, and at that time, he was coming in with a lot of positive buzz and a good deal of hype from the press, and we'd seen some key players transfer. It was a perfect time to load up on solid talent in the portal (just ask Beard and the Tech coach, who did just that). We loaded up on players, but not on talent, as we've seen.

So what makes us think Coach Moser can do better in the portal this time around, coming off this season, with all the positive buzz and media hype long faded?

As for being told we need to be patient -- I turn 64 this weekend, so I don't know that I have time to be patient (I hope I do!). Moser will of course get his chance to turn things around; one season just isn't sufficient. But if he woke up one morning in a month or two and decided he'd made a mistake and took a job elsewhere, I'd be fine with that. I've seen nothing that makes me hopeful about our future prospects with him. Not a hint of good things to come. I stand ready to eat my words--heck, I'll gobble them up!--if we see a turnaround next season, but it's hard for me to picture right now.

Thank heaven for the softball team. They are bringing the fun and the joy.

Edit: I'll correct myself--I'm excited to see the three guys we have coming in, but I never count on true freshmen to make a big difference, so we're back to the call for patience again. And while it's cool that two of the guys are Top 100 players, so was CJ Noland. It's tough for freshmen to have a huge impact.

Last edited:
Some teams are killing the portal... some teams are getting killed by the portal.

With Harkless this was probably the least talented OU team in a long time. And now it's just pitiful. We may need to see a large roster turnover next year with this low amount of talent. The guard play is just awful. The lack of guards is why I thought this team was an NIT team at best. That's been proven to be right in the long run.

Coach Moser had access to the portal last offseason, and at that time, he was coming in with a lot of positive buzz and a good deal of hype from the press, and we'd seen some key players transfer. It was a perfect time to load up on solid talent in the portal (just ask Beard and the Tech coach, who did just that). We loaded up on players, but not on talent, as we've seen.

So what makes us think Coach Moser can do better in the portal this time around, coming off this season, with all the positive buzz and media hype long faded?

As for being told we need to be patient -- I turn 64 this weekend, so I don't know that I have time to be patient (I hope I do!). Moser will of course get his chance to turn things around; one season just isn't sufficient. But if he woke up one morning in a month or two and decided he'd made a mistake and took a job elsewhere, I'd be fine with that. I've seen nothing that makes me hopeful about our future prospects with him. Not a hint of good things to come. I stand ready to eat my words--heck, I'll gobble them up!--if we see a turnaround next season, but it's hard for me to picture right now.

Thank heaven for the softball team. They are bringing the fun and the joy.

Edit: I'll correct myself--I'm excited to see the three guys we have coming in, but I never count on true freshmen to make a big difference, so we're back to the call for patience again. And while it's cool that two of the guys are Top 100 players, so was CJ Noland. It's tough for freshmen to have a huge impact.

Agree 100%......this is where I am with this hire. I wanted to see improvement through the course of the season....and we haven't. Happy Birthday.:D

What wings did we get in the transfer portal vs the ones we lost? Our fans going in overlooked that wings kinda matter in college basketball.

OU had 39 points in the game before a buzzer beater 3.

39 ****ing points. That’s ridiculous. Just ****ing awful.

What wings did we get in the transfer portal vs the ones we lost? Our fans going in overlooked that wings kinda matter in college basketball.

There are ongoing convos in other threads how Alondes Williams, who was clearly misused by Lon and is now an All-American candidate at Wake Forest isn't that big a deal.... and how Jacob Groves is an NBA prospect.

There are ongoing convos in other threads how Alondes Williams, who was clearly misused by Lon and is now an All-American candidate at Wake Forest isn't that big a deal.... and how Jacob Groves is an NBA prospect.

I’d be curious to see many posts where you extolled the virtues of Alondes. I mean, since he was a JUCO, I’d figure he would have immediately been your favorite player.

Back