Harrison Barnes reflects on Oklahoma visit

Henzo

Reaction score
Athletic talent aside, there may be no more impressive high school individual in the country than Ames, Iowa superstar Harrison Barnes. When you factor in his standing as the top basketball player in the 2010 recruiting class, the man is in a class by himself. The red carpet was rolled out in Norman, Okla. this past weekend when this supremely talented athlete made his visit to the University of Oklahoma campus. He was not only making the visit for fun and games, though. He sought to become as informed as possible about what being a business student-athlete at OU would encompass.

Link: Nation's top recruit reflects on Oklahoma

maybe the best recruiting job capel has done regardless if he gets this kid.

Henzo,

Great job getting an interview with Harrison. I know that cannot have been easy.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high with Barnes, but it's hard not to at this point. Thanks for the update.

He seems to have really enjoyed his visit... With the coaching staffs ability to entertain on these visits I see no reason why we won't sign one of the big recruits we have had or are gonna have for visits/../ ie... Lamb, barnes, mcallum, jones

Look at OUHoops.com getting the big fish! What an impressive young man. Thanks as always, Zo.

Henzo, you are the man! Just when I thought you set the bar, so high.... you just raise it that much higher!

“I would say just making sure that I’m able to trust the coach that I’m going to play for,” he said. “I’d also say having a great business school and a great basketball team with a chance to win a National Championship. Just having a great relationship with the coach and a good vibe with the players.”

This is what concerns me. Don't get me wrong, the Price College of Business is a good school, I even graduated from it, but probably not in the same league as Duke. Also, National Championship is definitely something within reach at OU with classes like we are pulling but a place like UNC is expected to be in the big game. Sounds like a great kid and I would do backflips all the way home if he committed but I don't want to get my hopes up. Atleast we have a coach that the players really get along with.

This is what concerns me. Don't get me wrong, the Price College of Business is a good school, I even graduated from it, but probably not in the same league as Duke. Also, National Championship is definitely something within reach at OU with classes like we are pulling but a place like UNC is expected to be in the big game.

UNC has a top 10 undergraduate business school and top 10 finance program as well. Duke's MBA school is more highly regarded than its undergraduate program (not top 10, but still very good).

UNC has a top 10 undergraduate business school and top 10 finance program as well. Duke's MBA school is more highly regarded than its undergraduate program (not top 10, but still very good).

Are we seriously talking about the effect of the business schools of a more-than-likely one and done guy? I think at the very most Barnes stays, wherever he goes, 2 years. He is that good.

So, IMO, his decision will come down more to basketball than academics. I think that who commits before he decides will have an effect on him too. If say a Terrence Jones and a Doron Lamb also commit to OU, then you have TMG coming back and hopefully/probably Tiny I think OU has a real shot!!!

They should of had Sam show him the Price School of Business. I think we have a chance at Barnes, but its slim. If you were at the UNC campus being recruited by R.Williams, during their former players game and got to meet Jordan and all the others, and you were already leaning towards the tarheels, wouldn't you have committed. Since Barnes hasn't, I give Capel a chance. But, I think Duke has the best shot.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

“Later I played a little pickup with the guys. I was really impressed with how Willie has improved over the summer. Him and the resurgence of Tony Crocker.

“Tony is playing some great basketball right now.”

If that's true, that would be some good news :)

I'm sure he's not making it up. I think we have a lot to look forward to, even though it's a young team. NC is difficult to go up against BUT all the recruits are different and the vibe they get is often as important as the tradition.

Back