If anybody wants to see KC Ross-Miller play

soonerczech

Reaction score
His team is playing in a tourney @ Millwood. I think they may be the late game tonight @ 8 something. They played Capitol Hill yesterday evening and beat them by 6 or 7. Coach Tuley thought the youngest guy on the team is probably 18 and probably KC. I haven't seen the stats from the game, so I don't know how well he played, but he is a possible recruit to add as a back-up for TMG. I don't know OU's interest level in him right now though.

His team is playing in a tourney @ Millwood. I think they may be the late game tonight @ 8 something. They played Capitol Hill yesterday evening and beat them by 6 or 7. Coach Tuley thought the youngest guy on the team is probably 18 and probably KC. I haven't seen the stats from the game, so I don't know how well he played, but he is a possible recruit to add as a back-up for TMG. I don't know OU's interest level in him right now though.

Now his prep school had an undergrad program and a post grad program. KC has played for the undergrad program for the last few years while some other prospects play for the post grad. They are not a part of the UIL which means they dont have to play by those rules. In essence, they barnstorm different tournaments around the country and get in the national christian school tourny in memphis at the end of the season.

any schedules of tonights games?

I don't know the exact schedule for the rest of the games, I'll have to ask my wife when she gets back later this afternoon. They just have some weird poster and write in the winners and times. The whole tourney champ. is tomorrow in the evening I think. Looks like it may be Star Spencer vs. God's Academy. That could be a really good game to watch, but who knows, they may play tonight.

Star Spencer will handle God's academy. Hell of a matchup between Talley and Ross-Miller. If he's able to keep up with Talley, that will say alot about him. Talley might be the best guard in the state.

I'll get a look at Star Spencer next Tues. 12/15 when they come into Capitol Hill. Redskins have lost some heartbreakers to SS the past couple of times, I think they lost at a lay-up as the clock expired last season @ Spencer. CHHS doesn't have much if any low-post presence this year, but they do have a number of 6'5 guys.

If you have an opportunity, be sure to make it out to see him play. Ross-Miller is a VERY impressive player. I loved watching him distribute the basketball as a sophomore and his scoring game has REALLY developed since then. He's definitely a fun player to watch, and a guy who I expect to see sign with a major collegiate program in the spring.

Henzo, any chance that OU makes any kind of late push for him? Aside from TJ, we seem to be pretty thin at PG next season. I saw on GA website that they have KC's stats listed as 29.9 pts 3 Rebs. 9 Asst / game.

Last edited:
To me he is alot like Andre Miller of a Scotty Reynolds although Reynolds is a better shooter. He is not very explosive, but is very crafty.

Henzo, any chance that OU makes any kind of late push for him? Aside from TJ, we seem to be pretty thin at PG next season. I saw on GA website that they have KC's stats listed as 29.9 pts 3 Rebs. 9 Asst / game.
Not Henzo but from what I've read KC and his father both seem really interested in going somewhere he can get a lot of PT early. Could be wrong but that is just the impression I get from him so I don't think he is that interested in OU because of TMG.

Hard to tell. When K.C. originally made his decision it was between Oklahoma and Kentucky. I know K.C.'s father (and coach) has a lot of respect for coach Capel and his program, but it seems to me they are looking for a place where K.C. can play immediately and he is good enough to do that somewhere.

DM is right. He's not the most athletic point guard, but he is certainly crafty. At the collegiate level he's going to be more of a distributor who will shoot when he has the open shot. He's not a great penetrating point guard at the next level, because he simply lacks that first step quickness.

I say all of that, because I don't see where he would fit in with Oklahoma. I don't doubt the Sooners would LOVE to bring him in as a backup point guard option. On the other hand, Tim Miller and K.C. both know about TMG. And having two sub 6-foot guards on the court at the same time is not really Capel's desired style, from what I can tell.. so it just doesn't seem like a fit to me.

Especially when I feel like some very good teams will come along and offer him late in the process with a chance to compete for the starting point guard role right away.

I have been really impressed with how much he has improved his jumpshot over the last year and a half. I have seen him several times since last summer, and think he will make a really solid point guard for a high major.

Don't be surprised to see UCLA or Arizona make a big run at him if they strike out on a couple of higher rated pgs.

Got an update from my wife, CHHS had to play some ASTEC school from God know's where, and had the starters pretty much pulled after the first period. I'm guessing the tourney was a blind draw because Millwood is the host and they play GA this evening or right now. Spencer is playing OKC storm (home-school team) and is easily into the champ. game. I guess Travon Grant for CHHS had a good showing against GA, my wife said 30 or so. (there's no way to really verify these stats as I don't believe Tuley has anybody keep stats.) As a side note, I told my wife about JR Giddens and the uncle that got caught at Wal-mart. So she asked Tuley about it and he's been trying to get her to ask Coach Giddens about it ( it was one of his brothers).

Last edited:
Champ. game is tonight and will be Star Spencer vs. God's Academy. Should be a good game.

Spencer ended up beating GA by 5. Czech if you have an update, please post?

No, I didn't attend the game. I'll have to see if my wife can find out from Tuley what all went down. I will be watching Spencer play on Tuesday when they visit Capitol Hill.

I will say it again we already have a back up for tmg his name is tjt,for the ones whom seem to have forgot.Taylor,is a better guard than K.c,i like K.C game but i dont think he better than taylor.I hope taylor dont read some of the things people write on here,because it is always talk about a back up for tmg,Taylor, maybe thinking about going somewhere else and he can its just a mere process he would need to go through.

I hope Taylor is not that sensitive to where he gets offended by what message board fans say. It would be pretty hard for him to go elsewhere being that he signed a letter of intent. If ou were to offer Ross-Miller(OU offered Miller two years ago) there would be nothing wrong with having three guys that can play the point. OU has had a PG void over the last three years and a little insurance won't help. Also, Taylor seems not to be a guy scared of competition. I doubt Cameron Clark is worried about Ray Willis or OU signing Shavon Coleman or Terrence Jones. Competitors compete.

It is no talk about Clark backing anybody up like it is about Taylor and its not about being sensitive its about a17yr old kid looking at someone allways talking like he would be a 3rd string player,it is obvious to me that u guys who talk of a backup guard for tmg has never seen Taylor play like i have.Taylor and Clark are competitors and it will be hard for someone to take a position from them.

I've seen the videos of Taylor and love his game. I see him getting a lot of minutes next year as combo guard playing both the point and the wing. And Clark is going to be a starter from day one just like Tiny and TMG were this year.

Back