How much of an impact did Taylor Griffin have?

Taylor would be great for this team and a good inside threat but I'm not sure if he would change us to a good defense all the sudden. He wasn't that intimidating a guy inside like his brother was and that's more of what we need help with from an inside guy. Taylor would basically be another Crocker on this team right now. Maybe a little longer on defense.

I will also point out that we miss Taylor's senior leadership, far more than I ever imagined. This team has no leader (zip, nada), and it couldn't have come at a worse time for a very young team.
I am surprised it took 11 posts to mention his leadership, that is by far what I miss most about him. His attitude, leadership and work ethic would do wonders for this team.

Like every other player on last year's team, Taylor was able to do things alot easier because of Blake. Weakside rebounds and dunks because of teams doubling Blake made Taylor much more effective. So while I do think Taylor could help this team team (at least he could start at the 4 and enable Crocker to play on the perimeter), he would not have nearly the same impact as he did playing alongside his brother. If you look at last season's games where BG was either hurt or in foul trouble, Taylor's numbers were very minimal.

All that being said, Taylor could still help more than anyone than Tiny playing on the frontline this season. I don't include Tony in this group as I think he is doing more than can be asked of him at this position.

Last edited:
Some of you are on glue the guy is on a NBA roster and played the 4 in college. The 4 is the weakest link on this team, we have a guard playing the 4 right now. Good grief folks. Crocker is not the weakest link he is just playing out of position.

Some of you are on glue the guy is on a NBA roster and played the 4 in college. The 4 is the weakest link on this team, we have a guard playing the 4 right now. Good grief folks. Crocker is not the weakest link he is just playing out of position.

I disagree. The 5 is the weakest link. Tiny should be a 4 with his shooting ability, and to a lesser degree, the fact that he doesn't have "center" size.

And as another poster said, it's really hard to judge how players would play on a team without Blake, when we only saw them as an upper classman WITH Blake. Blake made things so easy on guys, especially last year.

And it's hard to measure what kind of leadership Taylor might provide. He wasn't a real vocal guy, and he wouldn't be the top 2-3 offensive weapon on the team (prefer leaders who are best players). I don't dismiss that he'd provide some leadership, I just don't think the team as a whole learns to play defense b/c he is on the court.

I think we missed Patillo more than Griffin. We never filled his void.

LOL - Taylor is in the NBA not sure what patillo is doing that is insane

First off we could realistically have Patillo back because he had a year of eligibility. And he's more of an inside player. Taylor is just a big 3.

First off we could realistically have Patillo back because he had a year of eligibility. And he's more of an inside player. Taylor is just a big 3.
Juan was an undersized 4 as well, he just happened to have pogo sticks for legs.

He was the leader of our team last year

I'm not sure if he was the 2nd leader on our team but he was a bigger leader than anyone on this roster. Blake and AJ were the leaders of our team last year.

I'm not sure if he was the 2nd leader on our team but he was a bigger leader than anyone on this roster. Blake and AJ were the leaders of our team last year.

Taylor was the one who could get onto Blake. Not saying Blake needed it, but Taylor was the glue for last year's team

LOL - Taylor is in the NBA not sure what patillo is doing that is insane

And Taylor is in the NBA, and Ace isn't, but I'd still rather have Ace.

Ridiculous that people still use the NBA-tag as the reason Taylor meant so much to last year's team. Come on guys. That is silly. Making the NBA doesn't make you a better college player than somebody who doesn't. Not even close.

And Taylor is in the NBA, and Ace isn't, but I'd still rather have Ace.

Ridiculous that people still use the NBA-tag as the reason Taylor meant so much to last year's team. Come on guys. That is silly. Making the NBA doesn't make you a better college player than somebody who doesn't. Not even close.

I only see 1 person referring to the NBA. I could care less whether he is now, I know where he was last year and what he meant to this team!

Back