How to fix this team

hoopsaustin

Reaction score
1. Encourage hardrick, Allen, Willis to transfer

2. Let's find out the facts on gallon and if he has an attitude next year and boot his ass if he is a discipline problem

3. With those three gone up top we need to replace them with actual d-1 players

4. I hope WW goes pro.. IMO he is the root of all of these problems.. He should be the leader and apparently he is too immature so I want his attitude gone discuss

I don't think we would have to start. Remember, Gerber is graduating.

2. Let's find out the facts on gallon and if he has an attitude next year and boot his ass if he is a discipline problem

4. I hope WW goes pro.. IMO he is the root of all of these problems.. He should be the leader and apparently he is too immature so I want his attitude gone discuss

Pull everyones ship but TMG and Cade. Get a monster recruiting class of 10 fresh new bodies.

I agree with all but number 4 partially. I don't see how you can blame Willie for the numerous times that guys like Tiny and TMG have missed multiple practices, skipped team meetings, and not even counting the boneheaded decision by Fitz and Pledger. Does Willie have attitude problems yes but not lets get overboard here saying he is the root of everything that has gone on.

I hope Capel learns how to recruit parts to make a team better and not just highly recruited players.

great points. I have no idea why Willis is even on scholarship. He's by far the worst player I've ever seen. He contributes absolutey nothing.

your point #4 hit the nail on the head. I think he's the problem

As much as i love willie, i think you might be right dude.

1) we need a vocal leader... I don't think capel is an intimidating vocal leader nor do I think anyone on the team is
2) stop running 4 guard offense... Need to get 2 pf and a center so we can run traditionally plays... If we do this our defense should improve just from being able to get more rebounds

Willie needs to come back. His draft stock has really fallen. In fact, he may not even be drafted. He needs to come back to OU for another season if he wants to play in the NBA.

This is the best thread I have ever read. Willie is a cancer, Keith is terrible. We have 2 guys on scholarship that have played maybe a combined 20 minutes all year. We need fresh bodies badly.

At the very least Hardrick, Allen and Willis need to go. I realize that's not "nice", but we simply cannot have 3 wasted scholarships sitting there for years.

At the very least Hardrick, Allen and Willis need to go. I realize that's not "nice", but we simply cannot have 3 wasted scholarships sitting there for years.

Agree on Hardrick and Willis, but Allen isn't going anywhere for 1 big reason. He will be a senior next year. Kinda pointless to transfer imo. He would def have to move down in competition so he could play next year but is that really worth it to play one season? I dont hink he will do it.

What did Willie do today that hurt this team? Yes I know the behind the scenes stuff but honestly I think him being a cancer is overrated. He's not near the problem. We don't play team defense and we don't have a post game on offense.

I agree but it depends on if he comes back. Unlike many on this board I don't think he is the sole reason why this team is in shambles. There are numerous issues that have happened and blaming him is the easiest thing to do it seems.

What did Willie do today that hurt this team? Honestly I think him being a cancer is overrated. He's not near the problem. We don't play team defense and we don't have a post game on offense.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

The things WW has done off the court, you know about. How can his teammates respect him? How can they LIKE him? How can you have a good team when nobody likes or respects your best player? He and TMG can't play together. They both need the ball in their hands to be "good". Willie's attitude was a major contributor to that very problem earlier this year. Warren is probably the worst defender of all the guards that start. Where would Willie's head be if he did come back?

Maybe some of the above works itself out, but I certainly doubt it all does. Like I said last week, IMO, he and Tiny both need to move on. That would be the best thing that could happen next year, ASSUMING we can land another impact recruit or two. Capel should be recruiting the JUCO's super hard right now. Sign the first kids that will commit. We can't afford to miss out.

I agree with all but number 4 partially. I don't see how you can blame Willie for the numerous times that guys like Tiny and TMG have missed multiple practices, skipped team meetings, and not even counting the boneheaded decision by Fitz and Pledger. Does Willie have attitude problems yes but not lets get overboard here saying he is the root of everything that has gone on.

I truly believe that if he commanded these other players to be smart to be accountable to bot be selfish I really think we are in fourth place

This is the best thread I have ever read. Willie is a cancer, Keith is terrible. We have 2 guys on scholarship that have played maybe a combined 20 minutes all year. We need fresh bodies badly.

:woot

Back