Here's what I'd like to see

SilliSooner

Reaction score
A line-up pg Tiny, Drew, WW, Cade and Pledge
then I'd want to take advantage of our heft early in the game
For instance, I want Willie driving to the basket early while using Tiny and Fitz as high picks. Hard picks, enough to punish Willie's defender early in the game.

From that, pick and roll or pick and pop. I don't want Willie jacking early. I'd rather shake up his defenders by making them running into 290#.

If Cade or Pledge's defenders help out on Willie, then they're open.

Sounds like a good lineup to me. I'm not sure how you take TMG out, but Cade would handle the two guard just fine and allow Willie do exactly what you suggest. I think Willie would play better in that role rather than trying to be the entire offense.

The bottom line, I believe, is the five starters on the floor right now just don't seem to mesh well.

Not enough ball-handling with that line up!

C'mon Red, we both know that's exactly the problem: too much dribbling, not enough sharp passes, players being too hesitant to shoot. Cade is one of the best passers on the team and Pledge is the quickest shooter.

I want our two best offensive rebounders on the floor plus our best wing rebounders (which don't include Crock and TMG). Plus, we need to use our beef to intimidate the other team. If Willie is any kind of point guard (and if he expects to start in the NBA he'll have to play point) he'll love the op to run his defenders into Tiny and Drew. Hard pick 'em to the point they give him the lane.

If we want any kind of effeciency we can't be a team that dribbles against a zone rather than passing and popping. When you have Crock, Willie and TMG on the floor we waste a ton of dribbles.

Sounds like a good lineup to me. I'm not sure how you take TMG out, but Cade would handle the two guard just fine and allow Willie do exactly what you suggest. I think Willie would play better in that role rather than trying to be the entire offense.

The bottom line, I believe, is the five starters on the floor right now just don't seem to mesh well.

TMG would be first off the bench to spell either Cade, Pledge or Willie. He has the advantage of studying the defense. Crock second off the bench with main goal of stopping their hot wing.

Through most of the first half the team looked as good as it had all year. During that time it was mostly the line-up I envisioned - Cade and Pledger, plus Willie at point plus two bigs. When we went away from this line-up we started faltering.

WW needs to stay at the point with the idea of penetrating and either scoring or dishing.

We need Cade and Pledger on the floor together. They compliment Willie well by being good shooters. Tiny in the lineup allows even better spacing. I don't care who #5 is--Crocker, Fitz, or Allen--whoever we need based on the opponent.

Back