OU @ #9 Texas Tech on ESPN+

OK so what scenario can we still make the tournament?

win the next 3 ... (all possible )

and OU is likely on the good side of the bubble going to the big 12 tourney

then one win there and OU is in

Sit your starters the rest of this game. Get the bench some run.

I don’t know if I want to see this team in the tournament. It’s embarrassing

Cortes snaps the 19-0 run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Mosers team would be mentally tough

Agree. This has been a very discouraging season. I’m struggling to come up with anything this team does well. Our defense is rated lower than last season, notwithstanding all the folks who bashed Lon’s defenses. Our rebounding hasn’t gotten better in a meaningful way. The offense can’t score against Big 12 teams. The turnovers are absolutely embarrassing. And we definitely lack mental toughness. What exactly does this team hang its hat on?

Secure roster spots next year:

Oweh
Uzan
Schroder

Slightly kidding.

Agree. This has been a very discouraging season. I’m struggling to come up with anything this team does well. Our defense is rated lower than last season, notwithstanding all the folks who bashed Lon’s defenses. Our rebounding hasn’t gotten better in a meaningful way. The offense can’t score against Big 12 teams. The turnovers are absolutely embarrassing. And we definitely lack mental toughness. What exactly does this team hang its hat on?

Losing close games?

He made runs in tourney doing these things well, I'm very discouraged with the last two games.

I'm not going to beat up on Moser too much, he had to scrap to put a team on the floor and we're .500 in the toughest conference in American and (with Harkless) capable of beating basically any team in the league on a good night. We could also lose to any team in the league (with Harkless) as well.

With that being said, we really don't have one starting caliber B12 player on the entire team, so he's going to have some hard decisions and conversations with some of these kids in the off-season. He really needs to recruit over every single player on the team and make it a competition.

I'm willing to give him a pass until he gets his kids into his system, but it's pretty obvious and clear we need a complete and utter cleanse of the roster, save for very few players. To me, it's Cortes, Noland, Tanner and that's about it, no one else deserves a rotation spot that can't be taken by someone else. I mean, I can only watch (not watch) Hill take 6 shots a game for so many years.

Back