How former Sooners are doing across the D-1 landscape

Sam

Reaction score
Saw some of these guys listed in another thread and I decided to look up their stats this year.

Orlando Allen at Marshall
Played in 24 games
10.6 minutes, 1.6 points, 2.5 rebounds

Chris Early at Chattanooga
Played in 25 games
24.5 minutes, 9.1 points, 43% FG, 32% 3, 6.3 rebounds, 1.1 assists,

Tony Neysmith at Auburn
Played in 23 games
16.3 minutes, 2.6 points, 21% FT, 1.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists

Juan Pattillo at Western Kentucky
Played in 22 games
29.8 minutes, 14.3 points, 50% FG, 9.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.7 blocks

Ray Willis is sitting the season out at North Carolina Central

Who is Chris Early? I don't remember him being a sooner. I can't seem to find him as a recruit on rivals from 2006- current.

How in the hell does one shoot 21% from the free throw line?

That might be the funniest stat ive ever seen...the guy cant even shoot it without anyone guarding him better than a 30% clip...

i dont know about kicking it up there...but i dang sure know i can shoot it better than that with my off hand...maybe even behind my back...

Who is Chris Early? I don't remember him being a sooner. I can't seem to find him as a recruit on rivals from 2006- current.

I think he was one of Capel's first recruits. He didn't even make it to the beginning of the season before he was booted.

He never really was. His time in Norman was shorter than TJ Taylor's.

He signed with OU in 2007 or 2008. Was from West Virginia. He showed up and was promptly booted from the team within the first few months of arriving in Norman. It seems like Capel didn't do his homework when recruiting him.

How in the hell does one shoot 21% from the free throw line?

That stat reminds me of the dude who thought he could shoot free throws at halftime of one of the earlier games this season. I felt bad for him cause he was old and after like 30 misses in a row his arm quit working.

He signed with OU in 2007 or 2008. Was from West Virginia. He showed up and was promptly booted from the team within the first few months of arriving in Norman. It seems like Capel didn't do his homework when recruiting him.

Maybe you should figure out why he was booted before making statements like these

If JC keeps him on the team then people complain that he's too much like say...TRAVIS FRIGGIN FORD!!!!

If JC keeps him on the team then people complain that he's too much like say...TRAVIS FRIGGIN FORD!!!!

No...I complain because he recruited them in the first place. He's very right to boot them from the team, and that's not the problem. The problem is why didn't somebody check into his background and get to know the kid better in the first place?

From the Oklahoman

NORMAN — Dismissed Oklahoma basketball player Chris Early was arrested early last Friday morning on trespassing charges, according to a police report.

Early, an incoming freshman from Huntington, W.Va., was cited for trespassing at a Norman fitness club at approximately 12:30 a.m. Friday, according to the police report, which lists the arresting officer as a private citizen. The manager of Sooner Fitness could not be reached for comment Monday night.

OU coach Jeff Capel announced Early's dismissal in a press release Sunday afternoon. An OU official said again Monday that the team will make no further comment on the situation.

It is not known if the trespassing charge was Early's only disciplinary issue since arriving in Norman early last month.

Questions about Early's character followed the young player during the recruiting process last summer, though he had never been charged with any crimes.

Early previously commented that people in Huntington doubted his ability to maintain focus and stay in college.

"A lot of people knew I was good but didn't think I was (Division I) good,” Early told the Huntington Herald-Dispatch after committing to Oklahoma in June 2006. "They didn't think I had the desire or the drive to achieve what I wanted and get good grades, or that I could stay out of trouble.”

No...I complain because he recruited them in the first place. He's very right to boot them from the team, and that's not the problem. The problem is why didn't somebody check into his background and get to know the kid better in the first place?

So, maybe we should hire "Carnac the Magnificent"????:confused:

Back