OU @ #9 Texas Tech on ESPN+

There are ongoing convos in other threads how Alondes Williams, who was clearly misused by Lon and is now an All-American candidate at Wake Forest isn't that big a deal.... and how Jacob Groves is an NBA prospect.

He wasn't misused, he was always lost on defense & the offense ran through Reeves. Everyone expected him to make the juco jump this year if he returned.

It’s hard to compare cj and younger groves. They play different positions. CJ is probably the better overall player but can you have him guarding a PF. Younger groves is 6-8 and can at least guard PF. CJ should be playing more, just not sure plugging him in to Jacob minutes is the answer.

Jacob cannot guard a PF, because he cannot guard anyone right now. I'd much rather see CJ guard PF's & see if he can expose them on the other end. I would've liked to have seen that with Harkless this year, I thought he did well in that role last year. Don't want him doing that the whole game, but if Hill is out I think that's the better option. I'd rather see Tanner & Chargois in the game at the same time than Jacob.

He wasn't misused, he was always lost on defense & the offense ran through Reeves. Everyone expected him to make the juco jump this year if he returned.

He showed he could be really athletic at times. He wasn't consistent. Put him on this years squad and he probably puts up similar numbers to what he's put up in Wake. Moser wasn't able to get some guards that can really score in his short time to turn over the roster. I got a feeling it'll be a lot different next year.

He showed he could be really athletic at times. He wasn't consistent. Put him on this years squad and he probably puts up similar numbers to what he's put up in Wake. Moser wasn't able to get some guards that can really score in his short time to turn over the roster. I got a feeling it'll be a lot different next year.

I don't think similar numbers at Wake because of the offense Moser runs, but definitely would be one of OU's leading scorers. Like I said, almost everyone thought he'd make a leap this year. He just wasn't ready last year to produce because of turnovers & defensive lapses.

I hope it's different, definitely need upgrades across the board.

Gut feeling, but I think Noland leaves this offseason. Probably ends up back in Texas. Houston. SMU. TCU. Somewhere like that. Maybe even aTm.

Noland is not much better, hes an overweight off guard and his face screams I want to transfer home.

Better defender
Better athlete
Better Shooter
Better at getting to the basket
Better playmaker

I don’t know one think Jacob Groves does better. I’m not being negative on Groves, but you need continuity guys like CJ for the core of your program. I do believe his weight is an issue. I believe it’s more of an issue of how Moser views him as opposed to his actual play…

Jacob cannot guard a PF, because he cannot guard anyone right now. I'd much rather see CJ guard PF's & see if he can expose them on the other end. I would've liked to have seen that with Harkless this year, I thought he did well in that role last year. Don't want him doing that the whole game, but if Hill is out I think that's the better option. I'd rather see Tanner & Chargois in the game at the same time than Jacob.

No lies told here.

I will start off by saying I hope CJ does not transfer. My wish as a fan is to see freshman stick with it and get better year to year. But, if his attitude is so bad where fans are noticing it, then I hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out if he decides to go. I get frustration, but he is just a freshman. He's not Hield or Young. But, I guess, if he wants, he can transfer down a level and have a decent career somewhere else. See Phipps or Bienemy.

And I'm willing to give the coaches a pass on Johnson. It was obviously a risk bringing him in, but it's not too much to ask for an adult to get his crap straight and play basketball from the get go. It took him till January to get to a point where Moser could play him, then he got hurt. We'll never really know what he could have done. I think Mawein could be a player if he puts in the work in the offseason.

It is a testament of Self Determination and perseverance that Marvin Johnson is a student athlete at OU. No one understands that more then Marv.

All Moser had to do was ask Any AAU coach in Oklahoma to understand that Moser/OU was not a good fit.

The guy that recruited him worked for Mussleman who is all about guys like Marv.

We have seen posts questioning the "attitudes" of players before, and they were generally based on next to nothing -- facial expressions, hunches, rumors, etc. I would hope we could stop pointing fingers at and predicting transfers for CJ. He has, as far as I've seen, done nothing to deserve such pronouncements. Even if he leaves (it's such a huge, unfounded leap to be predicting his departure), it doesn't mean he had a bad attitude -- it could just mean he and Moser proved to be a bad fit. CJ was all about our previous coach, so whatever happens, we should be grateful that he gave his replacement the benefit of the doubt and stayed with his commitment to OU and for pete's sake stop with all this "bad attitude" gossip.

We have seen posts questioning the "attitudes" of players before, and they were generally based on next to nothing -- facial expressions, hunches, rumors, etc. I would hope we could stop pointing fingers at and predicting transfers for CJ. He has, as far as I've seen, done nothing to deserve such pronouncements. Even if he leaves (it's such a huge, unfounded leap to be predicting his departure), it doesn't mean he had a bad attitude -- it could just mean he and Moser proved to be a bad fit. CJ was all about our previous coach, so whatever happens, we should be grateful that he gave his replacement the benefit of the doubt and stayed with his commitment to OU and for pete's sake stop with all this "bad attitude" gossip.

I agree that it’s dangerous to try to interpret body language. He may well be upset he isn’t playing more, and also should be upset we are losing games left and right. That doesn’t necessarily mean he is thinking of leaving. Everyone has different ways of showing/not showing emotion.

Back