Harkless and Gibson

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Harkless is averaging 18.3 and Gibson is averaging 16. Both are on average teams, but I think we would be NCAA contenders with them. A lineup of Harkless, Gibson, and Sherfield, with Hill at the 4 would have been nice.

OU lost these guys to programs that were lesser on paper.

Harkless is averaging 18.3 and Gibson is averaging 16. Both are on average teams, but I think we would be NCAA contenders with them. A lineup of Harkless, Gibson, and Sherfield, with Hill at the 4 would have been nice.

Personally, I was a big Harkless fan, especially Lon's last year. Sometimes last season, I thought Harkless dribbled too much. Not on the level of Tanner Groves :)facepalm) but still too much.

Do yourself a favor and look at harkless's shooting percentages

Gibson would be nice to have because this team desperately needs another guard to be a consistent shooter. Harkless is whatever as a player.

I've read multiple times that Sherfield does not come to OU if Gibson stayed. If that's the case, that's a wash at best. What we needed were the returning players to ALL improve, and Jalen Hill was about the only one who did. We also needed Joe Bam to be an impact newcomer - never materialized. It's just been a rotten season all around.

I know it's MO State, and the competition is vastly different, but Mason is ballin' man. Imagine him playing instead of Noland or more appropriately, Cortes.

I think you could also look at the portal misses or ones they didn't try hard for. Like Tyreke Key who isn't having immense success at Tennessee this year, personally, but would have likely been a better fit at OU oppo Sherfield.

Ah, doesn't matter much though. Just have to focus on rebuilding THIS OFFSEASON and getting way more right than the last two offseasons.

Harkless and Gibson would obviously be starters on this team and OU would be significantly better with them.

Do yourself a favor and look at harkless's shooting percentages

Absolutely oh stellar one. 40 percent…. The guy who took his place averages7 points on 43 percent and has stellar defense to boot. Glad he’s gone….

Harkless and Gibson would obviously be starters on this team and OU would be significantly better with them.

Harkless lost his starting spot last season and the team took off after his injury. I’ll never understand all the love for him. Good role player two years ago, tried to be a hero last season and was a disaster. It’s baffling that people think he would be a difference maker for us.

Harkless lost his starting spot last season and the team took off after his injury. I’ll never understand all the love for him. Good role player two years ago, tried to be a hero last season and was a disaster. It’s baffling that people think he would be a difference maker for us.

Seriously? You think a guy who averaged 10ppg, tough defender, good size, experienced in the Big 12, etc would not be a difference maker? We've got freaking Bijan Cortes, Jacob Groves, etc out there and you don't think Harkless would make a difference? Years of experience in the Big 12 alone is a big deal, but the dude produces.

12 points, 9 rebounds against WVU
19 points, 6 rebounds against ISU
7 points, 7 rebounds against Tech
8 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists against KSU
16 points, 10 rebounds against Mizzou
14 points, 7 rebounds against Kansas
19 points, 3 rebounds against Texas
15 points, 5 rebounds, 5 steals against OSU
21 points, 7 rebounds against Kansas State
21 points, 11 rebounds against Arkansas
24 points, 3 rebounds against SDSU (ranked)
33 points, 8 rebounds against Wyoming
27 points, 4 rebounds against Fresno
28 points, 8 rebounds against Wyoming
25 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists against New Mexico (ranked)
19 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists against Southern Miss
24 points, 6 rebounds against Dayton (ranked)

OU has Bijan Cortes, CJ Noland, Benny Schroeder, Jacob Groves, Joe Bam, etc out there doing nothing... and as good as Uzan is gonna be averages 6 points a game and is nowhere near as impactful as Harkless was, even on his best day.

Seriously? You think a guy who averaged 10ppg, tough defender, good size, experienced in the Big 12, etc would not be a difference maker? We've got freaking Bijan Cortes, Jacob Groves, etc out there and you don't think Harkless would make a difference? Years of experience in the Big 12 alone is a big deal, but the dude produces.

12 points, 9 rebounds against WVU
19 points, 6 rebounds against ISU
7 points, 7 rebounds against Tech
8 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists against KSU
16 points, 10 rebounds against Mizzou
14 points, 7 rebounds against Kansas
19 points, 3 rebounds against Texas
15 points, 5 rebounds, 5 steals against OSU
21 points, 7 rebounds against Kansas State
21 points, 11 rebounds against Arkansas
24 points, 3 rebounds against SDSU (ranked)
33 points, 8 rebounds against Wyoming
27 points, 4 rebounds against Fresno
28 points, 8 rebounds against Wyoming
25 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists against New Mexico (ranked)
19 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists against Southern Miss
24 points, 6 rebounds against Dayton (ranked)

OU has Bijan Cortes, CJ Noland, Benny Schroeder, Jacob Groves, Joe Bam, etc out there doing nothing... and as good as Uzan is gonna be averages 6 points a game and is nowhere near as impactful as Harkless was, even on his best day.

I think he was one of the most overrated players we have had. Poor shooter, terrible ball handler, bad decision maker, and it was no coincidence the team improved significantly after he was out. He has played four years of college ball so of course you can pick out 15 or 20 games where he put up good numbers. I could counter with many more where his numbers sucked, and you also conveniently omit shooting percentage and turnover numbers. Sure, he would be fine as a sixth man, but he wasn’t satisfied with that and wanted to be an offensive star. He has the green light to shoot 18 times a game at Vegas. Even Moser wasn’t clueless enough to let him do that, so he transferred down.

Gibson and Sherfield is a wash. Harkless is better than Noland, Bam & Oweh this season. He would absolutely help this team. He would be frustrating, but that's been the story of this season anyway. The ceiling is higher for Bam and Oweh though.

Ou sure could use Mo Gibson. He and Sherfield would have been a dynamic duo. Terribly short-sighted on gibson’s part imo.

Back