How former Sooners are doing across the D-1 landscape

All the stars these guys had. They ended up being way overrated. Sam would have probably thrown Cannon in there if he could have found him. Maze and Patillo are the only guys to have half way decent post sooner careers and Maze was a career backup. But Oklahoma kids have to jump hoops to get OU to consider them.

I think, especially now, the lack of Oklahoma kids has to do with scholarship limits...it used to 15. Before the rule change, you could hand out some schollies to projects and let them develop over 2-3 years. Now, with early departures being the name of game for teams with talent and the transfer bug going around, you need players who you think can play right away.

From what I gathered, he came in and got off to a bad start. With the Maze situation the staff was trying to clean things up on the team so they decided to give him the boot.

All the stars these guys had. They ended up being way overrated. Sam would have probably thrown Cannon in there if he could have found him. Maze and Patillo are the only guys to have half way decent post sooner careers and Maze was a career backup. But Oklahoma kids have to jump hoops to get OU to consider them.

Maze started 64 of 71 games at Tennessee and 36 of 37 as a senior. I would not call that a career backup. He also had a 2-1 asst-t.o. ratio for his UT career and shot 83% FT as a senior. I'm not saying JC should have kept him around but I'd give anything to have that kind of production from our pg spot now.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/maze_bobby00.html

Based on facebook status creeping he is in Europe somewhere.

Maze started 64 of 71 games at Tennessee and 36 of 37 as a senior. I would not call that a career backup. He also had a 2-1 asst-t.o. ratio for his UT career and shot 83% FT as a senior. I'm not saying JC should have kept him around but I'd give anything to have that kind of production from our pg spot now.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/maze_bobby00.html

I believe Maze is on record (I read it somewhere) as taking most all the blame for his departure from OU. That's says volumes...

Back