I miscalculated this team and Capel

Big Old Booger

Reaction score
I'm here to eat crow. The win last night tells me we can win at least 3 more games maybe 4. Capel has shown me something this year and I have to give it up to him and the team.
:clap

I'm here to eat crow. The win last night tells me we can win at least 3 more games maybe 4. Capel has shown me something this year and I have to give it up to him and the team.

Looks like you're not the only one who is eating crow. Of course, the dish you get should be a little bigger than the rest of us serves up. :ez-laugh:

Seriously, it takes a real man to admit when he's wrong. I have aleady taken my lumps on another thread. But the truth is, this team has come a long way in the last couple of weeks. Guess we should have listened to those who said this might happen.

Nice post!

The most encouraging thing about this team and Capel is even though we are extremely young, running mainly freshmen and sophs with new faces everywhere is that we are becoming tough.

With every passing game we become less fragile. When things don't go our way get less rattled and are more likely to shake it off.

The things I am seeing are making me more excited about next year and the year after. If things keep going this direction and Osby, Goff and other future additions have the same character & work ethic and progress the way our current group has ...

We might field one of the best teams in OU history in 2 years and might be sweet 16 caliber next season. I look at the Big XII right now and other than Texas and Kansas I don't see anybody clearly cut above us and I can see us being at their level as early as next year.

This team is a lot better than we thought. Truth is, we are winning and still coming up short in some areas we can definitely improve in.

I think we are all happy for the guys to be playing better. Now we at least have hope of winning a few more games.
I think the biggest thing for me was the fact the the guys never quit. Not long ago after blowing that kind of lead I think we lose by 10+. Not last night, they just dug in and kept working and it paid off. Congrats to all the players, enjoy it today and start working on Baylor....they will be a much tougher team than ISU. Although winning on the road was a BID accomplishment for these guys. Now we just have to build on it.

We have a stretch coming up that will be hard to win any games. The next 2 are the best chance to win till March. Last year we started 4-4 ended 4-12. I think we have a good shot at winning our next 2. Baylor struggles on the road, Oklahoma State just doesn't have the guards to compete in the Big 12 consistently. We have a chance to win those. After that it'll be real tough to win any games till we finish off with Tech who is playing better right now also. And end the season against OSU.

Gotta give you credit Booger for owning up.:clap

Good stuff BOB and Ada. I just hope that we see continued improvement. Turning out to be a fun group of guys to watch. They fight, and that is exactly what we needed last yr....

We have a stretch coming up that will be hard to win any games. The next 2 are the best chance to win till March. Last year we started 4-4 ended 4-12. I think we have a good shot at winning our next 2. Baylor struggles on the road, Oklahoma State just doesn't have the guards to compete in the Big 12 consistently. We have a chance to win those. After that it'll be real tough to win any games till we finish off with Tech who is playing better right now also. And end the season against OSU.

I thought we could win a few games.... I was one of the 3 or 4 in that poll that thought we could win 6 or more... But like stated above, we are going to lose some games, and that will be another test on how we respond.

I just hope we keep improving..

Seriously, it takes a real man to admit when he's wrong.

That's what I've been trying to tell Booger, but he wouldn't listen to me. Anyhow, great post, Booger (and to a lesser degree, Ada).

OU is definitely improving but I doubt OU will post a winning Big XII record this season. This has been a very strange season. Other ku Texas it is hard to know what a team is going to do.

OU is definitely improving but I doubt OU will post a winning Big XII record this season. This has been a very strange season. Other ku Texas it is hard to know what a team is going to do.

Big XII is just not that good this year...period.

Good thread bob. It's gonna be key for all of us to remember that there are still going to be growing pains and some times that we are gonna cringe, but there's also going to be solid stretches that would not have been possible without the hard work Coach and the team have invested.

We've just gotta remember that we need to rally around these guys at this time and hope that they continue to work as hard as they've shown us. They deserve and need every ounce of our support!

Sure glad I've kept my mouth shut these last few weeks/months. Although, that may have been due more to the depression than anything else. Looks like I can ease back on my med dosages some.

Sure glad I've kept my mouth shut these last few weeks/months. Although, that may have been due more to the depression than anything else. Looks like I can ease back on my med dosages some.

Now that's funny.

:ez-roll:

I'm glad we're 11-9 and 3-3 in conference, but let's not act like we've accomplished something. Even if we win three more games, we're still going to finish with a losing record. I'll eat crow when this team qualifies for the NIT.

Big XII is just not that good this year...period.

That is not what the computers say. I think the Big XII has two really good teams and a bunch of competitive teams. I bet the conference gets six in the tournament, has three in the sweet sixteen, two in the great eight and one in the final four.

I'm glad we're 11-9 and 3-3 in conference, but let's not act like we've accomplished something. Even if we win three more games, we're still going to finish with a losing record. I'll eat crow when this team qualifies for the NIT.

I'd say we've accomplished something. We're only two wins away from last years win total, with a team that we all thought wouldn't or even couldn't reach that mark. This season has been much brighter than any of us expected and I am extremely proud of this team.

Back